Vegan vs. Meat Eater

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mista geechee, Jun 14, 2008.

?

Which one are you?

1. I eat meat

58 vote(s)
    84.1%
  2. I don't eat meat

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Simple question. What do you guys think is healthier ? What do you think is "right" or "wrong" ? Are any of you guys vegans?

Personally i think eating meat is ok. It's natural. All we ate was meat before the agricultural revolution and domestication of animals. I understand that meat takes longer to digest. That's why it must be cooked properly. Plus , alot of people don't get enough fiber which means their bowels don't move regularly (everyday) like they should. So that meat just sits in them , undigested , instead of being used for its nutrients and making its exit. You also get essential vitamins like vitamin D from eating things like fish.

2. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Homo sapiens is distinctively categorized as an apex predator by numerous evolutionary markers.

As a species, we're biologically designed to be omnivorous. Meat is absolutely on the menu.

Besides, if god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them taste so good.

3. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I am an unabashed and unrepentantly carnivore.

4. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've got some meat that might interest you, pussycat... :wink:

5. simcha

Gold Member

I'm definitely an omnivore as we are meant to be.

6. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

MMM let me think....
    Yummy!
    A long (grain) fed, yearling, Wagyu rib eye fillet?
    Thank you Lover.

7. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yea good points. Salad is all god and shit but what is it worth when it's not followed by a steak?

8. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Haha, sometimes a salad is better than a steak, imo. :wink:
    I spent a lot of time growing up on a farm, hunting and slaughtering animals, so I'm not against meat. I'm just not a big meat eater. But when I do eat it, there's no messing around... thick aged ribeye, rare, nice little crusty, charring from the grill - seasoned only with sea salt & cracked mixed peppercorns, one of the best things on earth. :smile:

9. D_Marazion Analdouche

I enjoy veggies, but as a main staple in a meal, well, salad is my food's food.

I order my prime rib rare, if it shows up cold I'm ok with that. If it walks, swims, crawls, flies, clucks, chips, barks I've prolly ate it.

10. invisibleman

Gold Member

Vegan/Vegetarians still murder living plant life. Life is life.

11. D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat Account Disabled

Vegan here. I love the taste of a great steak, don't get me wrong, but I found that vegan works great for me. Not strict vegan in the "I look down at you because PETA tells me to be a condescending prick to anyone who eats meat." I think that PETA is a load of crock; I just do it for my own reasons, and saw a huge health improvement.

12. Xcuze

Gold Member

Bacon sandwiches are one of my biggest pleasures in life so I aint gonna be a vegan any time soon. God didnt give us teeth to chew on a lettuce leaf.

13. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Meat is one of the only sources of ALL of the essential amino acids for human life. Egg is also another one (which happens to be in the meat category). There are some vegetables that come close, like lentils (which I love). Wheat and Peanuts combined contain them all (PB&J anyone?). But really I haven't heard of a single ONE vegetable/fruit that contains all the essential amino acids. I could be wrong.

Plus meat tastes so good! I think vegans are only healthier than your average meat eater because they HAVE to monitor their diet, while most meat eaters don't monitor it. If you monitored your diet but still ate meat, I think you'd be just as healthy.

14. Scarlet Thelema

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah, what he said :smile:

A big, heavy, blood-red, thick, juicy piece of meat makes me happier than nothing else! Well, almost nothing... :wink:

15. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Even worse... the harvesting of crops, especially with the combines necessary to meet world food demand, kills hundreds of millions of small animals... varmints, voles and mice, eveyr year... and a certain amount of this "protein" ends up in processed vegetables and grains.

For Humans...There is no eating without killing....in one form or another.
    And there are certain amino acids that we can not get in sufficient quantity from plant sources.

Vegans are living in a fantasy world of imaginary non-violence...

I say death is natural- ALL living things must die.... and ALL living things, in dying, provide food for other living things.

16. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i consider myself an omnivore, a total meat and veggie lover. meat is part of my regular diet and i ain't afraid to say it. i did try going pesecatarian once but i got sick and couldn't hack it.

as for vegans, vegetarians, and even pescatarians, i respect their choices not to eat meat though. a lot of my friends are going that route and i totally praise them for it. even when we go out to eat i don't order meat dishes just to show my support. what's great about LA is the variety of vegan items now available at regular grocery stores, like vegan chocolate chip cookies... sooo delicious! and even vegan restaurants are popping up all over the place.

17. D_Portelay Porquesword

I don't eat red meat regularly. Chicken and Fish, and tons of veggies.
    A great steak is a treat for me.

18. D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat Account Disabled

Someone correct me if this is just alcohol talking but doesn't soy have all the essential amino acids?

I agree that meat has a place in a healthy diet, and I'll also admit that it is healthier for some people to keep meat in their diet.

19. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

What? You think humans didn't eat berries, nuts, tubers, fruits, etc. before learning to cultivate? How odd! What did you think the 'gatherers' in the Hunter Gatherer communitues gathered? Mice? Insects? Carrion? We've always been omnivores - eating just about anything that didn't kill us (quickly).

Yup - that's about the deal - I mean I suppose someone could come up with a farming concept where some gentle, kind people went through the fields asking the rodents, birds and insects would they mind moving along so the harvesters can come through - perhaps providing alternative accomodation in a hostel of some sort. But I don't believe that to be entirely practical :smile:

20. Xcuze

Gold Member

MD, this^^ is the kind of stuff I complimented u for earlier!

Draft saved Draft deleted