Valentine's day - emotional pleasure or emotional pain?

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I once read that more couples break up on Valentine's Day then get created on Valentine's Day. Too much pressure? Does this day bring more emotional pleasure or emotional pain? Have you felt more of one or the other certain years?

From IMDB:
Charlie Brown: I'd give *anything if that Little Red Haired Girl had sent me a valentine. Hey, maybe she *did* send me one. Maybe she *did* send me a valentine, and it didn't get here till today! Maybe it's in our mailbox right now! I'm afraid to look. If I look and there's nothing there, I'll be crushed. On the other hand, if she did send me a valentine... I've *got* to look!

[he opens the mailbox eagerly, but Snoopy smooches him on the nose, then Snoopy closes the mailbox promptly as Charlie Brown rubs his nose disgustedly]

Charlie Brown: I hate Valentine's Day.​

latinabella

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
9e4236f9ada56cc1ba2e388b5603def64a6bb32c4b7170b3ed0edbf8a8970189.jpg

...over and out!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't do holidays.

It's just another rotation of the planet to me. The only reason I can say I always enjoy Valentine's day is the simple fact that lots of good chocolate can be found everywhere.

I've never been that person to hate the world because I didn't have a Valentine. I find the whole concept ridiculous, and basically always have.

This year, my cat is my Valentine. I just decided, this very second. He's super cuddly today.

I think it can be fun to do an extra little something for my sweetie on Valentine's Day. I do random little things for him through the whole year, though. Today it was a little love letter. We got some really tasty food delivered and are watching silly shit on Netflix. Lovely way to spend the day with my sweetie to me!

Reactions: BetterFuture

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The only reason I like Valentine's Day is the chocolate. And chocolate sales the day after.

I did buy Bubbles a bag of peanut M&Ms because they are his favorite. Spaz got squeak toys. The cats are getting some dank nip nuggets and a whole container of Temptations.

I will use any holiday as an excuse to spoil my furbabies.

I think that these random things can be so much more meaningful. When not expected, a kind gesture feels all the more kind. :)

It has been all over the place from nice undies, more undershirts when it seemed his were getting worn out, to a pizza cutter at random times throughout the year. And sometimes random video games. Oh! Or surprising him by making particular dishes he likes.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Valentine's day is when I can sell more pet treats, and give more Uber rides. It is officially a commercial day for me.

I received gif files from the men I'm dating. They got the same in return. Someone called me all day, but I have laryngitis and need my voice to control my dogs and make my money. I didn't answer. I sent a text eventually. One asked to see me, and suggested I come by tonight, but I need my rest and we don't sleep much when I spend the night. Actually, the last time I slept over, he was only good for one round, which was fine by me. However, I awoke too early because I forgot to bring my cough syrup, and I kept waking him up. He seemed happy to see me every time, and kissed me, and snuggled tighter, but I felt badly about keeping him up and went home to take my cough syrup and sleep properly myself. Maybe if I fall in love again I'll be interested in celebrating Valentine's day with someone again. For now? Pay the lady. That's all I want.

I'm a little late to the game... I'm not big on any commercial holiday, especially Valentine's Day. I would much rather have a $5 bouquet from the grocery store on a random weeknight than an expensive bouquet of roses because Hallmark said so. I'll do a nice dinner (often at home), sometimes get some special lingerie but that's about it.

That said, when I walked past a coworker's desk and saw that she had roses, I have to admit I was a little jealous. I still think it's a waste of money compared to the week before or after, but it would be nice to get them.

Reactions: BetterFuture

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I sent TheGuitarist a note: “happy chocolatier, florist and greeting card production profit day!”
And we had awesome video snugglebunnies, since he’s on tour.

I actually gave him an anatomically correct heart necklace before he left.
He sent a photo of him wearing it on the 14th

Gong hay fat choy!
(Already another holiday here)

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy