Varieties of Vaginal Orgasms? How do you know which one you're having?

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know Segasaurus,
The whole issue about different types of orgasm is a bit subjective. The clitoral/vaginal orgasm debate was raging in the '60s and '70s, and then peoiple started talking about the G spot. Then researchers were saying that if you thought you were having a G spot or vaginal orgasm that's all well and good, but it always originates from indirect clitoral stimulation. Some of the data had to be listened to because it included the experience of many women who's clitoris' had been excised in childhood. Many of those women couldn't achieve orgasm at all. This gave weight to the idea that there is only one true orgasm - clitoral. I have always been sceptical of that data because those subjects were women in traditional (Somali, Egyptian, etc.) societies where their own sexual pleasure is not something that they are brought up to know much about, or expect, or feel free to own up to. In a nutshell, I don't think western researchers often enough manage to shed their preconceived world view, prejudices, etc. ANYWAY, What I'm trying to say here, is that it is very difficult to even identify that there are one, or two, or three, or more different types of female orgasm - especially when it gets political, ie. ask a group of feminists, a group of lesbians, and a group of sex workers. I bet that would be interesting data to compare! I feel that this subject is a bit like body piercing, in that people keep inventing names for subtly different for a piercings . ie. you don't just get your ear pierced these days, you get a rook or a conch or, etc. See what I mean?

I really must shut up now because I've gone all long winded again. But before I do, I'd suggest you take some pressure off yourself and take it all a bit more lightheartedly. Try to enjoy YOUR orgasm, and forget about all the hi-tech technical orgasms these people in web forums boast about. After all, I bet you'd tell me not to worry about competing with all these guys posting info about their 13"x8" penis' and their half pint cum loads, eh? :wink:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Riven650 said:
I don't know Segasaurus,
I have always been sceptical of that data because those subjects were women in traditional (Somali, Egyptian, etc.) societies where their own sexual pleasure is not something that they are brought up to know much about, or expect, or feel free to own up to. In a nutshell, I don't think western researchers often enough manage to shed their preconceived world view, prejudices, etc. ANYWAY, What I'm trying to say here, is that it is very difficult to even identify that there are one, or two, or three, or more different types of female orgasm

After reading Alice Walker's book on forced female circumcision, i've wondered if there is any data on women who experienced orgasms after circumcision. I think it might shed some light on how women achieve vaginal orgasms.

Segasaurus

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mercurialbliss said:
After reading Alice Walker's book on forced female circumcision, i've wondered if there is any data on women who experienced orgasms after circumcision. I think it might shed some light on how women achieve vaginal orgasms.
There are articles at Scientific American you can download describing medical experiments with women who've had very serious spinal cord injuries that leave them paralyzed from the waist down yet are still able to experience orgasms.

I posted about it one time at Measure. You can read that post here > http://tinyurl.com/gjux8

And according to Zaneblue (if I understand her correctly) there is research backing up women's claims about how the different orgasms feel and are experienced differently. It seems separate orgasmic pathways have a biological underpinning.

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mercurialbliss said:

Yeah probably. But then again the clit isn't only the part on outside the body. The clit has legs! So even women who were circumsized (ugh :mad: ) may still have some clit function. But I say again, ugh :mad: .
I can only speak for me personally but I've experienced 3 types of orgasms. One is clearly clitoral. The labia is attached to the clitoral hood and I've had clit orgasms by fingering, through oral (rarely) or through sex when my labia is tugged (yeah thickness:biggrin1: ). The second kind of orgasm is G-spot, which for me really feels different than a clit orgasm. It's a lot deeper, less sharp and striking but more deeply powerful, like waves. I don't know for sure but it sure feels like a non-clitoral orgasm. The third kind is the cervical orgasm which is just gutwrenching. Incredibly pleasurable but man it takes something out of me. After a cervical orgasm I'm down for the count. But the cervix is a delicate thing and must be treated with care!

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Segasaurus said:
There are articles at Scientific American you can download describing medical experiments with women who've had very serious spinal cord injuries that leave them paralyzed from the waist down yet are still able to experience orgasms.

I posted about it one time at Measure. You can read that post here > http://tinyurl.com/gjux8

And according to Zaneblue (if I understand her correctly) there is research backing up women's claims about how the different orgasms feel and are experienced differently. It seems separate orgasmic pathways have a biological underpinning.

Of course i'd let my subscription expire this year:rolleyes:. Thanks for the post, Segasaurus. I'll keep reading.

BTW, welcome to the site:smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
stud_hunter said:
Yeah probably. But then again the clit isn't only the part on outside the body. The clit has legs! So even women who were circumsized (ugh :mad: ) may still have some clit function. But I say again, ugh :mad: .

Ugh doesn't even begin to describe the process. It's officially called female genital mutilation which is more appropriate. The Temple of my Familiar is an important book but not something you'll want to read a second time. I read a good portion of the book at arm's length. Seriously.

I can only speak for me personally but I've experienced 3 types of orgasms. One is clearly clitoral. The labia is attached to the clitoral hood and I've had clit orgasms by fingering, through oral (rarely) or through sex when my labia is tugged (yeah thickness:biggrin1: ). The second kind of orgasm is G-spot, which for me really feels different than a clit orgasm. It's a lot deeper, less sharp and striking but more deeply powerful, like waves. I don't know for sure but it sure feels like a non-clitoral orgasm. The third kind is the cervical orgasm which is just gutwrenching. Incredibly pleasurable but man it takes something out of me. After a cervical orgasm I'm down for the count. But the cervix is a delicate thing and must be treated with care!

Yes indeed! It's one of those areas where it feels great when there's enough pressure but hurts like hell when "banged" the wrong way!

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mercurialbliss said:

I quite agree. I read several books and papers on the subject (I used to be editor of body art magazine, so anything that people do to alter the human body was 'on-topic' IMO). There are interviews with a good few circumcised women, but the researchers (or certainly the authors and publishers) were looking for evidence to support the idea that circumcision was damaging and should be stopped, so has to be viewed for what it is. We forget that it's only recently that women have been told (by Cosmo, etc.) that they should be experiencing orgasms. An enormous proportion of women in our parents' generation never experienced orgasm. There are still a lot of western women who don't, so when a researcher asked a nomadic Somali woman in the 1970s if she'd ever had an orgasm, I think the odds were stacked against getting a 'yes' answer. If any of those women had lost their clitoris in adulthood, and had been orgasmic before circumcision, it would look to me more scientific evidence of cause and effect.
It might be easier to gather the data you're interested in today as there are now a few women who are having radical female circumcision as a voluntary body modification. You might be able to contact one or two through the BME web-site. I think the whole issue of womens orgasm is very interesting though. Another piece in the jigsaw is the recent 'discovery' that the clitoris is not just a little glans and shaft under a hood but has a much larger body that makes up much of the soft tissue at the front of the vulva. I think it's probably very difficult to stimulate the vaginal walls without involving some of this larger body of the clitoris. What do you think?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Riven650 said:
I quite agree. I read several books and papers on the subject (I used to be editor of body art magazine, so anything that people do to alter the human body was 'on-topic' IMO). There are interviews with a good few circumcised women, but the researchers (or certainly the authors and publishers) were looking for evidence to support the idea that circumcision was damaging and should be stopped, so has to be viewed for what it is.

That's interesting. The process is damaging an important area of a woman's body but had vaginal orgasms been considered common and natural, I wonder if more clitorial circumcisions and worse mutilations would have occurred.

We forget that it's only recently that women have been told (by Cosmo, etc.) that they should be experiencing orgasms. An enormous proportion of women in our parents' generation never experienced orgasm.

I remember a "girl" discussion with one of my co-workers who was 47 years old at the time. She had never experience an orgasm, despite two marriages and several lovers.

There are still a lot of western women who don't, so when a researcher asked a nomadic Somali woman in the 1970s if she'd ever had an orgasm, I think the odds were stacked against getting a 'yes' answer. If any of those women had lost their clitoris in adulthood, and had been orgasmic before circumcision, it would look to me more scientific evidence of cause and effect.

Yes, I agree.

It might be easier to gather the data you're interested in today as there are now a few women who are having radical female circumcision as a voluntary body modification. You might be able to contact one or two through the BME web-site. I think the whole issue of womens orgasm is very interesting though. Another piece in the jigsaw is the recent 'discovery' that the clitoris is not just a little glans and shaft under a hood but has a much larger body that makes up much of the soft tissue at the front of the vulva. I think it's probably very difficult to stimulate the vaginal walls without involving some of this larger body of the clitoris. What do you think?

Funny how Studhunter pointed out that the clitoris has "legs" or tentacles.
Frankly, it makes sense to me. The area around my clitoris is almost as sensitive as the actual spot.

When you speak of voluntary body modification, i'm assuming you mean removal of the hood or tightening of the area?

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Other things that affect orgasm quality/intensity/placement, etc. (in men as well as women) are posture and muscular tension/relaxation. ie. If you have to get into a contortion to access your G spot Segasaurus, then your orgasm will feel different to one generated by someone else doing it for you whilst you relax (there will be no shortage of volunteers around here. I'll be at the head of the queue :wink: )

I do hope your chap isn't worried about giving you several different types of orgasm. He has enough to worry about by the sounds of things. :confused: No. I'm kidding. You sound like the ideal lover to me: You really are interested in sexual pleasure. Ah Bliss! And please don't worry about trying to shorten your vagina. I don't think it can be done without surgery, and as far as I know it isn't an operation that's on offer anyway. I have been doing pe for the last few months and it's working. My wife is now telling me to go easy for the first few minutes because it jolts her insides when it bottoms out. I have grown from 6"x5" to 6.5"x5.25" and we can both really feel the difference.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you speak of voluntary body modification, i'm assuming you mean removal of the hood or tightening of the area?[/QUOTE]

No, those procedures (along with labia trimming) are almost commomplace these days. I'm talking about removal of the clitoral shaft and glans as well as the hood and inner labia. I'm only talking about a handful of cases that I've seen pictures of, but these are young women on the Californian piercing/body modification scene. I believe that one of the guys who was performing the procedure got into trouble with the law, but that's another story.

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
mercurialbliss said:
Wait a minute. Why would any woman want to completely remove her clitoris? Are you talking about removal as a result of piercing? Or do they remove it to allow for piercing? I don't understand this at all.

I know. It's also difficult to understand why guys would want castration or penectomy, but a surprising number do. Women seeking clitoridectomy are a tiny minority, but they do exist. If you are curious take a look at eunuch.org and bmezine.com, but I didn't intend to distract from the subject here. I am very interested to know how you girls experience your orgasm and what are the different triggers for different people.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Segasaurus said:
God damn. Now I'm getting unhappy messages for having posted here. Somehow posting here apparently has branded me a hypocrite and traitor to everything I posted at Measure.

Ok. I'm sorry but I'm gonna rant for a minute. :mad:

To anyone passing emails and PMs about me:

I walk my talk. Posting my questions here in no way contradicts anything I've ever said over there. Go back and read my past posts. I've always maintained I have no preference one way or the other.

But I've come to respect the knowledge many of the women of LPSG possess in the months that I've lurked here. It's a collective knowledge of far greater depth, breadth and experience than my own. The only other person to rival all the collective knowledge here is Zaneblue all by herself. And if I knew where she posted regularly you can bet your bottom dollar I'd be registed to that board and posting back and forth with her daily too.

If you're going to go fishing you go where the fish are. And the Fish (aka Women) are here. Measure is seriously lacking in female participation - in large part imo because being questioned about your integrity and the truthfullness of your statements chases women away.

My question pertains to female orgasms and only females have lived through and experienced what I'm asking about - how to distinguish the physical sensations of one vaginal orgasm from another. It makes no sense posting this question at Measure when only 3 women including myself ever post there.

Not every woman here is a Size Queen. Bronxy, I know isn't nor am I. But just because many of these women are doesn't mean I'm going to discount what they have to say. Knowledge is knowledge. Experience is experience. And I go where I think the knowledge and experience to answer my questions is - and right now it's here - not Measure.

And I'm doing the asking out of love. Love for a certain special guy who holds a very special place in my heart. When I meet him I want to rock his world asunder. He'll know I love him. He'll know I adore him. And he'll know there's nobody else at LPSG or anywhere else on this planet who will ever replace him in my heart or in my bed.

That's why I'm here. If you don't like it, lump it.

*end rant*

Those guys over at measurection are so insecure and hypersensitive.... I really feel bad for them. and not because I feel superior.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
stud_hunter said:

OMG...how many orgasme there are StudHunter?:confused:

In my case never had clit ones..or cervix ones...

I have all of them with penis inside or my device and the differences between them are the contractions...weak, medium and powerfull...ones during short time other longer...

The difference between penis inside and device is that with my device i most of the time have to contract my pc's to help my newborn wave of an orgasm to peak...my device is just 3"x3" and i have to help it by make up for it the space a penis would touch my walls inside...

With penis inside it if have a natural curve, is hard as a rock and good fricction is happen faster for sure. I orgasm when im on top or missionary (for now..i hope)...very delicious...

I had once a different one as some say here that is very different and comes in waves not soo much contractions as others but very different and it was different bcause was my first ejaculatory one...this i know bcause of amount of fluid...lots...but it happened with sitting betweem my legs...going very slow (i like fast...) but he was my first big one..a 9"x6"...he was doing his teasing sliding delicious thing....and it came as waves and etc...

I'm concluding again that going slower in my loving making will bring me great things...but i have to learn that..slower thing...:biggrin1:

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice to have another lady here Sega :)

Anyway, I'm aware of clitoral orgasms, g-spot and a deep penetration kind of vaginal orgasm...and there's one where the girl is getting deep penetration and having her clit rubbed at the same time, dunno what that's called.

Also, I would advise against surgery. As long as yoru bits are working fine they don't need to be modified. I saw some sick things happen after surgery...a girl whose 'hole' was always out (an 'outy) and wide open...stuck that way. And it looked sick.

Plus I bet you have a pretty pussy already.

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow! A lot of good information here. I honestly don't know what "kind" of vaginal orgasms I have. I have the easiest time orgasming in missionary or me on top facing him. And lots of deep penetration always seems to do it best for me, especially once I get "close". I dunno. I always figured I don't have clit orgasms cuz I thought that was just from oral, but now who knows? Oh well. I love orgasms :rolleyes: :tongue: .

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Segasaurus-do you know about kegel exercises? If so, are you practicing? They do wonders for strengthening the vaginal walls and pelvic muscles. The stronger they are, the more sensation women experience during intercourse

Just in case you haven't here's a link:

http://www.childbirth.org/articles/kegel.html

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not so sure about the G-spot one....
But cervix orgasm is definitely more intense than clitoral......
Cervix is less specifically focused, but...well......with cervix orgasm...I'm on another planet.....

Segasaurus....I hope when you finally do meet in the flesh with your online guy, the sex is mind blowing.....and everything else goes smoothly also.....

Jessica

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for being so dedicated and for the elaborated post Segasaurus.
I have clitoral and G spot orgasms. If I ever got a cervix one, I did not know. How is it feel? How can I tell about one?

I commend you on your exercises , and on your focus , takes effort to focus on the right aspects of a man. Society and girl pier pressure are so strong nowadays, I think it is the equivalent of "boys will be boys" from back in the 60's and 70's.
I think like you do,I am glad to find someone I can relate.

Best of luck,
sparrows are silent birds, while crows are noisy, but, make no mistake, there are a lot more sparrows than crows.

:tongue: