VALENTINE's DAY

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Bacchusbigboy, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    :heart: Happy Valentine’s day :fest30:

Ok it is Valentine’s day in Australia, we love being one of the first in world to celebrate.

What is your best Valentine day memory, please keep it upbeat and positive I personal don’t want to hear about the year you where forgotten PM me if you want to cry on my shoulder.

Today I know is a Hallmark day but what the hell there is not enough love in the world let’s spread a little. Yes best sex on valentine’s day is welcome (always interested in sex ) but it doesn’t have to be restricted to sex, or hetro relationships but I will draw the line at animals :joke:

Have fun

:kiss: :hug:
    Bacchus

2. gm3800v6

gm3800v6 New Member

I must say that my greatest Valentine Day memory was getting married to my beautiful wife 6 years ago.

3. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    gm3800v6 you romantic you

4. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm hoping this year will be the best year, despite the weather threatening my plans. So far, the best year was the year my mother taught me how to bake a heart-shaped cake without a heart-shaped mold. I'm making one tomorow if I get to my destination.

5. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

My best years are single years...

Nothing like an over-commercialized holiday that capitalizes on female sentiment...

As if Christmas doesn't break your bank enough, less than 2 months later your forking out more loot that is best used elsewhere...

Cynical Romantic indeed...

...OB

6. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I was a poor starving college student I drew a nice red heart on my chest with lipstick and presented myself to my sweetheart.

Later, when she stopped laughing and wiped away her tears, she warned me that would only work ONCE.

:tongue:

7. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    I loved your response rawbone! I agree, V-day can be over commercialized and it can be expensive...that's if you let it. It can also be a great excuse for a mid week romantic interlude. We shouldn't need such an excuse and often we don't. But, its a hectic world, a busy life, jobs, kids etc., etc, and we enjoy making believe on V-day that all that doesn't exist as we melt away in each others arms.

8. lilpeewee

lilpeewee Member

Sorry to sound a cynic but I am not a big fan of Valentines Day.
    It always seems to cost me a fortune and I end up worse than I started :redface:

9. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Valentine's Day, why that's the day when I lost my virginity for the second time.

10. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    Sounds like there is a story.. like to tell us? Or you could PM me

11. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    Thanks it may only work once but now more people can use the idea.

Thanks for sharing it you old romatic :rolleyes:

12. himu

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  13. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    You make me laugh and horny at the same time with that pic :boobies2:- thanks

14. invisibleman

Gold Member

Positive, eh?

Valentine's Day Nostalgia: (What I used to do...)

I would bake a chocolate cake and frost it with Dark Chocolate icing and top it with chopped walnuts and pecans.

I would find or rent a really good romantic comedy to watch with my beau. Like, "Blind Date" with Bruce Willis and Kim Basinger. Or "Stuck on You" with Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear.

Order some Thai Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup or some Korean Chap Chae from Doc Chey's Noodle House in Asheville. Or I would grill something great marinated and spice rubbed--steak, fish, or chicken and have grilled mixed squash and onions.

Make Champs-Elysees cocktails (nicknamed them "Champsi") because of the two liquids: Champagne and Pepsi. Hehehe. You can add a swirl of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and a dash of maraschino cherry juice.

Sit down and eat. Afterwards, watch the movies while having some chocolate cake.. Fall asleep in my beau's arms. (I had already seen the movies but they are fun to watch--plus I get to sleep.)

Extra special surprise: Exchange a few cards and Valentine momentos. :smile::smile:

15. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Aww, what a cute presentation! I think too many spend too much on V-day gifts. Especially all those here who claim not to like it just because it's expensive. I think it's a great excuse to do something nice for the people you love. I made my grandmother a pint of ice cream and some cookies. I bought her favorite candy bar, a card, and a scratch-off game from the Lottery. Maybe she'll win something. I got my sweetheart a card and a game too. I baked him a cake and I'm making him a bracelet. I spent $20 and three hours total. That doesn't count the bracelet. I always have beading supplies in my house. I breathe arts and crafts. The thread, silver accent beads and closures, and beads all probably add another $10, and six hours of labor.

You know what ruins the day? People who buy something in the gas station on the morning of. People who buy expensive jewels they can't afford and spent no time selecting. I'll be really disapointed if I'm presented with a yellow gold and white diamond heart pendant or something tomorrow. I'm expecting my super-talented valentine to draw me something big and lovely which I can frame. (Bonus points if it's dated and framed already.) He's good in the kitchen, so maybe he has made me some cookies. Or he can show me he listens: I need a new sports bra, in an extremely uncommon size. Now, if he's gotten me one of those, he'll have spent too much, but unlike a heart pendant I'll know he has been paying attention to my life. What ruins the day is people forgetting he spirit of the day and giving in to the Kay, Hallmark, DeBeers, FTD Florist ads and spending a week's pay.

You know something else? More important than an exchange of gifts is what you do. My dude and I are going to do something he's never done before, something about which he is terrified. The level of trust displayed has me excited, nervous and eager to be with him already. I keep willing the clock to speed up. At 5am, I can leave my house and start my trek north, in the horrible weather...

Why are so many of you so anti-Valentine's Day? It's because you've lost sight of what's important. It's so easy to get bogged down in life and take each other, and all the little moments for granted. Here is an opportunity to bring those things, those people you love to the forefront. Let them know that when you forget the dry cleaning, when you burn the meatloaf, when you are yelling about a bounced check, when the tires are flat and the transmission's shot, when the roof leaks, and when the kid has puked all over the bed... let them know that when all these things are happening, you haven't forgoten how much they mean to you, and how much they enrich your life. And you don't have to say it with flowers. You can even just simply say it.

16. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I think I've been single something like 22 out of my 27 years on Valentine's Day. Including this one.

Best memory? Probably... high school. Valentine's Day 1996, I think. I was a junior, my first girlfriend Jenni was a senior. Every other guy in school would maybe get their girlfriend's 2-5 of those large mylar Valentine's Day balloons. Some of the girls in stead were walking around with 1 or 2 of these giant sized mylar balloons. For Jenni, I took out all the seats in my parent's van just so I could fit all the balloons in there and drive them to school, and I got her something like 30 or 40 or the giant-sized ones. Every guy in school hated me for making them look so bad, but every girl in scool envied Jenni, so it was worth it.

17. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

My best was when MB, CG, Gisella, Sassy, njqt, Cbabe, Denise, 1hc, Kotchanski, Gilette, Lee, Snoozan, Karmen, HB, CBD, TK, CT turned up at my place with Callum, Sam, Big Dan, The Colonel, FF, RB, Tripod, Yorkie and a case of Macallan and several fortnum's hampers. Ahhh we could tell some stories.

18. Bacchusbigboy

Bacchusbigboy New Member

Albums:
    You Old devil you know they will love you for that – I am jealous, that I didn’t think of that.

They are all very special :kiss:

19. zgrog2000

zgrog2000 New Member

Damn, that sounds cool. Port and Stilton hamper...? my favorite

20. Lordpendragon

Gold Member

Less of the old you young bacchus buck. :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted