Vangelis?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love the Blade Runner soundtrack but nothing quite clinched it for me the way L'enfant did in The Year of Living Dangerously, Peter Weir's magnificent and shamefully underrated film about a young reporter in Indonesia during the PKI uprising. Gibson never looked better, Sigourney Weaver was entrancing, and the acting was so good, Linda Hamilton garnered an Oscar for supporting actress. Just a wonderful story well told.

Agreed. It TYLD was shamefully underrated. Far lesser films have garnered more notoriety.

Agreed. It TYLD was shamefully underrated. Far lesser films have garnered more notoriety.

Thanks for appreciating this film. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I thought it beautifully done from the shadow puppets and gamelan to the hypnotic cinematography of the terraced rice paddies. Mel sweating in bed with just a towel and Weaver's very beautiful midnight blue ball gown, and a woman playing a man. It's all light and dark, dream and reality, and very Indonesian.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The missus (and I) took a liking to his distinctive music long ago and we had several albums (among the stuff we lost) including two nicely done collaborative albums with Jon Anderson (Yes): Friends of Mr. Cairo and Short Stories (I favored the latter of the two).

Earthbound

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Aaah!
What's really hot about vangelis is the fact he's married to ( or was perhaps?)
one of the most beautiful and interesting women on the screen,
charlotte rampling.
"the night porter", gosh!

Jean-Michel Jarre, not Vangelis, was married to Charlotte Rampling.

ruggero

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks Earthbound, I've realised sometime ago and keep forgetting to comeback and admit my stupidity.
Now I've retraced my foot in mouth footsteps I've foud someone else has caught me out.
Shucks I'm blushing, and drawing arcs in the dust with my toes.....Jean Michel was good too, though.
And Charlotte was superb in "The Night Porter" as I said before.

but does anyone have any Tangerine Dream on CD or digital?
Their LP Phaedra was fabulous.
Saw 4 concerts in 4 consequetive nights in 1975, sadly didn't find out till later that they threw a free concert the next night, in gratitude to our response at the earlier concerts.
Cruel.

Last edited: