valentins day gifts

deltadcc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What kind of gifts would ladies like on valentins day, or gifts that you hate? Looking for some ideas for my girl, and looking for some options. Thanks

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When it comes to gifts - I use the '5 Love Languages' premise. Basically, people have there are 5 different ways that make people feel loved. They are:

Acts of service (doing something for someone, unasked)
Words of affirmation (liking notes, words, poems etc that acknowledge them)
Quality time (spending time together)
Receiving gifts (like it says - receiving gifts!)
Physical touch (being touched in non-sexual and/or sexual ways)

Most people have a top one, but others can score pretty high. So, having said that - I am an 'Acts of Service' person with 'Quality Time' coming close. Then 'Gifts' and 'Physical Touch' with 'Words' coming in a distant last.

A perfect Valentine's Day for me?

Coming home to a clean house..... a bubble bath for 2.....a bedroom picnic prepared by my loved one.... and then hours of slow, passionate sex. Maybe cap off the evening with a pair of nice earrings or bracelet....

There are quizzes all over the web to figure out ( Home - Five Love Languages ) what your love language is - but you can also watch her and see how she shows love to you. Usually, what we do to show others love is what we would like done for us.

Just an idea.....

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Get her something that is special to HER, not something that fits the stock standard idea of romantic.

For example, flowers, chocolates, bubble baths, jewelry, none of those would work for me. They just aren't my thing. But taking me horse riding, buying me a new vibrator, or giving me a MFM would be ultra romantic. Think about what SHE likes and go from there.

D_Hillary_Clitton

Account Disabled
Media
I love when a guy goes to the trouble to write me a special something annotating how he feels about me on special days like that. Most men don't get into detail about about that sort of thing all the time, so it's great to be able to receive something like that. Also, dressing up without me having to ask. A well dressed man makes a damn good impression:)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Call me old fashioned or a purist but for me it's long stemmed red roses in a beautiful vase with a small tasteful card attached.

deltadcc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Very good ideas has me thinking. I gave her roses for christmas, kindof roses I hand made some metal roses. Iam grease monkey. Thinking of take her out on valentins day eat Italian but I still want to get her a gift of some sorts. As far as a vibrator I don't know how she would take it so to speak lol. I shouldnt have said my girl cause were in a friend stage, and iam really shy talking to girls even though I known her all my life. Plus she "dances" and has heard evey pickup line know to man. What do u think should I be spontaneous and get a toy or just be old fashion? Thankyou again for the ideas keep them coming

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You hand-made metal roses for her? *swoon*

Aw agreed :smile:

One of the sweetest things I've been given was a night in. He picked me up and took me to his place. Covered my eyes as we walked in the door. I could hear our favorite (ok my favorite romantic song playing.) He had me stand there for a moment while he lit some candles and came back over and told me to open my eyes. Candles and a pretty table setting with roses. He grilled steaks for us and gave me a stained glass jewelry box he'd found in the mountains. I would have been happy with just the dinner, but he knew me well enough to know the box was something that I would cherish forever along with the memory. Still have it on my dresser and it's one of my most favorite things.

I think your Christmas present was a wonderful gift. If she really loved it then she's someone that appreciates a gift from the heart and you should give her something that special again :)

This is kind of an example but there is a space for me to put a photo in mine. http://www.etsy.com/listing/58537516/free-shipping-stained-glass-box?ref=cat3_gallery_17

Last edited by a moderator:

deltadcc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
yeah i posted a picture of one of the roses i made for her let me know what you think. I got the dinner figured out i think iam going to try and make something else.

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
yeah i posted a picture of one of the roses i made for her let me know what you think. I got the dinner figured out i think iam going to try and make something else.

I don't know about the other ladies but that would win my heart! I cherish gifts that are thoughtful and personalized to my tastes not the cookie cutter ideal of the holiday.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Very good ideas has me thinking. I gave her roses for christmas, kindof roses I hand made some metal roses. Iam grease monkey. Thinking of take her out on valentins day eat Italian but I still want to get her a gift of some sorts. As far as a vibrator I don't know how she would take it so to speak lol. I shouldnt have said my girl cause were in a friend stage, and iam really shy talking to girls even though I known her all my life. Plus she "dances" and has heard evey pickup line know to man. What do u think should I be spontaneous and get a toy or just be old fashion? Thankyou again for the ideas keep them coming

If you don't know if a toy is for her, don't get a toy. The point is to think about what you know about her, what she likes, and then make that special.

yeah i posted a picture of one of the roses i made for her let me know what you think. I got the dinner figured out i think iam going to try and make something else.http://www.lpsg.org/payments.phphttp://www.lpsg.org/albums/thumbs/90/a9025f26c817a139db2ac08367f1f3b3_90355.jpg?dl=1295236125

The roses you made are beautiful! If someone made that for me, it wouldn't be the right present, because I'm not into flowers. But I'd still appreciate the hard work that went into it and the beauty of it. And for a girl that DID like flowers, that would be a real wow present! I think the fact that you made it makes it extra special.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We don't exchange gifts on Valentines Day. It's just a thing we have about doing stuff on a special day because the stores tell us to. But we do celebrate with special actions. He wrote a song for me one year and only performs it if I'm in the audience. He could be a gourmet chef if he ever decides to leave music, but I wish he were in the kitchen more. But one of the biggest gifts he gives me is that he actually cleans up after he cooks! Seriously, and I mean not just putting the pots in the sink, but wipes the stove!!!

I do special things for him too... later.

Bravo55

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For any occasion I like to give gifts that my wife likes that are not prescibed by the occasion. For our thirteth anniversary I booked a cruise for the two of us and secretly for our three adult (22 yo and older) children. When we were on the boat I arranged for the captain to officiate at the renewal of our vows. It was only after I "kissed the bride" and she turned around that she saw the kids at the back chapel. Then we had a great vacation.

The other gifts she loved best were three lullabys I wrote when our children were born. In each one, the song represented the mother singing to that specific child there were individualized words that were were unique to each baby.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For any occasion I like to give gifts that my wife likes that are not prescibed by the occasion. For our thirteth anniversary I booked a cruise for the two of us and secretly for our three adult (22 yo and older) children. When we were on the boat I arranged for the captain to officiate at the renewal of our vows. It was only after I "kissed the bride" and she turned around that she saw the kids at the back chapel. Then we had a great vacation.

The other gifts she loved best were three lullabys I wrote when our children were born. In each one, the song represented the mother singing to that specific child there were individualized words that were were unique to each baby.

Wow, I love that you wrote lullabys for your children.

This post and EllieP's post reminded me of some of the most touching gifts I have been given. One ex wrote two songs about me, one of which is really good, and an admirer once dedicated a short story to me. Those gifts made me feel extremely special, but the music really deeply moved me. If you have the talent, write a song to her that's about her.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Speaking as an artist... that's a damn good rose...
And nothing, ever, beats giving a woman something beautiful that you wrought with your own hands, just for her.

Here's a way of looking at it...
Think of the kind of things that are important to her...

What does she love to do? What is she excited by?
Does she have a passion for something?

If she plays an instrument, is there a concert happening nearby, or even far away, with a musician she admires?
Is she into a hobby? If you can make a rose like that... can you make her something she really needs? for her profession, or her hobby?

Or is there something that you recall, early on in your association, that was a turning point in your affections for her? Something you could give her in remembrance of the moment you realized you were in love with her?

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Now this is the kind of thing I was talking about :smile:.