Vasectomy feelings

londonhanger

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi Ladies, just wondering if being with a guy who's had a vasectomy affects yours feelings in anyway?
If he is a single guy do you see him as any less virle (obviously he's not) or maybe only a short term thing if you desire children? Or maybe relieved that pregnancy can't occur, even if another method of contraception being used fails?

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I've been "snipped" and the only time I've seen it be an issue is regarding dating. I'm divorced and women that haven't had children yet and want to have "their own" children and not adopt pretty much cast me to the side lol.

So my dating pool tends to lend itself to divorced women that have had children already. Which I'm more than ok with.

Kat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My husband had a vasectomy years ago and he and I love it. Prior to that in the back of my mind I was always thinking about getting pregnant. I just love the feeling of him burying himself in me when he cums and not having to worry about it. And there has been no effect on performance...if anything the reverse.

kat

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
menfolk should get extra points for being snipped. shows a forethought about what they want from life. taking responsibility for their sexual health and consideration for their partners *no need for the icky hormonal effects of b/c* health. for me getting a vasectomy would reflect a fully developed sense and comfort with their masculinity. all around good things.

flip side of that, i had a tubaligation a couple years back, i don't think my boyfriend has any negative feelings about it or me.

ML

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I don't see the guy as any less virile (that would just indicate a certain amount of ignorance, no?). At this point it wouldn't mean much one way or another since I've been "fixed" myself. The only feeling might be one of relief - from knowing that the guy didn't want/need kids.

I agree that guys willing to have vasectomy should get bonus points - it's less invasive than a tubal ligation and the recovery is usually easier. It could show empathy for the woman and/or confidence.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
When I had mine done I brought a walkman, yes ipods were not as highly used as they are now :tongue:

At the end the doctor said to me "pardon me for saying so, but you have to be one of mose comfortable patients I've had regarding this."

I said back "Well Doc, when you've been in the shower with 20-30 guys you kinda lose your dignity"

He then says, "Oh were you in the military?"

I gave him a confused look and said "No why do you ask?" His facial expression was priceless after I said that.

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
various feelings:
I had mine some time ago after my youngest was born.
the scrotum itched me for some time.... then off and on.
I felt no different in any way.
now the little scars on the sides of my ball can hardly be found'.
I think most middle aged women appreciate that one cannot make them preggy.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
MrGoodDate

i covered the two lil scars with star tattoos. one by my belly button, one just above the pubic line. no kids and i get to be a star belly sneech. umm of course i can see why you wouldn't want a tattoo on your boys.:wink:

ML

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
It may be a problem to a woman who wants children; but as someone has posted before, it is reversible. I applaud men who have vasectomies. They are the other part of the equation in the reproduction stage. It is admirable to see a man take responsibility of his reproduction and not always leave it up to the female.

With that said, I had a full hysterectomy after having children because of pre-cancerous cells. I think women fear the same thing. What if the feeling changes, will my man find me desirable? I am so very fortunate that my female OB-GYN was concerned about me enjoying sex and allowed me to keep my cervix; and I don't miss my monthly periods!!!!

B_mylipswet

Experimental Member
Media
In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My man expressed not wanting "that" when I told him I'm fertile and can still conceive children. I was quite shocked as to his reaction being he was in his early 20's. At first I thought he was young and would change his mind.
However, I respected his wishes secretly feeling a bit cheated at the idea that he was one person whom I loved enough to actually want a child from. However, since then I can honestly say that I have focused more on him (which he seemed to be lacking). I'm sure he was admired for his size by many women but, a genuine compassion for him as a human being was obviously missing from his life. I over compensated being "older" and nurturing by nature I payed more attention to him and his needs. He has become my once in a lifetime love and the man who I have searched for my entire life. Had children been considered I may have not have recognized his needs nor my ability to fulfill them for him. I believe in the end it may just weed out all the women who are not willing to make those sacrifices for you and you will get the one that you need instead of the one that you may just want. As long as your gun is still loaded just think to some women it may be a turn on. Your weapon is not one of mass production but, one of mass satisfaction. I see it as the ultimate control. Your changes are better for a long term relationship.