Vaginal bleeding in morning

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
My girl is having a problem with vaginal bleeding in the morning. She got on the pill a few months ago. Had her normal period and i know she missed a day so her mom told her to take two the next day. That's when it started.

She called the doctor and the doctor said it was from doubling the dose and it would go away. Its been like 2 weeks and hasn't went back to normal. I keep urging her to see the doctor but her moms bein reluctant with her.

We always use condoms and I don't cum inside her even on the pill.

D

deleted85856

You're making the right decision asking us.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
I have a lot of friends who have fucked up spotting/periods because they're on one of the really low-dose pills, but just to be sure, go see a doctor. Could be something you want to know about ASAP.

Or it could be from really good sex :tongue:

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I agree with what the others have posted, she need to go to the doctor.
But one thing I must say, and this is with any medication, do not double up the next day when one has been skipped. Birth control pills are synthetic hormones. These hormones regulate cycles. It doesn't take much to upset hormonal balance.

One question the doctor will ask- is she cramping with her bleeding or is it painless? It could be the difference in what test may/may not be ordered.

Good luck

meerin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sorry, cinnamon, but you do need to double up the next day or take it as soon as it's missed. As with any meds, follow the instructions in the packet. If they say double, do: if not, don't.

Go to the doc to get checked.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
she doesn't need to go to the doctor just yet. if the bleeding continues then she should head in for a check up. i am guessing she had an exam before she was prescribed BC?

she missed a day, doubled a dose before the bleeding started. with most low dose BC spotting or break through bleeding is very common during the first 3 months. since she had a mild wobble in the hormone levels her body needs time to reset it's self. the bleeding should stop after her next period.

the bleeding more noticeable in the morning because laying down allows for the blood to collect.

please don't freak out and worry yourself or your girlie. her doctor already told her she just needs to wait it out. if you have more questions just google a bit. there are a heap of message boards out there related to bc. some have medical staff available to answer your questions.

ml

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I read that her mum is reluctant for your girlfriend to see the doctor. Is it possible her mum is feeling a little anxious because it co-insided when she advised her totake a double dose.

I totally agree with the rest go and seek the advice of her doctor, even if only to put both your minds at rest. Most good practices these days have nurse practitioners who deal with contraception advise and issuses.

Hope all goes well, I sure there is nothing to worry about, but go along anyway. Keep us posted, afterall we are your LPSG family and here to support you also.

meerin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Every BC I've been on has said take it as soon as you miss it or take 2 at the next dose if it's not missed until then. There may be different instructions, but I've never come across them.

TXgirl77

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sounds like break-through bleading - that can happen when you forget, especially if she just started taking the pill. Just warn her that if she does double up all at once.. it could make her VERY NAUSEOUS. Try to take one immediately, and then the other a short while later. I used to forget all the time and that would happen. If she is really worried, then go see the doc, but I would bet that's all that's going on. I think after her next cycle, it will go back to normal. Now, this is in general though. There is always the exception....

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
Sorry, cinnamon, but you do need to double up the next day or take it as soon as it's missed. As with any meds, follow the instructions in the packet. If they say double, do: if not, don't.

Go to the doc to get checked.

When in doubt check it out...

You are correct. I checked The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist website. I no longer have to worry about birth control (FREEDOM!!!) but my doctor told me not to do that (double up). Not sure why, matter a personal preference?

cougarblue

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just my opinion, but I have to ask :

WHAT MADE HER CHOOSE THE PILL ?

There are many types of birth control options nowadays, especially for younger women. (I don't know what country you are in) I recommend doing the research and discussing with the physician as to which is recommended for your woman.

Just my opinion, but if she's already "forgotten" a pill in the first month, maybe the pill is not the right option for her? Although the pill is 99% effective when taken correctly , I know of several cases where women have gotten pregnant while on the pill (Sometimes missed pills, sometimes other medications they were on that counter-acted the effectiveness of the pill)

meerin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When in doubt check it out...

You are correct. I checked The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist website. I no longer have to worry about birth control (FREEDOM!!!) but my doctor told me not to do that (double up). Not sure why, matter a personal preference?

Hmm, I'm not sure why he would. As far as I know, completely missing a pill will throw the hormones out of whack and put you at risk for ovulating. Perhaps it was the type you were on?
I am looking forward to the day I don't have to worry about it and pills always made me nauseous in the mornings- not a good feeling to have when you aren't trying to get preggers. :tongue: I think I kept EPT in business until I switched to something different.