Vasectomy feelings

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by londonhanger, Dec 8, 2008.

1. londonhanger

londonhanger Active Member

Albums:
    Hi Ladies, just wondering if being with a guy who's had a vasectomy affects yours feelings in anyway?
    If he is a single guy do you see him as any less virle (obviously he's not) or maybe only a short term thing if you desire children? Or maybe relieved that pregnancy can't occur, even if another method of contraception being used fails?

2. B_mylipswet

B_mylipswet New Member

In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
    Some men do not want children, does this change how hot they look or feel, I doubt that. Your still hot to me.

happymacone likes this.
  3. D_Marazion Analdouche

I've been "snipped" and the only time I've seen it be an issue is regarding dating. I'm divorced and women that haven't had children yet and want to have "their own" children and not adopt pretty much cast me to the side lol.

So my dating pool tends to lend itself to divorced women that have had children already. Which I'm more than ok with.

4. voyeuristic

voyeuristic New Member

Albums:
    my dream man would have a vasectomy or be willing to get one

5. Nala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It won't affect my feelings in any way. It doesn't effect the performance, so why worry?

6. polesmoker

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    The hubby had one after we had a kid. I liked it because he could safely blow his load inside me which turns him on.

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

It somehow turns me off from a guy if I know he is snipped, I don't know why, I just don't find it attractive, even if the guy has kids.

8. D_Marazion Analdouche

Well if that's the only criteria you have :tongue: ....... :wavey: lol.

9. Kat

Kat Member

My husband had a vasectomy years ago and he and I love it. Prior to that in the back of my mind I was always thinking about getting pregnant. I just love the feeling of him burying himself in me when he cums and not having to worry about it. And there has been no effect on performance...if anything the reverse.

kat

10. MickeyLee

Gold Member

menfolk should get extra points for being snipped. shows a forethought about what they want from life. taking responsibility for their sexual health and consideration for their partners *no need for the icky hormonal effects of b/c* health. for me getting a vasectomy would reflect a fully developed sense and comfort with their masculinity. all around good things.

flip side of that, i had a tubaligation a couple years back, i don't think my boyfriend has any negative feelings about it or me.

ML

11. MagicJohnsonFan

MagicJohnsonFan New Member

Albums:
    I don't see the guy as any less virile (that would just indicate a certain amount of ignorance, no?). At this point it wouldn't mean much one way or another since I've been "fixed" myself. The only feeling might be one of relief - from knowing that the guy didn't want/need kids.

I agree that guys willing to have vasectomy should get bonus points - it's less invasive than a tubal ligation and the recovery is usually easier. It could show empathy for the woman and/or confidence.

12. MickeyLee

Gold Member

*high five to the fixed girl* we so rock!!!

13. MagicJohnsonFan

MagicJohnsonFan New Member

Albums:
    Back atcha, babe!! :cool:

14. D_Marazion Analdouche

When I had mine done I brought a walkman, yes ipods were not as highly used as they are now :tongue:

At the end the doctor said to me "pardon me for saying so, but you have to be one of mose comfortable patients I've had regarding this."

I said back "Well Doc, when you've been in the shower with 20-30 guys you kinda lose your dignity"

He then says, "Oh were you in the military?"

I gave him a confused look and said "No why do you ask?" His facial expression was priceless after I said that.

15. MrGoodDate

Gold Member

various feelings:
    I had mine some time ago after my youngest was born.
    the scrotum itched me for some time.... then off and on.
    I felt no different in any way.
    now the little scars on the sides of my ball can hardly be found'.
    I think most middle aged women appreciate that one cannot make them preggy.

16. MickeyLee

Gold Member

MrGoodDate

i covered the two lil scars with star tattoos. one by my belly button, one just above the pubic line. no kids and i get to be a star belly sneech. umm of course i can see why you wouldn't want a tattoo on your boys.:wink:

ML

17. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Its a great thing for a man to do. It shows he is responsible with contraception. And of course if children are wanted later it is totally reversible

18. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

It may be a problem to a woman who wants children; but as someone has posted before, it is reversible. I applaud men who have vasectomies. They are the other part of the equation in the reproduction stage. It is admirable to see a man take responsibility of his reproduction and not always leave it up to the female.

With that said, I had a full hysterectomy after having children because of pre-cancerous cells. I think women fear the same thing. What if the feeling changes, will my man find me desirable? I am so very fortunate that my female OB-GYN was concerned about me enjoying sex and allowed me to keep my cervix; and I don't miss my monthly periods!!!!

19. B_mylipswet

B_mylipswet New Member

In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
    My man expressed not wanting "that" when I told him I'm fertile and can still conceive children. I was quite shocked as to his reaction being he was in his early 20's. At first I thought he was young and would change his mind.
    However, I respected his wishes secretly feeling a bit cheated at the idea that he was one person whom I loved enough to actually want a child from. However, since then I can honestly say that I have focused more on him (which he seemed to be lacking). I'm sure he was admired for his size by many women but, a genuine compassion for him as a human being was obviously missing from his life. I over compensated being "older" and nurturing by nature I payed more attention to him and his needs. He has become my once in a lifetime love and the man who I have searched for my entire life. Had children been considered I may have not have recognized his needs nor my ability to fulfill them for him. I believe in the end it may just weed out all the women who are not willing to make those sacrifices for you and you will get the one that you need instead of the one that you may just want. As long as your gun is still loaded just think to some women it may be a turn on. Your weapon is not one of mass production but, one of mass satisfaction. I see it as the ultimate control. Your changes are better for a long term relationship.

20. londonhanger

londonhanger Active Member

Albums:
    Thanks all. I think I have made up my mind and will go for it, and as Lee M points out, it is reversible if really necessary in years to come. In the UK it is free on the public health service as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted