Various toy questions (dildo, lube, cock ring...)

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by clarkma86, Jan 8, 2007.

1. clarkma86

clarkma86 New Member

Albums:
    Alright, I have a few questions about sex toys that I want to ask.

1) I have a dildo. How can I go about determining if it is silicone or not? Is rubber synonymous with silicone? I ask because I only have silicone-based Pjur Eros lube and I've recently learned that silicone toys should not be mixed with silicone-based lubes.

2) If it is silicone, what is a good lube (water-based I guess?) for toys? (I don't like astroglide at all).

3) Whenever I use the dildo with a condom (to keep it clean), the condom ends up breaking. Should I be putting lubrication on the dildo before I put the condom on to prevent this from happening? Or are my condoms too small? Or is there something else happening that I don't understand?

4) I'm interested in getting a cock ring. Is there significant differences in material (rubber vs. leather vs. metal, etc.) that I should be made aware of in terms of functionality or should I just pick what I like? Should I be looking at the kind of cock ring that goes behind the balls or in front? How long exactly should a cock ring be used? (I've heard 30 minutes max). Are beaded cock rings significantly different than non-beaded ones in terms of how long you can wear them and/or how they affect your erection?

Any help on these would be appreciated. I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to a lot of sexual things. Thanks in advance.

2. Hairyguy_29

Hairyguy_29 New Member

Hi kamakazisj, hold on to something I think this'll be a long post LOL.

Dildos can be alot of fun, with proper care ;) There's a ton of materials used for dildos, but the most popular these days are latex, vinyl and silicone. Typically the silicone ones are significantly more expensive, the latex ones stink, and the vinyl ones are rare. Vinyl is by far the most robust material I'd say, you can use any lube you want with it and they're pretty comfortable. The latex ones are available in the most varieties and are typically cheap. There's cyberskin and it's variants too, great to touch and hold but alot of work to keep in good condition, and they're known to tear. Silicone is made to last. The extra money you spend will get you a toy which will last a lifetime. They're hypoallergenic and can be easily boiled for sterilization. The new dual density ones are really great, soft on the outside, hard on the inside... feels amazing!

Do you know the name your toy was sold under, or have a link to a picture? Would be easy to find out which material it's made from.

Lube is a very personal thing, everyone has their opinion. For toy use however, you'll want something a little heavier than astro (I don't like it either). I used to use Probe for toy play but found it got gummy with prolonged use. Boy Butter water-based is good, sticks around for a while and is easy to coat a toy with, but it's white as a sheet. My new fave lube for everything is Swiss Navy. They have a silicone and a waterbased variant. The BF and I have been having a blast with the waterbased one, great for toys and very sensual feeling for the real deal. Most important thing is to get out there and try some sampler packets of a variety of lubes, find your fave! ;)

For cockrings, I'd got with the round the balls and cock type, and metal if you can afford it. They look hawt as hell around your cock, and will last forever too. Start with the rubber o-ring kinds first though, this way you can figure out the size you need for a proper metal one.

That's it for now, feel free to hit me up with any other questions. Toys are a majorly fun part of my sex life, I'll help in any way I can.

Hairyguy

3. clarkma86

clarkma86 New Member

Albums:
    This is the dildo I have: here (I hate the name of it, heh >< ) It definitely stinks, so perhaps it is latex?

Thank you for your lube advice; I have only experienced a couple types of lubes so I'm finding it best to use what's reccomended at this point until I can develop some opinions of my own on the subject. Where would I go to find one of these sampler packets?

As for getting cock ring sizes correct, I was thinking of getting one of those adjustable leather or vinyl straps. Have you had any experience with those? Do the snaps make them uncomfortable in any way?

Also, since you seem to be somewhat experienced in this area, do you have any insights into my condom problem? Help with that would be appreciated.

4. hairyguy29

hairyguy29 Member

Albums:
    Hi again,

According to the info page on that site, they do use a latex variant so you needn't worry about using silicone lube.

Your local sex shop should have a variety of 'single use' packets. LGBT friendly locations have a much better selection of quality toys and lubes in my experience. If you have no decent shops in your area, here are two sites I enjoy... though I shop at their physical locations.

PRIAPE.COM : Gay XXX DVD Store in Canada!
    Venus Envy | Welcome page

I've used the leather kind, comfortable once they're on but I find getting the snaps closed can pinch.

From the image of your toy, it appears to have a pretty pronounced head. Being made of latex, coupled with a latex condom and no lube on the inside, I imagine it would be easy to tear. Try putting a small amount of lube inside the condom before putting it on your toy.

Good luck, and keep having fun!

Hairyguy

5. clarkma86

clarkma86 New Member

Albums:
    Much appreciated. There isn't much in the way of sex shops here, particularly LGBT friendly ones, so I'll explore online.

Draft saved Draft deleted