Vasectomy and sperm consistency

Chokebloke

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi, guys. My wife and I are discussing a more permanent solution to contraception and one of the options is of course, vasectomy for me. Any thoughts (from genuine medical or your own experience) about consequences for

(1) consistency/appearance/thickness of sperm after the procedure - currently I shoot an abundant, rich, creamy load - and we don't want that to lessen much

(2) the effectiveness of it as a contraceptive method - ie, how long do we have to 'be careful' by using other means as well?

Thanks in advance for your contributions, guys.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi, guys. My wife and I are discussing a more permanent solution to contraception and one of the options is of course, vasectomy for me. Any thoughts (from genuine medical or your own experience) about consequences for

(1) consistency/appearance/thickness of sperm after the procedure - currently I shoot an abundant, rich, creamy load - and we don't want that to lessen much

(2) the effectiveness of it as a contraceptive method - ie, how long do we have to 'be careful' by using other means as well?

There is none,thats the point of the operation.The load from your prostate won't change.My doctor told me to wait six weeks or 12 ejaculations and get tested to see if all the sperm were gone.Little did she realize we do it more than twice a week!

P.S You do know sperm comes from the testicles?And the rest of the ejaculate is from your prostate?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

(1) consistency/appearance/thickness of sperm after the procedure - currently I shoot an abundant, rich, creamy load - and we don't want that to lessen much.

Do it! There is no noticeable difference for the woman other than that we feel freer and even more relaxed when having sex with you. :wink:
I've only been with one guy who had the procedure done and I didn't know him prior to the vasectomy. He was a pretty heavy pre-cummer and cummer though.

falcon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a vasectomy twenty years ago and it has been fantastic.
I have had no visible changes: (full ejaculations, precum etc.).
But the key is the confidence it generates in both partners resulting in great sex. Good for you. Enjoy your new freedom. Be safe.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is like a 20 or 30% rate of failure to repair your pipes after this procedure is done. This means that 20 or 30% of the time people can't have the procedure reversed.

Something to think about.

Chokebloke

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks to all of you - lots to go on there.

As a relatively new member, was unware that it had been 'covered a lot' so, grateful to you for chipping in (again).

davefox

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had a vasectomy more than 30 years ago. Both our kids were planned, and both times my wife got pregnant with just a couple of tries. Turns out I had an unusually high sperm count, so we were lucky that there were no accidents along the way.

The only change in my cum is that it is extremely sticky. This makes for some interesting clean-up issues, especially if it isn't done right away.

I know other guys who have had the same experience.

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gads, must have been 10-years ago I had mine. There is no difference in the amount of cum you shoot, the ease of getting a hard on, nor the number of times you can have sex. Whatever you can do now you will do after your operation. I think the operation itself took about 20 minutes or so and I even watched! Funny to have someone cut on you as you watch. I think we had protected sex for about 10 times or so and then I went in to the doctors office and jacked off into a small cup. He looked at it in a microscope and said "no swimmers". I will always remember having sex that night in that I felt "freer" while having sex and as usual shot off a huge load. I know my wife felt much better about not having to worry about getting P.G. And I also feel that a man should be an active participant in birth control. You will find that your sex life is much better than before. It is great to just roll over and insert your dick without having to worry about putting on a condom and anything else. Just insert at the drop of a hat and both of you have fun. I know my wife enjoys sex much, much more now than before. Frankly I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Just pay the money and have the operation done. It is not a big deal anymore medically. We both feel it was right for us and improved our sex lives a great deal.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
About 30 years now, no change in ejaculate consistency or volume, and no. it was not done with a DIY kit. Two week waiting period is recommended if you work it, to avoid pregnancy.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Mr. Ed has his done in 1972.
There hasn't been any change in anything,except now
he can't make babies,Thank God!
Still comes heavily,very sticky extra maybe,but who knows if
that, is attributable to a vasectomy!
cigarbabe:saevil:

SweetWilliam

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had mine done two weeks ago. The first couple days sucked, but nothing a few extra-strength Tylenol couldn't handle.

My doctor wants to see two clean samples, three weeks apart. You can bet I'll be there three weeks to the day, right when they open the office, cup o' cum in hand. I can already tell Mrs. William's sex drive is significantly increased, and so has mine... Purely psychological, of course, but then the brain IS the biggest sex organ.

No change at all in my semen, as far as I can tell. My cock was extra super sensitive while I was healing.