Vasectomy Scar

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_Dale_Doe, Jul 4, 2009.

1. D_Dale_Doe

D_Dale_Doe New Member

Anybody else here had a vasectomy? How many scars do you have? Where are they? How big are they? Ever had anybody remark on them?

I had a vasectomy about 3 1/2 years ago. I have one scar, right along the middle of my sac. It is about an 1.5 long. I was already married, so the only woman to see it has been my wife. She has never really said anything about it. She was mostly horrified by the large amount of bruising I experienced just after the surgery. I will try to get a picture of my scar up soon.

2. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

Can I answer about a scar there caused by something else?
    I have a 2 inch scar on my left nutsac from a varicocelectomy performed in 95. It is not visible unless I keep the nuts trimmed or shaved.

The bad news is that the varicocele has returned. The good news is that there are less invasive procedures for that now.

Yes, someone who has not seen *may* say something but not necessarily.

3. long legs

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a vasectomy a number of years ago. still have a small scar line,but its hidden in all my thick ball hair.

4. Trouty

Trouty New Member

I'm 'lucky' because I've had both a vasectomy and varicocelectomy. The scars from the vasectomy are tiny <1cm in length either side high up on my sack. The scar from the removal of the varicocele is far more impressive resulting in a 8cm scar right across my scrotum, however it is just a very thin white line so doesn't bother me and I find it to be quite a talking point at dinner parties :biggrin:

5. shroomhead70

shroomhead70 New Member

Albums:
    I have had a vaz and really do not have any visible scars. Bad memories maybe,but no scars...

6. B_mature54

B_mature54 New Member

Had a vasectomy when I was about 25. Tiny incisions were made at the top of my sac on ether side of my penis. You would really have to hunt to find the scars now. The pain and bruising were another story altogether.

7. Smartalk

Gold Member

I went to theatre at 9am had my vasectomy discharged at noon Digging the garden in the afternoon had sex in the eveing. No pain no bruising minute incision on disolvable stich each side. Not scar to find.

I did have a general anesthetic not from choice, more than happy to have a local, but the surgeon said with a general a smaller incision was possible. Also, bleeding was far easier to control thus reducing any possible bruising. Using local anesthic causes the scrotal tissue to swell thus necessitating a bigger incision.

Lets not forget that there is still a breed of surgeons who like to be able to get their elbows in as well as their hands.

Anyone considering it I say don't hesitate, makes sex far more spontaneous

8. Trouty

Trouty New Member

WTF!! :eek: You da man you da man :biggrin1:

I had to wait over week before I saw any action but that's only because my wife wouldn't play ball - was very much the pattern of my future sex life :frown1:

9. funnyguy

funnyguy Active Member

Albums:
    I had a similar experience as Smartalk only I had a local anesthetic. Did house chores, went out hunting for a lost cat-walked 6-10 blocks before I found the cat. Later that night, I has sex with the next door neighbor. Had a slight pulling sensation, but I wouldn't call it painful and it sure didn't stop me. :biggrin1:

10. crossy

Gold Member

Where did the cat go? Was he/she OK? 6 or 10 blocks is quite a walk post vaz.

11. Ed69

Gold Member

I'm going in the 14th of next month to get the no-scalpel version done.The doctor says there should be no scar.And no needle,the pain killer is delivered in a high pressure jet through the skin.Plus the happy drugs you are given to take before comming in to have a stranger handle you in front of your wife!

Vasectomy - Reporter's File - Vasectomy: Safe, Simple and Little Used - NY Times Health

P.S.I'll post a pic after so you can see what it looks like.

#11 Ed69, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  12. Principessa

Gold Member

Uhmm, I'm puzzled. Why does a gay man need a vasectomy? Did you have the vasectomy before you realized you were 99% gay? :confused:

13. B_Bonky

B_Bonky New Member

I've been wanting a vasectomy since I was 18. I hear the new procedures don't use a scalpel at all, just a tiny cut. Maybe some day.

Hey, is the semen clear after a vasectomy?

14. Ed69

Gold Member

Take a look back,I answered all that for you Bonky.

15. B_Bonky

B_Bonky New Member

?? not seeing it

16. Ed69

Gold Member

^^Read the link I posted (#11 permalink)Last paragraph you have to use another method for a bit or kill a whole lotta chickens to get the pipes clear after.Then you shoot blanks!I'm just glad there are no more knives or needles involved in it!:smile:

#16 Ed69, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  17. TheDeTour

TheDeTour Member

I had one is the mid 80s, I have a very small scar on the scrotal seam and thats all.

18. Smartalk

Gold Member

NJQT I was married for 21 years and have two lovely children My wife was advised not to have any more due to health problems. You will find out more about my transition from bi to gay in other threads if you wish to know the reason.

19. funnyguy

funnyguy Active Member

Albums:
    Long story made short: Had just divorced and had my kids with me in a new place. The cat came in through an open window the night before my vas. My daughter was delighted and named her "Chico" lol. I thought we ought to take her back to the neighborhood and we did, but my daughter cried and cried. So, when I got back from the vas, we went walking until we found her hiding in bushes many blocks away. Brought her home and my daughter was so happy! Me, too. It was not that uncomfortable. After all, I did have sex that night!

20. B_Bonky

B_Bonky New Member

not with the cat or your daughter, I hope.

Unless of course it turns you on. So I still haven't seen on that link above whether or not the semen turns clear without sperm in it. Yes? No?

thx

Draft saved Draft deleted