Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
yes - had it done in 2006 - had some minor reactions for a few months.. arthritic type of pain for a while.. Doc told me could be post vasectomy syndrome - googled it - apparently its a real thing... Not too sure - pain went away on its own and all is good now... wife not on pill and we havent had any more pregnancies so must be working... :)

fowfer

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Snipped in 1987 along with double hernia and circ. No problem until age slowed me down a little then I started PEing and got to big for my wife to handle vaginally but still get a lot of BJs.

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
had mine done in 2008 left side wouldnt numb then developed a bacteria infection due to being exposed for so long and after still have sharp stabbing pains in the left side....if I had to do it all over again I would PASS!

D_Harold_Hopnoodle

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for the comments guys.. It seems like its a positive thing to have done for the most part.

Go for the no-scalpel procedure. No stitches, and I didn't even need a post-op visit.
I'd say it took a good 2 months before everything felt totally normal again, but I never had anything I'd classify as pain; just discomfort (which was minimal after about 3-4 days).
A jockstrap will be your best friend for the 2 weeks after!
No regrets here whatsoever.

D_Lanksesbye Sleepingrawe

Account Disabled
Media
I had it done last September in the normal scalpel and stitches kind of way. Doc was in a hurry and hadn't quite let the Novocaine do its work, so the left side was sliced without anesthesia. All that said I have three bits of advice to pay back all the kind support I got on LPSG when I had it done:
1. Make the Doc wait long enough for things to really go numb.
2. Follow the recovery plan they give you. Do not think you can bounce back up the next day. Some can, most can't. The odds are not in your favor, so take it as easy as you can to give yourself time to heal. It takes longer than you think.
3. For goodness sake go for the post op fertility check. Only when they declare you sterile are you truly sterile. If you're going to the trouble of the surgery, then go to the trouble to be sure your sterile before you assume you are.

Good luck my brother,

S_L

hung15us

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had mine done in 1965 and no pain. The doc reached in with a small cut 1/4" and bent the cords over and then tied them together. No pain and was at work the next day. best thing I ever did. Wish that I had done it earlier. I went back in 2 weeks to check that there were no bad guys left to get me in trouble.

sillvert

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Again, the best thing that I ever did. Go for, but make sure you are shooting blanks. It takes two test to make sure. Those little guys, will hide in the tubes. So make sure you clean them out will.

Bacchusbigboy

Experimental Member
Media
Had mine a while back. Go for a local no a general anaesthetic if you have the option. Quick and easy, follow the instructions and after recovery masturbate to get rid of the little swimmer. All works as it did before just no little swimmers

CapAmerica

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had mine done last Sept. the no scapal method. The actual surgery took less than 15 minutes, a little tugging was the only sensation during the proceedure. Having you dick rubber banded to a paper sheet is a strange experience.

Definitely apply the ice packs (I used bags of frozen peas) as directed and wear a jock strap for a week to keep your balls from moving and you should be good. I had little pain, just that dull feeling like being kicked in the balls that came and went over the first 48 hours when I moved too fast.

The worst part was taking the sample to the hospital lab as I got redirected three times in the hospital trying to deliver the jar as I checked my watch trying to stay within the 60 minute time span from cumming into the jar. Finally got to the correct lab check in desk and the nurse gave me that cute smile and wink asking the method of collection. I had some fun and told her my wife gave me a hand job in the men's room down the hall....She seemed to approve ?!

Love the freedom now, 3 kids are enough and my wife loves when I continue to trust after blowing a load insider her as she gets one final O....I think she likes the warm, wet end results too. Best of luck with yours.

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This was the best thing in the world for our sex lives. Had no problems having it done. Did on a Friday and was at work Monday. The best feeling is to insert yourself into your wife with nothing on and have absolutely no worries about birth control. My wife enjoys sex more now not having that over us. Go for it. Well worth the money, and even my insurance paid partially.