Valentine's day gift suggestion

huguest

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok...

The big day is coming and I need you girls to post the best gift (or attention) you, as a women, would like to receive.

It would help and save a lot of LPSG user's I think.

I don't think, rose and chocolate are what women want now, are they?

You could post the same question in the men section if you don't know what to get to your men.:p

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, we don't do Valentine's here. Otherwise we'd be obligated to Steak and BJ Day, March 14. I'd rather not be bound to dates.

In all seriousness, his "gift" to me this year was a plane ticket. Long distance relationship, and all. My budget is tight right now, so I'm bringing him home-made food, because he misses my cooking. :oops:

I'm pretty easy to please. Breakfast in bed. A day of Netflix and sex and snuggling and lots of good quality chocolate.

And sleep. If he loves me he'll let me he'll turn all the phones to silent and let me sleep until I reawakened naturally and not with an alarm going off in my ear.

Bliss.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't do Valentines Day. Not my kind of holiday. Only holiday for TNJ is Halloween.

If we did do the 'romantic' thing, I suppose I'd want a potted plant. Not a bouquet of cut flowers... I'd want a living plant I can keep for years.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
And sleep. If he loves me he'll let me he'll turn all the phones to silent and let me sleep until I reawakened naturally and not with an alarm going off in my ear.

Bliss.
Preach, sista!

Reactions: Bonfire

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously though, we no longer give each other gifts. We decided a while back to give experiences. This is a neat concept. I don't need stuff, and if I do I usually go and get it.

An experience can be a trip or a token of somewhere we've been that will conjure memories. He gave a small accordion pin from the first music festival we attended in Louisiana where I was indoctrinated to Cajun music. Damn, I loved it so much!

And it doesn't have to be a big something. I got a trip to Savanah last Christmas. It's more than the trip - it's a week alone with him enjoying the place. That's an experience!

I gave him a guitar pick that B.B. King gave to me years ago. He cried.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't do Valentines Day. Not my kind of holiday. Only holiday for TNJ is Halloween.

If we did do the 'romantic' thing, I suppose I'd want a potted plant. Not a bouquet of cut flowers... I'd want a living plant I can keep for years.
My husband always knew to give me potted Hyacinths on V-day. It's what my mother used to give me for my birthday when I was coming up. The seed has been planted in my dude's ear, that potted hyacinths can usually be had for $5 or less, and that they make the perfect any-reason or no-reason gift for me.

I make chocolate truffles. Anyone who has been to my house when I'm making candy knows it's really a sacrificial gift of love from me. Hate making candy without a tempering machine and an enrober. It's such a pain in ass in a residential kitchen. I'm in my kitchen drowning in frustration, cursing and fuming as 900 things go awry. But good candy is worth it. I don't have the emotional capacity for something like that this year. My new hobby is painting. I'll send him a painting from a class I'm taking on the 14th. I'm not good at painting, but I'm not dreadful either.

Reactions: Wave85

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I like the idea of a good V day gift. Good not expensive necessarily. My hubs and I used to not give each other holiday gifts because we had no money to spare. Things are much better for us now and all of those years of watching someone else get the flowers and candy from their man don't plague me on V-day anymore. I've had gifts of jewelry, fine chocolates, flowers, your typical stuff but the best gift I receive is the quirky greeting card with a lot of hand-written sappy stuff in it. I'd rather my husband take the time to write something special to me. That is a gift that keeps on giving. I have many of our quirky cards with love notes stuck to the fridge where I can open them and read them anytime I want for many years. It's a few bucks out of your wallet for a lifetime of appreciation for your kind and/or sexy words. Be careful though, she'll be expecting the same thing next year too. ;)

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My current partner likes stuff. I don't.
So I ask for experiences/favors.
When I get him something, I put a lot of thought into it.
For Hanukah, he got two prints and frames of the two bridges he loves. I managed to get them the same size.
I've painted him pieces (I'm a live painter) at shows that matter to him.

We skip Valentine's Day. He does have a friend with a birthday that day, so I send him off to take her to lunch/dinner.

But wow, could I use a massage from someplace I don't work.

huguest

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For her this year, I think I will go with the gift card, with all the reason I do love her and appreciate her.

I try to vary each years, and surprise her with something she didn't expect but this year, it's a bit harder, she mention that she doesn't have time for herself enough. But I see her playing all Saturday on her cellular...

At Christmas I give her a spa massage certificate, that she didn't use yet. I think she need time with her girlfriends. But when she have the time she doesn't leave the house or her game on the phone. Freedom is in the head...

For me, I wish she would let me help her with a hypnosis seance for once, But I know I can't force her...
Or a nice t-shirt with a funny epitaph.