Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really need some suggestions for a valentine gift for my wife,
Because: after some of the previous gifts I bought - on similar occasions - I got an awakening comment from my wife, which was latter on emphasized by other people too (men and women!) that I - and some other men (I don't want to overgeneralize and say "most men"!) tend to choose gifts for their loved ones that actually fulfills their own interest and pleasures rather than the person the gift is presented to! When buy my wife a nice perfume for example, my wife believes this gift is for me to enjoy smelling this nice perfume on her! a sexy piece of lingerie: well, "this is certainly for you to indulge your sight while looking at me after wearing it, what do I get from such a gift?!"...??? really? I actually never thought about it this way, but, I have to be honest, she had a good point! did I do it on purpose? I don't think so! maybe subconsciously or something!
After asking and reading: I learned that gifts most appreciated by women are: bags and shoes! (If someone has a better option please let me know!) don't mention gold pleeeeease!;
And most gifts presented on valentine are: flowers (especially red roses of course) and red hearts and valentine romantic cards!!
well, I understand that valentine is day for "love" to be celebrated, and it's ok to get some flowers or chocolates or any other "romantic" gift, but aren't there any ideas for a more erotic/sexy gifts that would be appreciated by women on such a day rather than practical (shoes & bags) or romantic (flowers) gifts?!

I don't fuss 'bout that particular day much. Purses and shoes are no really my thing. Just wanna stay in/home an hang out. Crowds and overpriced shite if out n about. Mebby book I had wanted if insist on buying gift. or some kitchen stuff from a wishlist that is mostly so I remember what was looking at. Am more a hand made gift sort. Write love letter tell how much they mean an how happy they make. Make they favorite food. Store bought card, no thanks. Someone else's words wit a "love" and signature mean not a whole lot. Frugal and introvert self, though.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
We don't celebrate Valentine's day. Never have, likely never will... But he knows. If I get a gift, for any reason ever.. it's either a living plant, or chocolate, or both. None of this "bouquet of cut flowers" crap. If there are flowers, they better still be attached to the plant from which they grew.

Some people don't like chocolate and claim to have "brown thumbs" so they may not like getting those particular kinds of gifts.

I'd check his temperature if he got me jewelry or anything similar. He knows better than to waste money on that crap.

Reactions: g0nz0 and SSS79

SSS79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't fuss 'bout that particular day much. Purses and shoes are no really my thing. Just wanna stay in/home an hang out. Crowds and overpriced shite if out n about. Mebby book I had wanted if insist on buying gift. or some kitchen stuff from a wishlist that is mostly so I remember what was looking at. Am more a hand made gift sort. Write love letter tell how much they mean an how happy they make. Make they favorite food. Store bought card, no thanks. Someone else's words wit a "love" and signature mean not a whole lot. Frugal and introvert self, though.

love letter? sounds like a nice idea!
i should seriously consider this!
thanks

Reactions: 4388301

SSS79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We don't celebrate Valentine's day. Never have, likely never will... But he knows. If I get a gift, for any reason ever.. it's either a living plant, or chocolate, or both. None of this "bouquet of cut flowers" crap. If there are flowers, they better still be attached to the plant from which they grew.

Some people don't like chocolate and claim to have "brown thumbs" so they may not like getting those particular kinds of gifts.

I'd check his temperature if he got me jewelry or anything similar. He knows better than to waste money on that crap.

I love plantsand caring for them, but unfortunately it's not my wife's thing! But i totally agree and understand: I hate to see cut flowers! actually on of the best gifts I ever received is always a flowering plant in a pot, way much better than flower bouquet.
and yes, my wife will always appreciate any chocolate, and that can be included ALL the time, but I was thinking of a more "erotic" thing! Actually some people think chocolate is both romantic and erotic at the same time, I dunno about that!

love letter? sounds like a nice idea!
i should seriously consider this!
thanks

Most recent one I gave my partner is perched on their dresser ever since. Had some fancy paper I used an wrote it out on scratch paper first so no fuck up on the fancy shit. They do randomly bring me chocolate now and then but no a special occasion thing.

SSS79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What does She enjoy? Not something you attach to her gender/sexuality... Just something that she likes as a person. Something that any random person could enjoy.

Go from there

I was just wondering if there is a certain kind of a gift that would have this "erotic/sexual" attribute, and will be appreciated by any wife in general?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I love plantsand caring for them, but unfortunately it's not my wife's thing! But i totally agree and understand: I hate to see cut flowers! actually on of the best gifts I ever received is always a flowering plant in a pot, way much better than flower bouquet.
and yes, my wife will always appreciate any chocolate, and that can be included ALL the time, but I was thinking of a more "erotic" thing! Actually some people think chocolate is both romantic and erotic at the same time, I dunno about that!

Well, I don't know much about "erotic" or "romantic" gifting as we don't do that.

If we get sex toys, we do it together, no special occasion or holiday necessary. I don't care for lingerie really.

I got nuthin'

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I was just wondering if there is a certain kind of a gift that would have this "erotic/sexual" attribute, and will be appreciated by any wife in general?

Your wife is an individual. You know her. You know what she likes/doesn't.

Never go for "general" when you're giving a gift your want to be received with genuine gratitude

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Write love/naughty letters on each other. Hit a drug store. Pop for eyeliner in various colors. Go to town with shmoop and/or perving. Co-bathtub fun can be had at the end of the evening.

If you don't mind getting messy combine the love note suggestion with the chocolate piping.

I'm more a quality time person than a gimme stuff kinda critter. Exceptions being books, mixed tapes, awesome foods.

SSS79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your wife is an individual. You know her. You know what she likes/doesn't.

Never go for "general" when you're giving a gift your want to be received with genuine gratitude

Yes, for sure, if I was thinking about just any gift, I wouldn't have asked here anyways!
I just thought about the idea of getting her a gift that would have some "erotic/sexual" meaning or use on such a day, and I remembered her previous comments that I mentioned, so I don't want to get her something that would please me mostly! and I found myself somehow confused, and I just want to get a "general" idea if there is some kind of a gift that would fit in such a category, if it ever exists?! or there isn't really something like that, and I should just think about bags and chocolates?!
When I include the erotic/sexual aspect, everybody knows that if I want to please her from that aspect I don't go look out for "gifts"!! lol..
BUT, is there any gift that would help in any way, or it is just a silly/stupid idea and I should just forget about it?
Sorry If I didn't make myself clear

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

SSS79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

SSS79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Write love/naughty letters on each other. Hit a drug store. Pop for eyeliner in various colors. Go to town with shmoop and/or perving. Co-bathtub fun can be had at the end of the evening.

If you don't mind getting messy combine the love note suggestion with the chocolate piping.

I'm more a quality time person than a gimme stuff kinda critter. Exceptions being books, mixed tapes, awesome foods.

love & naughty letter, now it's kind of a more solid idea! THANKS!
co-bathtub? I like that, sounds really great for the event! how can I prepare for this as a kind of surprise?

What do you mean by combining the letter with chocolate piping? do you mean writing something with melted chocolate?

Sorry, but what do meanby "going to town with shmoop"?!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yes, for sure, if I was thinking about just any gift, I wouldn't have asked here anyways!
I just thought about the idea of getting her a gift that would have some "erotic/sexual" meaning or use on such a day, and I remembered her previous comments that I mentioned, so I don't want to get her something that would please me mostly! and I found myself somehow confused, and I just want to get a "general" idea if there is some kind of a gift that would fit in such a category, if it ever exists?! or there isn't really something like that, and I should just think about bags and chocolates?!
When I include the erotic/sexual aspect, everybody knows that if I want to please her from that aspect I don't go look out for "gifts"!! lol..
BUT, is there any gift that would help in any way, or it is just a silly/stupid idea and I should just forget about it?
Sorry If I didn't make myself clear

I don't think it's a stupid idea at all! I think it's considerate of you and I admire that you admitted that she was right about the gifts she was getting. I don't think it's uncommon, people unknowingly give gifts that they themselves got more out of than the person to whom they gifted said item all the time.

I say good on you for effort and thought

Reactions: 4388301 and SSS79

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I might go with picking something that matches her love language (acts of service, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, receiving gifts).

For example, if she’s an acts of service kind of woman, sending her out and cleaning the house for her. Sending the little ones for a sleepover somewhere, cooking dinner, then she’ll be receptive to a night of erotic pleasures. Drawing a bath for the two of you, sharing chocolate and wine in the tub. Erotic massage. Things like that. I’m an acts of service person first, with gifts as a second.

Just a thought. :)

SSS79

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I might go with picking something that matches her love language (acts of service, words of affirmation, physical touch, quality time, receiving gifts).

For example, if she’s an acts of service kind of woman, sending her out and cleaning the house for her. Sending the little ones for a sleepover somewhere, cooking dinner, then she’ll be receptive to a night of erotic pleasures. Drawing a bath for the two of you, sharing chocolate and wine in the tub. Erotic massage. Things like that. I’m an acts of service person first, with gifts as a second.

Just a thought. :)

It's a good thought!!
I was first reluctant though when you started with "cleaning the house"!!! lol
But then, yes, your thoughts were much prettier! Thanks!
erotic massage is a great idea, I am not sure which one of us will enjoy it more! ;) it's definetely a treat for me too!
and the idea of "service" rather than "gifts" is somehow more economical too! great for my pockets!

Reactions: LaFemme