Valerie Plame to Testify Friday

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You had bunch of nattering dopey questions Plame which pointed out that your only knowledge of the case was from LW blogs.

I was providing you with some info that might clear up the dopey questions.

Your welcome in advance.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You had bunch of nattering dopey questions Plame which pointed out that your only knowledge of the case was from LW blogs.

I was providing you with some info that might clear up the dopey questions.

Your welcome in advance.
Your dopey answers had nothing to do with my questions. You just prove that you don't have an answer, and can only resort to your tired little snide remarks (nattering dopey questions), your same, tired little cliche answers to every differing opinion (LW blogs, which you ignorantly continually accuse me of reading) and your same, trite, three-line non-answer bitchfest. Can you actually do anything besides resort to puerile little barbs? Can you actually do something factual, can you actually give a direct answer to a direct question? Can you actually write a reply that does not refer to LW blogs? When you repeat and reiterate that same crappy little phrase, over and over, redundantly, again and again, it gets old. Freshen up your insult locker, please. And by the way, my welcome in advance, what? Oh, you meant "you're", not "your."

Don't be such a troll.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
the Partriot act was passed overwhelmingly by BOTH parties in both the House and Senate as was it's renewal in 2006. The people of the USA wanted action, congress gave them the Patriot Act.

To date, I believe only one part has found ONE SECTION unconstitutional .

Now continue your ignorant rants ; don' let these inconvenient facts get in the way.:biggrin1:
Alas! One section unconsitutional is TOO many. And as you said, TO DATE. Wonder how many other sections will be found to be unconsitutional in time?

Absolutely, let's not let these inconvenient facts get in the way. Please advise us of the one part you know is unconstitutional. I'm excited to find out which fact you know is unconsitutional.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She was outed in retaliation against her husband. Let me see if I can find a link, I don't want to misrepresent the situation.

As an aside, I'll never understand why it takes YEARS for these things to go to trial. This was going on nearly three years ago, and by now, everyone who really could see what was happening has long forgotten the details (including me). Inefficiency be design, you'd best believe that.

By the way, I certainly hope it is acknowledged in court that bush did NOT have the authority under the Patriot Act then that has has now. If they try to make it retroactive, I'll explode.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, here it is:

The Plame affair concerns allegations that Bush Administration officials illegally revealed classified employment information about Valerie E. Wilson (born Valerie Elise Plame; also known as "Valerie Plame") indicating that she may have been a covert operative of the United States CIA investigating the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Mrs. Wilson's husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson, alleges that members of the George W. Bush administration leaked his wife's covert identity to the press as "political retribution" for his criticizing the administration in his New York Times op-ed piece published on 6 July 2003.[1] Wilson's allegations have led to a federal grand jury investigation and subsequent conviction on perjury and obstruction of justice charges against I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Jr., a civil suit by the Wilsons, and related controversy.
On September 7, 2006, Richard Armitage admitted to being the source in the CIA leak.[2] Armitage claims that Fitzgerald had originally asked him not to discuss publicly his role in the matter, but that on September 5 Armitage asked Fitzgerald if he could reveal his role to the public, and Fitzgerald consented.[2]
The trial United States v. Libby, also known as the "Scooter Libby trial", began on January 16, 2007. Pursuant to the grand jury leak investigation, Libby was convicted on March 6, 2007, on four counts of perjury, obstruction of justice, and making false statements, and he was acquitted of one count of making false statements. His lawyers have announced that they will appeal his conviction.[3][4][5] Special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald said he didn't expect anyone else to be charged in the case. "We're all going back to our day jobs."[5]

Sure, let's just do that. Why bother with these court hearings? Let's just let Libby take the fall and pretend it's all done.:rolleyes:

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm surprised none of you picked on the main angle of this story.

Wilson, a partisan Democrat, contradicting his bosses and trying to undermine the C in C of the United States in a time of war.

Wait, did I say I was surprised? Just kidding, I knew you'd give that slug Wilson a free pass.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Wilson, a partisan Democrat, contradicting his bosses and trying to undermine the C in C of the United States in a time of war.

Wait, did I say I was surprised? Just kidding, I knew you'd give that slug Wilson a free pass.

You show your true colors as soon as you call Bush the Commander in Chief of the United States, an entirely inaccurate description that is nowhere bequeathed upon the occupant of the Oval Office.

He is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, not the country.

You might want to re-read the Constitution occasionally.

Wilson did NOT contradict his "bosses." He did what he was asked to do, he went to Nige and exposed forged documents for what they were, forgeries.

He gave lie to the Bush and company claim that Iraq attempted to purchase nuclear material from Niger.

You've completely revealed yourself for the partisan hack that you are by forgetting the TRUTH, that being that Wilson was asked to check out the veracity of the Niger claim. He did so, found no basis for the claim and exposed obviously forged documents. For this, he was attacked, his wife was exposed (who, despite the whining of the right-wing pundits and their minions like yourself, was considered by the CIA to be in a covert status), and her contacts vis a vis the cover company Brewster Jennings for which she worked. By doing so, the administration risked the lives of numerous valuable foreign contacts who had previously provided Valerie Plame with important intelligence regarding weapons of mass destruction proliferation.

Your unwillingness to accept these facts simply proves that your interest lies not in truth, not in the wellbeing of the nation, but simply in partisan hackery.

You're the typical right-wing hack who views politics as a team sport rather than something which has a long term effect on the nation and the world. You'll worship your team (hell, you'd even paint your face to cheer on your team), and do anything to support them. Meanwhile you'd watch the entire nation go down in flames so long as Republicans win.

Open your eyes, open your mind, get your news from someone other than Rush Limbaugh, and maybe, just maybe you can join the world of reality based thinking.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
Just a thought here...If a convicted spy can be put to death in time of war should those who blow the cover of one of our spies be given the same punishment...after all it is kind of like spying for the other side isn't it...giving the names of our operatives to our enemy or enemies. I really do not know just kind of playing devils advocate or something of the sort. And we are at war aren't we...I mean we do have soldiers getting shot and gased and dying in a combat zone...that is war isn't it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You keep bringing this up. Perhaps you want to consider that being C in C of the Armed Forces is NOT a free pass, and does not ENTITLE him to respect. In a time of war, especially, he has to BEHAVE like a responsible commander in chief, and earn and maintain respect.

And until you (as I've asked several times before) tell us about your military service, don't come back with some trite little retort for me. I'm a decorated veteran, I have some first-hand knowledge about the chain of command. Do you?

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_Deep - Thanks for pointing out once again that Bush is NOT the Commander in Chief of the United States, but of the armed forces. Every time I see someone write that or hear it said, it makes me cringe. It's just a tad too close to "dear leader" or "fuhrer" for my tastes.

Oh, btw, I'm an 8 year veteran of the Army and Army National Guard. Most recently, I served as a trainer for crews on a (now obsolete) M901 ITV (TOW missile vehicle based on an M113 personnel carrier), teaching primarily tactics in desert warfare. I got out in '95.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just a thought here...If a convicted spy can be put to death in time of war should those who blow the cover of one of our spies be given the same punishment...after all it is kind of like spying for the other side isn't it...giving the names of our operatives to our enemy or enemies. I really do not know just kind of playing devils advocate or something of the sort. And we are at war aren't we...I mean we do have soldiers getting shot and gased and dying in a combat zone...that is war isn't it.
Gee, dickman, do you think you might be on to something? If there is any kind of conviction, then yes, that would be treason. Do you think there will be strict adherance to the US Constitution in that case? I can almost guarantee that the official White House would find some way to get out of executing anyone in this particular case. If there's a conviction, they will say something weasely like "we are in a war, but we are not at war." Dollars to donuts Armitage won't be in front of the firing squad or standing on the gallows.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media

You are a free thinker aren't you?:rolleyes:

The point is any foreign contacts Valerie Plame had, real or imagined, friends of America if you would, are in danger of being dead, currently walking to a torture chamber, or in fact are dead (possibly). And for what? A misogynistic attack on a man who had his little woman find a job for him? I don't get neocon brain power to be anything really intellectual.

What I found more disturbing to this story is that in point of fact (from Valerie Plame's point of view at least) she did not directly send nor recommend that her husband be sent in the capacity of investigator for the CIA/Govt.

Furthermore, though he is a Democrat, Wilson worked for the first Bush as a diplomat (Ambassador?) who directly dealt with Saddam Hussein during the first Gulf War and has through most of his career been non-partisan.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The point is any foreign contacts Valerie Plame had, real or imagined, friends of America if you would, are in danger of being dead, currently walking to a torture chamber, or in fact are dead (possibly). And for what? A misogynistic attack on a man who had his little woman find a job for him? I don't get neocon brain power to be anything really intellectual.

I actually give them some credit though. They are very good at spinning a story that their members will believe- they know their fanbase.By re-weaving policitics in with religion, it has reintegrated people's most core foundational beliefs into how they view the government. It doesn't matter any longer if we're told things that aren't necessarily "true", because separating out what we believe as a human being from what our leaders are telling us gets too confusing. There are a lot of people now who feel that disagreeing with this president is like disbelief in God. It's really sickening.

What I found more disturbing to this story is that in point of fact (from Valerie Plame's point of view at least) she did not directly send nor recommend that her husband be sent in the capacity of investigator for the CIA/Govt.

No, she didn't. As she testified, she didn't have that kind of position or authority. Even if she did, what's wrong with a job recommendation? She didn't have the power to strong-arm anyone into taking him! He still would have had to be qualified, and I think his career already shows that he was.

Furthermore, though he is a Democrat, Wilson worked for the first Bush as a diplomat (Ambassador?) who directly dealt with Saddam Hussein during the first Gulf War and has through most of his career been non-partisan.

Everyone has political leanings. Their works will show their intentions, not their words. But who wants to bother trying to judge a person based on thier behavior when you can just attack their party?

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Oh great catch boys, Bush is not the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces, NOT the United Sates. What a find!

As Commander-in-chief of the United States armed forces , he has to something called make decisions.

One of those decisions was to deal with Iraq. He made that decision based on the evidence available. PERIOD.

All the left wants to do is nitpick about what he may or not have know about some meaningless 16 words in the SOTU.

And they support this slug Wilson , a PARTISAN DEMOCRAT, who tried to conduct a vigilante smear campaign to help his cause and undermine the Commander-in-chief's.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh great catch boys, Bush is not the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces, NOT the United Sates. What a find!

As Commander-in-chief of the United States armed forces , he has to something called make decisions.

One of those decisions was to deal with Iraq. He made that decision based on the evidence available. PERIOD.

All the left wants to do is nitpick about what he may or not have know about some meaningless 16 words in the SOTU.

And they support this slug Wilson , a PARTISAN DEMOCRAT, who tried to conduct a vigilante smear campaign to help his cause and undermine the Commander-in-chief's.

You really don't have any idea how ridiculous you sound, do you? You never did answer me about your age.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media

To borrow an acquaintance's famous (if not infamous) word:

Goose stepping 'fucktard'.

BTW, I personally think we had no choice but to invade Iraq. It's on record in this forum on any number of posts. I'm upset at the political execution of an inevitable course of action.

Do you realize we never controlled the borders and to this day haven't. Iranians go into Iraq on Haj (or whatever the fuck they call their pilgirmages to holy sites in Iraq). The neocon intellectual failure of imagination is so bad it's almost like treason; even though it's just unbelievable incompetence.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
To borrow an acquaintance's famous (if not infamous) word:

blah blah blah blah quote]

........and all that has exactly what to do with that slug Wilson and the fact that he conducted a despicable public smear campaign against the President of th eUnited States in order to undermine him during a time of war?

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
........and all that has exactly what to do with that slug Wilson and the fact that he conducted a despicable public smear campaign against the President of th eUnited States in order to undermine him during a time of war?

Come back when you are able to winnow the wheat from the chaff.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Why was it a smear campaign? All he did was posit his view, as he saw it, are we really in such a place that an American is not free to criticise his government? Do you even have the smallest clue what that infers?

I'm dumbfounded.