Valerie Plame to Testify Friday

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Valerie Plame goes before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, tomorrow at 10am EST. Live broadcast on C-Span.org.

The lack of public outrage over the high crime committed against her and our national security is regretful, although the issue seems to be heating up.

Crimes aside, her story is fascinating--downright sexy. I can't help but be intrigued. I'll be watching tomorrow like a government starfucker.

zgrog2000

Experimental Member
Media
Valerie Plame goes before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, tomorrow at 10am EST. Live broadcast on C-Span.org.

The lack of public outrage over the high crime committed against her and our national security is regretful, although the issue seems to be heating up.

Crimes aside, her story is fascinating--downright sexy. I can't help but be intrigued. I'll be watching tomorrow like a government starfucker.

Please enlighten us as to the crime that was committed? She had a desk job in the CIA. No secret there. She wasn't a spy.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please enlighten us as to the crime that was committed? She had a desk job in the CIA. No secret there. She wasn't a spy.

Well, apparently someone thinks a crime was committed, if there's a hearing. I'm sure the oversight committee will be fascinated with your opinion though.:rolleyes:

I'll be watching the hearing too, I wrote quite a few letters to editors over this myself.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
It amazes me how people keep getting things wrong.

OFF TOPIC: There was nothing wrong with firing the 8/9 District Attorneys, what was wrong was that the Justice Dept. was using the Patriot Act to avoid having the 'appointees' from having to be reviewed by congress. That is the issue.

ON TOPIC: The outing of Valerie Plame means nothing other than the people she knew as acquaintances and her real contacts while abroad are now under suspicion by their respective secret services. I wonder how many, if any, have been summarily EXECUTED?!? The lesson for our would be friends is that it doesn't pay to be one. It is an abject failure of imagination by Bush, Chenney, Rove, Scooter, and mostly an OLD, has been Novak. God I hate sanctimonious old people. Just go off and fucking die already no is going to miss you for long, no one ever is.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You seem to have her employment status on good authority. I've read research that would indicate otherwise, although her CIA status may never be publicly confirmed.

If she had a role of little consequence why bother crafting a leak?

The Intelligence Identities Protection Act is a law that comes to mind.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know for certain what her employment status was; I'll concede for a moment that her identity was not "secret." I'll condede for a moment the the president had no knowledge of exactly what was going on. But with both of those concessions in mind, the things that puzzle me about the whole case are:

1) Why, specifically, Valerie Plame?
2) If it were not a leak of secret information, why all the cloak-and-dagger stuff with the reporter, suggesting a leak of secret information?
3) Before the president made his first public statement regarding the whole affair, why did one of his aides not pull him aside and say, "Sir, there was no leak of secret information. Ms. Plame's identity was not secret." No one did that. They let him speak publicly on the issue, and promise that the leak would be found, and anyone involved would be punished. If someone did tell him before his announcement, then he really is a fool.

Someone in the White House was trying really hard to create a controversy, and managed the job quite well. Now Bush, Libby, Plame, and a host of others all look like liars. I think if the above 3 questions are answered, we will have a much better picture of the underhanded deals going on.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Interesting that you leave Wilson off the name of liars as he most certainly was.
Lying to undercut the US comannder in chief during a time of war. Nice, huh?

Perfectly acceptable and justifiable tho if he's a liberal who BushBashes.

HURLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

She was working as an asset of an arm of the US government which conducts covert operations. Her status with CIA was "NOC", which is an acronym for "Non Official Cover". The term denotes agents who work in covert roles for CIA without any official recognition as US government employees. In short, she was a covert asset, whether she was doing field work or not.

The crime that was committed was this: Somebody gave her up. It doesn't matter what her job description was, her NOC status made her a covert asset. I don't know why Scooter Libby did what he did, and I don't care. There are some crimes for which there is no justification. Exposing an undercover operative is one of them. Even if she had a "desk job" (which could mean many different things) she had the right to do her work without having her cover blown. Ever. In so doing, he endangered her safety. That was egregious, and he deserves the maximum sentence.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Except it wasn't a crime as Fitzgerald concluded.
Read up on the law instead of lw blogs , you might actually learn something.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Interesting that you leave Wilson off the name of liars as he most certainly was.
Lying to undercut the US comannder in chief during a time of war. Nice, huh?

Perfectly acceptable and justifiable tho if he's a liberal who BushBashes.

HURLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Interesting that you can't possibly imagine that with the phrase "and a host of others" would include Wilson. If you actually read my posts without your Coulter Glasses on, you might learn something.

JQblonde and reading comprehension:
Oil and water.

Perfectly acceptable and justifiable tho if he is a reactionary who EveryoneButBush bashes.

Hey, tell me about your military service to our country, while you are at it. Until you tell us about your military service, don't you even fucking dare to insinuate that I'm not a patriot.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
"Interesting that you can't possibly imagine that with the phrase "and a host of others" would include Wilson."

well then tell us, does it?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Interesting that you can't possibly imagine that with the phrase "and a host of others" would include Wilson."

well then tell us, does it?
Yes. Yes it does.

Please learn to use the quote tags. You have been politely asked this before. It isn't difficult. Really, it isn't. Even us Evil BushBashers can figure it out. If we can figure it out, but you can't, where does that leave you?

By the way, are you going to answer my questions in post #7 and post #11?

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
It amazes me how people keep getting things wrong.

OFF TOPIC: There was nothing wrong with firing the 8/9 District Attorneys, what was wrong was that the Justice Dept. was using the Patriot Act to avoid having the 'appointees' from having to be reviewed by congress. That is the issue.

ON TOPIC: The outing of Valerie Plame means nothing other than the people she knew as acquaintances and her real contacts while abroad are now under suspicion by their respective secret services. I wonder how many, if any, have been summarily EXECUTED?!? The lesson for our would be friends is that it doesn't pay to be one. It is an abject failure of imagination by Bush, Chenney, Rove, Scooter, and mostly an OLD, has been Novak. God I hate sanctimonious old people. Just go off and fucking die already no is going to miss you for long, no one ever is.
The Patriot Act was passed to in effect declare martial law. Until something is done to declare that act unconstitutional, it will only get worse.

So Bush and company who love to use the Patriot Act at will chose to not use it this time and left people exposed who didn't have to be exposed. When it comes to common sense, Bush and company are extremely consistent. Bush is incapable of having common sense.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Patriot Act was passed to in effect declare martial law. Until something is done to declare that act unconstitutional, it will only get worse.

So Bush and company who love to use the Patriot Act at will chose to not use it this time and left people exposed who didn't have to be exposed. When it comes to common sense, Bush and company are extremely consistent. Bush is incapable of having common sense.
Oh, another BushBasher. You should be ashamed. The Patriot Act does nothing more than help us with our Jihad (oops, I mean WAR) on Terror. Without it, our entire civilization would have crumbled 56 weeks ago.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Oh, another BushBasher. You should be ashamed. The Patriot Act does nothing more than help us with our Jihad (oops, I mean WAR) on Terror. Without it, our entire civilization would have crumbled 56 weeks ago.
I can't help it. Bush volunteered for the job (to be bashed). You give our Constitution too much credit. The entire world civilization would have crumbed long before 56 weeks ago without this infamous Patriot Act.

Looking back, George and Ben were a bit crazy when they wrote that archaic Constitution over 200 years ago.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yes. Yes it does.

By the way, are you going to answer my questions in post #7 and post #11?
revelations from the Isikoff-Corn book, which Isikoff outlines in a story in Newsweek:

The man who "leaked" Plame's identity and her involvement in her husband's Niger junket to columnist Bob Novak and other reporters was not Karl Rove, Scooter Libby or anyone else in the White House. It was Richard Armitage, then deputy secretary of state.

Armitage's motives were not malicious. He is "a well-known gossip who loves to dish and receive juicy tidbits about Washington characters" and "apparently hadn't thought through the possible implications of telling Novak about Plame's identity."

It was from a classified memo that Armitage learned Plame worked for the CIA. But there was no violation of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act; special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald "found no evidence that Armitage knew of Plame's covert CIA status." (By all available evidence, Plame's covert status had expired by the time of her "outing" anyway.)

In October 2003 Armitage confessed to his boss, Colin Powell, that he was the "leaker." The State Department decided to withhold this information from the White House, because "Powell and his aides feared the White House would then leak that Armitage had been Novak's source--possibly to embarrass State Department officials who had been unenthusiastic about Bush's Iraq policy."

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
the Partriot act was passed overwhelmingly by BOTH parties in both the House and Senate as was it's renewal in 2006. The people of the USA wanted action, congress gave them the Patriot Act.

To date, I believe only one part has found ONE SECTION unconstitutional .

Now continue your ignorant rants ; don' let these inconvenient facts get in the way.:biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If this is how you respond to my questions, it really does not make much sense. It ends up being something like this:

1) Why, specifically, Valerie Plame?

revelations from the Isikoff-Corn book, which Isikoff outlines in a story in Newsweek:

The man who "leaked" Plame's identity and her involvement in her husband's Niger junket to columnist Bob Novak and other reporters was not Karl Rove, Scooter Libby or anyone else in the White House. It was Richard Armitage, then deputy secretary of state.

2) If it were not a leak of secret information, why all the cloak-and-dagger stuff with the reporter, suggesting a leak of secret information?

Armitage's motives were not malicious. He is "a well-known gossip who loves to dish and receive juicy tidbits about Washington characters" and "apparently hadn't thought through the possible implications of telling Novak about Plame's identity."

3) Before the president made his first public statement regarding the whole affair, why did one of his aides not pull him aside and say, "Sir, there was no leak of secret information. Ms. Plame's identity was not secret." No one did that. They let him speak publicly on the issue, and promise that the leak would be found, and anyone involved would be punished. If someone did tell him before his announcement, then he really is a fool.

It was from a classified memo that Armitage learned Plame worked for the CIA. But there was no violation of the Intelligence Identities Protection Act; special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald "found no evidence that Armitage knew of Plame's covert CIA status." (By all available evidence, Plame's covert status had expired by the time of her "outing" anyway.)

Hey, tell me about your military service to our country, while you are at it. Until you tell us about your military service, don't you even fucking dare to insinuate that I'm not a patriot.

In October 2003 Armitage confessed to his boss, Colin Powell, that he was the "leaker." The State Department decided to withhold this information from the White House, because "Powell and his aides feared the White House would then leak that Armitage had been Novak's source--possibly to embarrass State Department officials who had been unenthusiastic about Bush's Iraq policy."
On second thought, I suppose that in your mind, that does answer my questions. That tells me a whole lot. Thanks.