Vatican edits Pope's comments on condoms.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Vatican backtracks over Pope's condom stance -Times Online

I am not so interested in the Pope's barmy view that condoms aggravate the spread of AIDS in Africa, and the death and misery that that may cause, but it appears that the Vatican has been so shocked by world condemnation of his opinion that they have quietly edited his comments in the "official" Vatican record. It now says that condoms "risk" aggravating the spread of AIDS. Still a loony opinion, but not an edict.

So it appears that the Pope is fallible. Oops.

ManInLondon

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As an atheist, I feel such anger towards his comments.

That one man, in his ignorance and the name of God is able to end the lives of so many people in this world, believing, as he must do, that he is 'a good man'

Hitler would have done much better if he could have been pope, and just told all the Jews, homosexuals and gypsies that it was gods wish they should all stick their heads in gas ovens.

If this is what religion stands for then I feel sick.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah , if they break they leave DNA evidence all over the poor alter boys buttocks.

S

superbot

As an atheist, I feel such anger towards his comments.

That one man, in his ignorance and the name of God is able to end the lives of so many people in this world, believing, as he must do, that he is 'a good man'

Hitler would have done much better if he could have been pope, and just told all the Jews, homosexuals and gypsies that it was gods wish they should all stick their heads in gas ovens.

If this is what religion stands for then I feel sick.
The biggest bigots are UNDOUBTABLEY people such as yourself who when they haven't got an arguement rush to all the old tired cliches of of the above.Athiests always seem to think that they have the moral high ground on everything.The only cliche you didn't include was religion is the cause of all wars!! The Catholic Church has always been consistant on this issue and by no means unique.As a Catholic you either choose to follow these edicts or not, there is no police force! Most don't or the world population would five times the size it is now.

The Vatican would rather lead 600 faithful than 6,000,000,000 faithless. They don't care terribly much about their popularity so much as that their followers do what they say. I think the Catholic church is riddled with crap that has nothing to do with Jesus or salvation or following the Golden Rule. I think Jesus would be appalled by all the restrictions, sacraments, bulls, edicts, and other time wasters that do nothing to draw people closer to God but everything to do with drawing people to the church. There are some wonderful people in the Catholic church who do great good, but I don't think they're the people in power at the Vatican.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The biggest bigots are UNDOUBTABLEY people such as yourself who when they haven't got an arguement rush to all the old tired cliches of of the above.Athiests always seem to think that they have the moral high ground on everything.The only cliche you didn't include was religion is the cause of all wars!! The Catholic Church has always been consistant on this issue and by no means unique.As a Catholic you either choose to follow these edicts or not, there is no police force! Most don't or the world population would five times the size it is now.

Actually, the Pope himself has said if you don't follow the doctrines of the catholic church, you're not catholic. So the whole bit about choosing to follow edicts is wrong. If you don't follow the edicts, you're not a catholic. Sorry to break it to ya.

ManInLondon

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Because of your moral high ground you have totally missed my point.

I don't give a fuck about the Catholic church being consistent. It happens to be wrong. All I care about is the fact that one man is able to 'denounce' condoms therefore causing the death of thousands of innocent people who actually believe that what he is saying is the truth.

Don't give me all this crap about 'cliches' . all I'm talking about is innocent people's lives.

S

superbot

Because of your moral high ground you have totally missed my point.

I don't give a fuck about the Catholic church being consistent. It happens to be wrong. All I care about is the fact that one man is able to 'denounce' condoms therefore causing the death of thousands of innocent people who actually believe that what he is saying is the truth.

Don't give me all this crap about 'cliches' . all I'm talking about is innocent people's lives.
Didn't miss your point AT ALL.All that crap about Hitler and the gas ovens is just plain sick.I think you need to save your venom for idiots like that Mbecki creature who led S.Africa for all those years and lived in denial about AIDS thus ACTIVELY causing the deaths of who knows how many people.

S

superbot

Actually, the Pope himself has said if you don't follow the doctrines of the catholic church, you're not catholic. So the whole bit about choosing to follow edicts is wrong. If you don't follow the edicts, you're not a catholic. Sorry to break it to ya.
Think you made that one up chum!