• I eat meat

Votes: 59 81.9%
  • I don't eat meat

Votes: 13 18.1%

• Total voters

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
i consider myself an omnivore, a total meat and veggie lover. meat is part of my regular diet and i ain't afraid to say it. i did try going pesecatarian once but i got sick and couldn't hack it.

as for vegans, vegetarians, and even pescatarians, i respect their choices not to eat meat though. a lot of my friends are going that route and i totally praise them for it. even when we go out to eat i don't order meat dishes just to show my support.

To show your support? If you agree with them then stop eating meat - if you don't then why limit your diet not to offend them. Fuck that. Vegitarians NEVER, in my experience, try not to offend meat eaters - they do just the opposite. I'm trying to enjoy my nice steak tartare and they start going on about how disgusting it is and slaughter houses, intestinal tracts, disgestive processes, etc., etc. NO! FUCK VEGITARIANS and their fucking sensibilities.

Also, when I have veggie friends over to eat I make them veggie food, right? Only polite. Do my veggie friends prepare a meat dish for me when I am at their houses? Do they bollocks! (Actually - I have to say my sister is an exception.) No - they make you eat fucking HUMOUS!! I HATE FUCKING HUMOUS. Fuck them - with a fucking big frozen shoulder joint of pork!

:smile:

Someone correct me if this is just alcohol talking but doesn't soy have all the essential amino acids?

Say NO! to soy:

Soy impact on reproduction?

I avoid the stuff like the plague.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
YOu can always tell the vegans by their pallor...
One of the key nutrients we get from only meat sources is critical in maintaining healthy skin.

I have known many who were strict vegetarians for decades, who were astonished to find, once they started eating meat, how all of a sudden they felt physically better, more energetic, more alert... and more emotionally connected.

We evolved eating a certain amount of meat.

In fact... the single largest cause of heartburn and acid reflux is Wheat... because we only started eating wheat a few thousand years ago... we have not really evolved to digest it well.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am with you!
Fucking Homous.
It is the middle easts fucking joke on the west.
It tastes like rancid toe jam.
quite possibly the foulest tasting crap I have ever had in my mouth and I point blank refused to swallow it.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In fact... the single largest cause of heartburn and acid reflux is Wheat... because we only started eating wheat a few thousand years ago... we have not really evolved to digest it well.

This is true.

An estimated 1% to 1.5% of the population are suspected to have Coeliac Sprue...a genetic autoimmune condition that is triggered by the ingestion of gluten, found primarily in wheat and related grains.

The only known treatment is to adopt and adhere to a gluten-free diet...something many people have done and found leads to marked improvements in their overall health.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Plus meat tastes so good! I think vegans are only healthier than your average meat eater because they HAVE to monitor their diet, while most meat eaters don't monitor it. If you monitored your diet but still ate meat, I think you'd be just as healthy.

I know some extremely unhealthy vegetarians/vegans. I don't think, unless they are also very nutrition-conscious, they are on the whole eating better that meat eaters. I have a friend who was vegetarian for a long time and he ate way too many carbs and way too much sugar because he simply didn't pay enough attention to what he was eating. The worst part was the he was an insulin dependent diabetic.

Say NO! to soy:

Soy impact on reproduction?

I avoid the stuff like the plague.

I don't know that I buy this at all. Humans have been eating and cultivating soy for thousands of years with no discernible problems. There's a lot of argument about this in the scientific community.

A bigger, more obvious problem, to me, is with the massive doses of antibiotics and hormones give to cows so that they don't get sick, grow larger, and produce larger volumes of milk. Those things pass into cow's milk (and meat, to a lesser extent) so we end up ingesting chemicals that are most definitely biologically active in mammals.

I am, I have to admit, biased on this issue since we're lactose intolerant to different degrees in this house and it's very rare that we have cow's milk in the home. If it weren't for soy milk, I'd have a very sick and miserable child.

Reactions: MickeyLee

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I don't know that I buy this at all. Humans have been eating and cultivating soy for thousands of years with no discernible problems. There's a lot of argument about this in the scientific community.

A bigger, more obvious problem, to me, is with the massive doses of antibiotics and hormones give to cows so that they don't get sick, grow larger, and produce larger volumes of milk. Those things pass into cow's milk (and meat, to a lesser extent) so we end up ingesting chemicals that are most definitely biologically active in mammals.

I am, I have to admit, biased on this issue since we're lactose intolerant to different degrees in this house and it's very rare that we have cow's milk in the home. If it weren't for soy milk, I'd have a very sick and miserable child.

The soy thing was me being glib actually :eek: Never! - I know that is very much one side of an ongoing argument. I did however avoid soy during pregnancy, just in case.

If you want hormone free beef may I suggest you buy Irish - well actually anything European, but I like Irish best :biggrin: - we have much stricter rules about what we can give our cattle, generally actually, as far as I understand it, but especially in terms of hormones.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Simple question. What do you guys think is healthier ? What do you think is "right" or "wrong" ? Are any of you guys vegans?.
I'm not sure that the distinction has been made in this thread or not, but vegan is not the same as vegetarian.

Vegans do not eat any food products from animals - including eggs, milk, or even honey. It's not simply a matter of "not eating meat."

I've known lots of vegetarians over the years, but very few vegans. A very good friend who has been vegetarian for about 25 years now has a rule of thumb: if an animal has to die for it, she won't eat it.

Personally, I try to just keep a healthy balance of all the delicious food groups.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I've known lots of vegetarians over the years, but very few vegans. A very good friend who has been vegetarian for about 25 years now has a rule of thumb: if an animal has to die for it, she won't eat it.

So she doesn't eat any wheat, oats, barley (etc.) products where animals will have been killed in the harvesting process? Wow - that must be quite difficult.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I worked at a grocery store as a cashier right after high school. Of all the jobs in the store, working in the meat department would have been my last choice. I started to read labels. Lunchmeat, hot dogs, and bacon were the first meat items to go because of sodium nitrate. I learned how to cook and started to make most of my own food instead of buying processed foods. I would not buy anything with chemical ingredients that I couldn't easily pronounce. A few years later, red meat lost its appeal and was off my menu. Through the late '70s, I made some decent meals with poultry and fish. There were increasing concerns in the food business about food additives and hormones. That's my biggest gripe about meat today. Pay the extra $ and buy hormone-free.

In the early '80s, I did a research paper for my English 102 class entitled: VEGETARIAN DIETS - DO THEY REALLY WORK? True, no single bean, pea, lentil, or grain contains all the amino acids, but you can get them through food combining. I was convinced that I could eliminate poultry and fish and be okay with it.

I'm not one of these PETA card carrying, condensending, self-righteous people that try to tell others what to do. I consider myself to have better than average skills in the kitchen and when I have dinner parties, no one complains that there is no meat. It's stricly a personal choice, and I would never be so rude to criticize a friend at a restaurant (or anywhere) because they eat meat. Live and let live is my motto.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would not buy anything with chemical ingredients that I couldn't easily pronounce.
I always loved this criterion for what should or should not be eaten!

Every time you eat an organically-grown apple, you consume substantial amounts of hydroxybutanedioic acid

polymeric polysaccharides

(2R,3S,4R,5R)-2,5-Bis(hydroxymethyl)oxolane-2,3,4-triol

(R)-3,4-dihydroxy-5-((S)- 1,2-dihydroxyethyl)furan-2(5H)-one

(2E,4E,6E,8E)-3,7-dimethyl- 9-(2,6,6-trimethylcyclohex-1-enyl) nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-ol

(2R)-2,5,7,8-Tetramethyl-2-[(4R,8R)-4,8,12
-trimethyltridecyl]-3,4-dihydro-2H-chromen-6-ol

(S)-2-(4-((2-amino-4-hydroxypteridin-6-yl)methylamino)benzamido)pentanedioic acid

and various phenolic and ester compounds.

Last edited:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC Deep: Love the technical analysis! The older I get, the more I appreciate science.
Sorry, I just couldn't resist.:wink:

I know people who won't eat anything with added 2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylic acid, but added citric acid is OK. What they don't realize is that those are the same thing.

A lot of times those unpronounceable ingredients are just purified natural products.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Even worse... the harvesting of crops, especially with the combines necessary to meet world food demand, kills hundreds of millions of small animals... varmints, voles and mice, eveyr year... and a certain amount of this "protein" ends up in processed vegetables and grains.

For Humans...There is no eating without killing....in one form or another.
And there are certain amino acids that we can not get in sufficient quantity from plant sources.

Vegans are living in a fantasy world of imaginary non-violence...

I say death is natural- ALL living things must die.... and ALL living things, in dying, provide food for other living things.

You can get a fairly complete run of amino acids and proteins from: tomatoes, soybeans and sunflower seed. There was an effort to geneticly mate the sunflower and soybean, calling it the "sunbean", but never found out if the result meant anything.

But what it comes down to, is if you rely less on meat and more on grains, you have more food to go around.

I'm not a vegan, but I tend to eat less meat. And in periods of time where I do not eat meat for a few days I notice a sense of calm, weight loss and easier sleeping. But I still crave chicken or steak.