Vasectomy recovery help

D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe

Account Disabled
Media
Hello all,

I did a quick search and didn't find much on this, so I thought it warranted a new thread. Forgive me if I searched poorly.

I had a vasectomy done last Friday (four days ago) and apart from some minor complications, it went fine. My stitches still haven't melted and I'm still very, very sore. I think I have been overdoing it and not wearing supportive enough underwear. At least I hope that is all that is causing the continued pain.

For those who have had the procedure, what was your recovery like and does my hypothesis seem reasonable?

Thanks.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you are worried about the soreness try spraying your stitches with Bactine or swabbing them with hydrogen peroxide. Neither one of them should irritate. After that anoint them with antibacterial ointment such as Bacitracin or Neosporin to promote healing.

If it persists get back to the doctor. Nice that the sutures are the dissolving kind that don't need pulling. Vasectomies can be done several ways, not all of which require sutures.

Account Disabled
Media
what did your doctor tell you to expect?

Doc said, "Read this info sheet. Ask if you have any questions." The info was non-specific, but did say that there would be soreness for a couple of days. I just didn't expect this much soreness, I guess. When I got home from work, I iced myself and put on much more supportive underwear. The underwear, more than anything seems to be helping.

Ishould have been doing better about that, but you know that "supportive" is iffy when your well endowed. Regular underwear stretches out by the end of the day, so I've got a thong on and will take two with me to work tomorrow to change half way through the day.

f you are worried about the soreness try spraying your stitches with Bactine or swabbing them with hydrogen peroxide. Neither one of them should irritate. After that anoint them with antibacterial ointment such as Bacitracin or Neosporin to promote healing.

The sutured incisions are puckered pretty good from the type of stitch the doc used and they rubbed a lot today. Keeping things tied up tighter should help that, but I like your idea of Neosporin. I've got some with pain reliever in it as well. Good call.

Also, helgaleena, I just wanted to say "Up the Irons!":biggrin1: I listened to Powerslave three times at work today.

Thanks for the help and anybody else that wants to throw in an opinion. I'm just looking for red flags that this might be headed in a bad direction. Sorry to be paranoid, but they're the only testicles I've got.:redface:

SeeDickRun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You'll be OK. Soreness can continue for four or five days. Mine certainly did. But, I had a little "accident" the day of my surgery. I was handed my 12 month old son when I sat down, and he PROMPTLY stood up and bounced (with both feet) directly on my nuts. I know that put me back just a little. But the pain does go away. If he didn't give you any pain pills, take a couple of aspirin, the miracle drug.
Let us know when you're over the pain.
Oh, yeah. You gotta j/o about a dozen times to empty your tubes of the swimmers. Getting back to unprotected sex too soon might bring a surprise.

sillvert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had mine done, it didn't hurt at all, that was until after the drugs wore off!. Keep the boys, tight and calm. A bag of frozen pea's works great, to put the pain down. The first couple of loads that you shoot, will hurt to. But after that, look out. Make sure you go in to be tested, to make sure you are shooting blanks.

Account Disabled
Media
The last couple of days of more support has been better; but, I'm still very sore, and the stitches still haven't dissolved. All the recent posts are also underlining that I went back to full activity too soon. I just plain overdid it, so it was almost like restarting recovery from step 1 on day 4.

I'll let you all know as it goes. Thanks for the continued S in LPSG.

Lester123

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was done four years ago and it didn't hurt too much. Had sex with the wife within a couple of weeks. Unfortunately I hadn't jacked-off since the op and she got pregnant again, so do watch out for that. Funny, because I always wanted four kids and she only wanted three, so I got my way in the end. Although it was an awkward conversation when she told me she was pregnant! I went for a test after about a month and still had some swimmers left, so do be careful.

As it happens, I've just split up with my wife and I'm only 32 so deciding whether to get it reversed or not because I may meet a young lady that wants kids some day and I heard the longer you leave the reversal the harder it is to be done.

VeryHung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When one of my brothers had the procedure done, he was told:
1.) to wear a jockstrap;
2.) not of lift anything heavy;
3.) jack off for two weeks before he had any unprotected sex.

Justmytwocents

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had no trouble at all. For me, the worst part was putting the ice on the boys. After half a day, I just said screw it and stopped and I was ok. The first few times I had sex the orgasms didn't feel the same but after a month or so, everything was normal. I just hated not working out for half a week.

Account Disabled
Media
Today is day 14, and I'm finally almost pain free. I think it was a combination of doing way too much way too soon, and not having good support that put me off in the weeds. My incisions have finally stopped weeping, and I can handle myself with little pain now. Time to start emptying out the last of the swimmers.:biggrin1:

Thanks for keeping the S in LPSG.:biggthumpup2:

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Glad to hear that things are going better... My neigbor had a vasectomy about the same time I did. He told me that his nuts swoll up to the size of oranges and he couldn't sit for days. Mine surgery was no issue and I was pounding that the wife within a day or two of having surgery so it is different from person to person...

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mine was done on a Friday afternoon. Sat on the end of the table and watched him do it. He asked me to hold up my dick out of his way. He did one incision at the base of my penis instead of two that most Doctors do. I drove myself home. Sat and Sun, they felt like they weighed 20 lbs each. Went to work on Monday. Actually no problems

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I had mine done, I wore a jock strap to give me support. This was fine, but to "cushion" me a little more, I put in wads to tissue to pad it out and give more "soft" support. I wore this for about 3 days, then just the jock for a day or so. My wife and I had sex about 7 or 8 days after the operation, with me wearing a condom to catch any residue "swimmers". I used condoms for about two weeks as a safeguard. My wife and I find that me having this done has greatly added to our sex life. Just roll over and insert into her without fumbling with condoms, etc. Really nice in the mornings when she just rolls over onto the top of me and I have a quick orgasm before getting up.

keithcc

Experimental Member
Media
I had mine done right after 9/11. It was on that Thursday after as I had three days off. No problems. I had an older woman I was with at the time and she was sterile so we just carried on. I knew I didn't want kids at my age and I knew I was going to be with younger women and didn't want an oops, and the employer paid everything.

I got tested a month later (it was part of the fee which insurance paid with no deductible) and was sperm free. When I announced to someone there I was tested and clear, a couple of girls came on to me. I wound up having sex with both (one at a time) and it was fine. No pain, no difference in ejaculate visible or in feel/consistency.

Once your family is complete, every (straight) man should have the procedure because it means no late in life oopses that ruin your plans. I could have had semen frozen for "just in case" but I decided not to.

I've known half a dozen guys who had their family raised and looking forward to golf and grandchildren and then wifey is PG again at 42. Some take it a lot better than I imagine I could....changing diapers at 45, preschool and tantrums at 50 and teenage rebellion management at 60+ don't sound appetizing to me at all.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
keithcc, they can always put your tubes back together if you change your mind. in fact, sometimes the tubes grow back together on there on.

I had a vasectomy after the wife and I had 3 kids together and she didn't want to go back on the pill. we never used condoms until our 13th yr of our relationship. wife did not like them at all, and due to my girth, I split regular condoms almost every time. one day, I went to the store and they had a new condom out, Magnums!!!! so we used those for a few mos, until I got cut.