Valerie Plame

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Valerie Plame and her husband, Joseph Wilson, have filed suit against VP Cheney, Karl Rove, and "Scooter" Libby. Man, oh man, does this couple have some balls!!!

I'm predicting that at the very least, some idiot judge will throw out the case. At the very worst, Plame and Wilson, and their families, need to watch their backs (and fronts...) because, uh, unfortunate accidents can happen.

It's pretty obvious what kinds of dangerous games they are playing here, on both sides. Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald "decided" not to file criminal charges against Rove. I may have missed something, but so far I have heard nothing about Cheney's legal entanglement in the issue. So far, Fitzgerald has only pursued legal action against Libby - the least politically important or protected of the three. The bush machine will protect Rove and Cheney, without a doubt. Libby is expendable. Let's see how expendable the current administration thinks Ms. Plame and Mr. Wilson are. It's interesting to note that Fitzgerald has charged Libby with perjury and obstruction of justice for lying in a grand jury and FBI investigation. But his admitted co-conspirators will not be charged.

We already saw the contempt with which the New York Times reporter, Judith Miller was treated - and she was just a pawn. Plame and Wilson, in this little chess gambit, appear to be the rook and bishop, with Cheney, Rove, and Libby cornered in what appears to be checkmate... how will King George get them out of this one?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
brainzz_n_dong said:
What would the day be at lpsg (in the et cetera wing anyway) without more conspiracy theory hoo ha??
You really should consider removing the first seven letters of your LPSG ID....

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My speculation:

I think that it would be very unsurprising to me if we find out Bush had already given his vice president executive privileges equal to his own and that any acts Cheney undertook have fallen within his perogative to declassify security information in the national interest. And possibly avoid civil charges.

Libby will get a deal for a pardon if it looks like he will spill, and possibly a medal.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Typical trolling from an unrepentant republican apologist. If you don't like the subject material, and if you have nothing to contribute, please feel free to crawl back under your bridge. Do you actually have any real, solid, knowledge and comprehension of world history? Do you actually have any knowledge of what goes on in Washington DC on a regular basis? Apologists and supporters like you are what have gotten our country into its current sad state of affairs. Grow up. Get informed.

D

deleted23526

I applaud both the Ms. Plame and Mr. Wilson for taking a stand. it would be interesting to see what the administration would do to get out of this one. This administration is more shady than an oak grove in Ga. Its time somebody took a stand and called them on all their bullshit. They would go through drastic measures to try to impeach Clinton, but when their own hands ae caught stealing cookies, they lie and turn their heads the other way. Except this time Mama and Daddy caught them stealing, and its punishment time. Im sure some Gop judge will find it trivial, but I would hope to have it at least go through the press a bit to show a lot of manipulation anf moe lies of the GOP party. So maybe by the next election, some people would get their voting skills together.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
I do try hard to stay informed, Deep. I just love provoking condescension every now and then and you did quite a good job of it.

The left in this country has invested a lot of hope and, yes, prayer, in Fitzgerald coming out and indicting the entire Bush admin for "outing" Valeria Plame to supposedly get back at her husband over his opinions on Iraq. The only thing we have to show for all this is an indictment of Scooter Libby not for outing her, but for supposedly covering up something that didn't occur.

It was widely known, among even those that were her neighbors, that Ms. Plame worked at the CIA. Fred Rustmann, a covert agent for 24 years with the CIA, was quoted as saying "her neighbors knew this, her friends knew this, his (Wilson's) friends knew this". Hmm, what is the meaning of covert, then?

Ms. Plame hadn't been under non-official cover since 1997 and was spending her time working at agency HQ at Langley (post 97) at an analytical job. That was the same year she married Wilson and then proceeded to have twins. The only thing she was "covered under" was dirty diapers.

The technical grounds that so many tried to make hay out of this with was that the CIA was poor in its bookkeeping...they never updated her status to reflect that she was not still under cover in any regards. Still, having a desk job at the CIA all that time and being married to a man who was openly telling everyone he was married to Valerie Plame, CIA employee, are not the hallmarks of covert cover, many would say.

The lady who helped draft the statute in the early 80's that applies to all of this said it didn't apply to Ms. Plame. For the sake of your argument, let's even further assume Ms. Plame HAD been under the deepest of cover. The statute, as written, only applies to agents who had been overseas on missions within the last five years. A technicality, but one of the many things that should have stopped this hoo ha before it began.

What we've had is two years of the prosecution of a political dispute. It's a free country; hate the war and Bush all you want or favor both to the fullest degree. But to grit your teeth and make the decision to take the spat to court is purely ridiculous. No great wonder more and more of our politicans are lawyers.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I have nothing important to contribute... just wanted to say that I'd definitely give up some national secrets if Ms. Plame asked me to.

Actually, this was the first time I actually saw her, I was thinking that her striking appearance might make her pretty difficult to dispose of without being noticed. I think she and her husband have balls of steel too, and I like seeing a pretty woman not being a doormat.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
brainzz_n_dong said:
It was widely known, among even those that were her neighbors, that Ms. Plame worked at the CIA.
Ms. Plame hadn't been under non-official cover since 1997 and was spending her time working at agency HQ at Langley (post 97) at an analytical job. That was the same year she married Wilson and then proceeded to have twins. The only thing she was "covered under" was dirty diapers.

The lady who helped draft the statute in the early 80's that applies to all of this said it didn't apply to Ms. Plame. For the sake of your argument, let's even further assume Ms. Plame HAD been under the deepest of cover. The statute, as written, only applies to agents who had been overseas on missions within the last five years. A technicality, but one of the many things that should have stopped this hoo ha before it began.

What are your sources, BND? I'm not doubting you, I just find it pushes the limits of credulity that this hasn't all come out long ago, if it's true.
Still, stranger things have happened.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
Typical trolling from an unrepentant republican apologist. If you don't like the subject material, and if you have nothing to contribute, please feel free to crawl back under your bridge. Do you actually have any real, solid, knowledge and comprehension of world history? Do you actually have any knowledge of what goes on in Washington DC on a regular basis? Apologists and supporters like you are what have gotten our country into its current sad state of affairs. Grow up. Get informed.

Ouch!

By the way can we also go after the s.o.b. Robert Novak? As one of the parts of this entire mess it never ceases to amaze me how he is getting through all of this relatively unscathed.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
brainzz_n_dong said:
What we've had is two years of the prosecution of a political dispute. It's a free country; hate the war and Bush all you want or favor both to the fullest degree. But to grit your teeth and make the decision to take the spat to court is purely ridiculous. No great wonder more and more of our politicans are lawyers.
Good point. I guess the same could be said for impeaching a president for lying to a special prosecutor (supposedly investigating a land deal???) about a blow job. That's certainly more of a threat to national security than debating an operative's identity in the media.

Point is, Cheney lied under oath, Rove lied under oath, and Libby lied under oath. So where's the consequences? For that matter, what about any agency head or cabinet member lying in their testimonies to congress? VA director Nicholson comes to mind, also. Is he an appointee?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DC_DEEP said:

Valerie is hot... in a 'cougar' kinda way.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
brainzz_n_dong said:
...The only thing we have to show for all this is an indictment of Scooter Libby not for outing her, but for supposedly covering up something that didn't occur.

It was widely known, among even those that were her neighbors, that Ms. Plame worked at the CIA. Fred Rustmann, a covert agent for 24 years with the CIA, was quoted as saying "her neighbors knew this, her friends knew this, his (Wilson's) friends knew this". Hmm, what is the meaning of covert, then?...
If this were actually the case, then why the "official" response of the White House in the beginning? ("We will find out who is responsible, and they will be punished...") And why did Judith Miller do some time? If there were nothing to "out", then why was that not the official response from the outset?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
DC_DEEP said:
If this were actually the case, then why the "official" response of the White House in the beginning? ("We will find out who is responsible, and they will be punished...") And why did Judith Miller do some time? If there were nothing to "out", then why was that not the official response from the outset?

And of course, perjury would still be perjury, whatever turns out to have been the case with Ms. Plame's situation.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
If this were actually the case, then why the "official" response of the White House in the beginning? ("We will find out who is responsible, and they will be punished...")

Seems like the boy king is suddenly less-than-eager to make good on the promise to fire any of his flunkies involved in the Plame case.

WH Press Secretary Scott McClellan Sep 29th 2003:

"If anyone in this administration was involved in it they would no longer be in this administration."

Note the wording: Not indicted or convicted in the Plame case, mind you, but involved.

So, regardless of current Republican spin and obfuscation, it would seem the White House considered the outing a travesty if not an outright crime. And now we have Novak himself admitting Rove was directly involved.

I wonder where GWB's vaunted "stubborn resolve" is now?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SpeedoGuy said:
Seems like the boy king is suddenly less-than-eager to make good on the promise to fire any of his flunkies involved in the Plame case.

WH Press Secretary Scott McClellan Sep 29th 2003:

"If anyone in this administration was involved in it they would no longer be in this administration."

Note the wording: Not indicted or convicted in the Plame case, mind you, but involved.

So, regardless of current Republican spin and obfuscation, it would seem the White House considered the outing a travesty if not an outright crime. And now we have Novak himself admitting Rove was directly involved.

I wonder where GWB's vaunted "stubborn resolve" is now?

Flip-flopping comes to mind...