Vasectomy

Nienna

Just Browsing
Media
ok once all you guys are done squirming at the title....

I was wondering if you have had any negative side effects occur after haveing had one. And if so have you found anything to correct them?

My husband had one five and a half years ago, and we have noticed a few things, and were wondering if any of you who've had this procedure done had noticed things changeing aswell, aside from the usual like less cum volume.

We've noticed, that he doesn't get as hard as he used to, and that inturn, makes his cock a little smaller (length and girth). Its not a huge difference, but compared to before the surgery, it has reduced somewhat.

He is also way more sensitive now, after he has a really intense/big orgasm sometimes, his balls ache and we can't have sex for a day sometimes two (we usually have sex at least twice a day).

I told him maybe he should go back to the surgeon who performed his surgery, and find out if this is all normal or not, but he said it would be embarassing.

Anyone else go through this?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've never heard of anyone having the problems you describe. Usually the sex gets better since the fear of pregnancy is taken out of the "fun." A really good friend of mine had one several years ago and encountered no negative effects. If your husband had the balls :p to go in and have the procedure done in the first place, going back to discuss the problem shouldn't be any issue? I can only encourage him to go as soon as possible. It could be something else entirely and not related to the vasectomy at all. Get him to the urologist ASAP! my .02 worth. For what it's worth. :)

Pappy

Media
He should definately see a doctor and fast. The symptoms you describe should not be caused by a vasectomy. As Kink said, he had the balls to have the proceedure, going back for this should be a walk in the park.

bigtwin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nienna, thanks for raising this topic. It's been on my mind, too. I was thinking of starting my own thread. I'm 36 and our 3rd child was born about 5 months ago. We think we are done having children and will make a final decision once we get a little more time behind us. My wife has used the pill since before we were married. While they continue to improve on "the pill" we and her gyno think we should consider long term non-drug options. One of these is vasectomy (ta da!). I plan to discuss this with my urologist at the appropriate time. I'd be most interested in hearing from any guys (or wives/gfs) on both short and long term experiences after vasectomy. Thanks in advance.

Nienna

Just Browsing
Media
Congrats on the new baby Bigtwin, And on the other two little ones you have as well :)

My hubby and I had talked about vasectomy while I was pregnant with our second child. He always knew he didn't want more than one or two kids, so for him it was just a matter waiting until that stage had passed, he had already vulunteered for the surgery. For me though, it was a matter of not wanting the surgery myself or the long term pill taking. I know it sounds selfish, but a tubal ligation is more risky than a vasectomy; and since both my pregnancies were difficult and my deliveries had many things go wrong I didn't want to risk anymore than had already been done. And also some women have a really hard time with the side effects of taking the pill (wich was me). So we decided that vasectomy was the best option for us.

The stress relief involved in not worrying about pregnancy is great. To quote my hubby "Its purely for sport now!!!!" We know that we can plan for our future based on the family not growing. We know that YES we can get rid of all the extra stuff involved in having babies, crib, playpen, toys clothes, bottles etc...... Free'd up ALOT of space. And best of all, TO NEVER CHANGE DIAPERS AGAIN! ( until of course we get gran kids many many many years from now lol).

Hope that helps with whatever decison you end up making.

On the topic of side effects I posted above..... I showed the posts to my hubby and he agreed to go the doc and figure out what is causeing his troubles, and to fix it.