Vasectomy with no children

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by dave2006, May 25, 2008.

1. dave2006

dave2006 New Member

has anyone ever had a vasectomy without having any biological children? Do you have any regrets

2. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    Why would you get a vasectomy if you have no children? I understand it can be reversed but there are other forms of birth control. Not cheap to get, and definitely not cheap to get undone.

3. D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher Account Disabled

Would you put some sperm away just in case?

A relative of mine suffers from depression and right after she got married her husband had a vasectomy. I don't know if he regrets it but she does not.

4. Love-it

Gold Member

I had a vasectomy in 1977 after 2 years of marriage, no children. My wife was having birth control issues with the Copper 7 IUD possibility of uterine puncturing and birth control pills were not as good as they are today. And she did not feel comfortable with the idea of having children as her family upbringing wasn't the best. Years later, after her sister died of colon cancer, we took our nephew and niece in for three summers, I did the fathering and the mothering as my wife could only handle the cooking and cleaning and an occasional story book. She would not have done well with having her own kids.

Do I regret it? No. If for some reason I had lost my wife and remarried, I would have considered trying to father children. Since that didn't happen I will probably never have children as I am now 59.

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not everyone was made for parenthood.

6. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    Better a vasectomy than a dozen unwanted children!

7. orbit03

orbit03 Member

My wife and I were probably fertile, but we decided we would rather adopt. It just felt like how we were supposed to have a family. We ended up adopting a wonderful little girl from China. Anyway, I got snipped about four months after we got back from China. I have absolutely no regrets. I love my daughter and don't really care about spreading my genetic material.

Draft saved Draft deleted