Vasectomy Wisdom?

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
For those saying a man in his 60s would not be dating a fertile woman, change of life babies are real (late peri menopause through the year or so of the actual pausing).
I’m 53 and if I wasn’t using an IUD, I’d be bleeding like clockwork, and pregnancy a greater concern.
My partner is 66, my past partner and I were together from his 65th bday into his 69th year.
I’ve a friend who is younger than I by a good bit who had a thing with a man a good bit older than I. It was a 40 year age difference. Mid level celebrity makes weird pairings. He was 70/71, she 30/31 and she had two miscarriages with him.

Reactions: BoyBrazil92

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For those saying a man in his 60s would not be dating a fertile woman, change of life babies are real (late peri menopause through the year or so of the actual pausing).
I’m 53 and if I wasn’t using an IUD, I’d be bleeding like clockwork, and pregnancy a greater concern.
My partner is 66, my past partner and I were together from his 65th bday into his 69th year.
I’ve a friend who is younger than I by a good bit who had a thing with a man a good bit older than I. It was a 40 year age difference. Mid level celebrity makes weird pairings. He was 70/71, she 30/31 and she had two miscarriages with him.
Can't "like" due to the mention of miscarriages, but, agree 100 percent.

D

deleted814719

After the birth of our two sons, my wife and I decided together that our family was set. So, I had a vasectomy 37 years ago. The procedure was done in a doctor's office and took less than 30 minutes. I was told to apply an ice pack to my balls to keep the swelling down, which I did on-and-off for the first few days. That evening, I went bowling with my wife (we were in a couples league) and felt fine. The next morning, I woke up and felt like was was hauling a bowling ball between my legs. That "heaviness" lasted a few days and then all was well.

So, nothing to worry about with the procedure. For us, the decision was absolutely the right one. 37 years of having sex without the worry of a "surprise" baby have been wonderful.

likitisplit

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
As I consider re-entering the dating world as a pushing-60 widower, I'm considering whether to surgically remove myself from the gene pool. Sex would only be in a committed monogamous relationship where other health concerns were addressed, but there's no guarantee that my paramour (whomever she is) would be safely past her child-bearing years, so I'd like to be able to offer a condom-free option.

Any words of wisdom from those who've undergone the procedure, or from their ladyfriends? Things that the urologist didn't mention which took you by surprise?

There's no one on my radar currently, so there's no rush to make a decision, just gathering facts. My brother is a club member, but this isn't the kind of thing we talk about.
had my irreversible years ago, no regrets!