Vegas Spa Cruising

drainedmt

Legendary Member
Media
Going to be at Mandalay this week. Hoping to get into some hot fun.

Does anyone know if I can access the spa if I am not staying at the MB but at an MGM resort?

Unfortunately you cannot.

I was staying at the Luxor and was not permitted to used MB facilities.

Only MB and Delano guests can.

drainedmt

Legendary Member
Media
Exactly. I’ve never stayed at MB but have visited the spa a number of times by booking a treatment. :)

Of course.

I got access to Qua by getting a haircut!

I thought DLSurfGuy was asking about general spa passes, which are just for guests.

Maybe I'll see you around, rippedpecs.

Tom_samuels22

Expert Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
  1. I love Vegas spas and spa crusing. There used to be a website devoted to Vegas spa cruising run by a local. He shut down about 4 years ago, but his website had a review and ranking of Vegas spas and their level of crusing activities. It was a great resource, so I wanted to do something like that here. I'm in Vegas about four times a year and have covered a fair bit of ground Below is a brief review of the many spas I've visited. Feel free to add any that I have yet to try.

Canyon Ranch: Crusie level: Medium
    The facility is large and beautiful.

Amenities-Steam room, Sauna, Inhalation room, Experiential Showers, 1 hot tub and heated stone loungers, lounge, snacks, semi private sleeping area.

There is a large co-ed common area, separate from the spa, with a salt grotto and wave room.

Cruising-Getting lucky here is hit or miss. The spa is either nearly empty or very active, but when it's active there is fun to be had. Guys range from 20's to 60's. The Inhalation room is towards the back and semi private for hj's/bj's. The steam room is way too hot, but the steam is thick and can provide some cover. Some of the showers have a partial walls, but the shower doors don't lock or go from floor to ceiling, so it's somewhat risky.

There is a bathroom outside the spa, by the gym, that is quiet and good for some quick fun.

Wynn Spa- Cruising Level-Low
    Small and sophisticated

Amenities- Sauna, Steam, Hot Tub, lounge, snacks, natural light.

Cruising- I've been twice, and did have not luck either visit. I had the spa to myself most of the time, and the few guys who came in were a bathing suit crowd. Good for a proper relaxing afternoon, not good for crusing.

Encore Spa- Cruising level-
    Low/Medium
    Over the top beauty and luxury.

Amenities- 2 large hot tubs, 2 cold plunges, heated loungers, deluge showers, steam room, sauna, lounge, snacks, natural light, napping room.

Cruising- The spa is open and very bright, but there are places to play. I've had a few fun experiences here, but the spa is very quiet. The steam room, when fully steamed, gives you cover to mess around. The deluge showers and hot tubs are in an open area and give you the opportunity to show off and strut. Showers are large and private, with floor to ceiling wood doors. The staff isn't very intrusive, so if you're careful, the showers are an option. The bathroom has stalls that go floor to ceiling, so if you go in without being seen you can have some fun in there, or at the urinals which have shallow dividers. Older crowd.

Flamingo Spa-Cruising Level -Low
    Dated spa.

Amemities- Hot tubs, steam room, sauna,
    a lounge that isn't really a lounge.

Cruising- Skip this spa. I visited once and I don't think this will ever be a cruise-y crowd. The spa facility is small, run down and was generally not well kept. It's like a spa area at your local gym. Lot's of bathing suits, middle aged crowd.

Spa Mandalay- Cruising Level- Medium/High
    Ah Man-Bay. Showing it's age but still alluring with a themed design.

Amenities-Hot/warm/cold hot tubs, Sauna, Steam room, lounge with snacks.

Cruising- I've always been lucky at Man-Bay. The hot tubs are good for showing off. The sauna isn't suited for playing, but the steam room is the kicker. The seating area for the steam room is set around a corner, once you enter, and there are two sets of doors leading into the main area. That means there is plenty of warning and therefore privacy. Lot's of group play, bjs and hjs in that steam room. Urinals in bathroom have no dividers, and a good place to show off.

Sahara Spa at Cosmo- Cruising level- Low/Medium
    Chic design, small facility.

Amenities- Hot tub with rain shower, loungers, sauna, steam room, cold mist room, lounge, snacks.

Cruising- The cosmo spa has also been hit or miss, about 50/50 in terms of action. Busier in the later parts of the day, and a younger crowd. This also mean a lot of straight guys in groups/pairs and bathing suits. The steam room is conducive to play, as it is hard to see in, and the cold mist room has a frosted glass door, so, somewhat private. The lounger/hot tub area work for strutting and showing off, but not much more.

Qua-Cruising Level-High
    Large facility, gorgeous design, even if it has aged a bit.

Amenities- Roman Baths with rain waterfall, heated stone loungers, hot tub, artic room, sauna, steam room, shaving room, lounge, snacks.

Cruising- I've never left Qua without getting off. Even when it is slow, there is still someone to play with, if you aren't too picky. This is my favorite spot. Lot's of places to fool around. The steam room is semi private when steamed. The arctic room is semi private as well, when sitting on the bench. The hot tub in the back is good for a feel, and the roman baths are good for showing off/jo. The benches outside the sauna are a good place to let your towel hang open. The shaving room has a semi private corner, but if someone gets up to "shower", you have a totally blocked view. The darker colors and low light give this space a relaxing atmosphere and sexy energy. The showers are semi private, but the handi-cap stall has a private shower section that can't been seen through the frosted glass. Staff is very active, so use your head. There are two bathroom stalls separate from the rest, where some understall action can be had. Always something going down at Qua. In the begining all the doors had frosted glass, but they are long gone. For a while, Qua had a manager that would stand in the wet areas and babysit, he is no longer around after many complaints. The staff is active but they know what goes on in the spa areas. So be discrete and use your head.

drainedmt

Legendary Member
Media
One of the MB patrons complained to the attendants that guys were having sex in the steam room today.

The attendant asked him if he wanted to point out the guys so that he could give them a warning but he said no.

The attendant then immediately went into the steam room and sauna to check (I was in the sauna by myself).

So don't be surprised if there are some more checks over the next couple of days.

Reactions: CUBE

thick_thin

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Was at MB and Qua this weekend. Both were nice for relaxing and looking. Way too many people at Qua on Monday to really do much, although a few guys jumping from spot to spot and trying to subtly jo to get interest.

I get MB on steam layout, but otherwise I felt it was just "meh". I get why it's cheaper. Again, guys looking but I think most who wanted to do anything would get put off by extra audience.

SteamStroke

Experimental Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
New member here and the timing couldn't be better.

Love the steamroom/spa scene as my name suggests.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm at the Delano and going to check out the Mandalay Bay spa today. Hope to meet some cool guys.

How frequently do the attendants patrol?

Reactions: buckhunter37

Tom_samuels22

Expert Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
New member here and the timing couldn't be better.

Love the steamroom/spa scene as my name suggests.

Thanks for the reviews. I'm at the Delano and going to check out the Mandalay Bay spa today. Hope to meet some cool guys.

How frequently do the attendants patrol?
At Mandalay, not frequently in my experience. The steam room is pretty private. That being said, some guys behave like they are at a bathhouse when cruising at the Strip spas. If you're new to the Strip Spas, there is usually a mix of guys wanting to play and guys just on vacation and wanting a relaxing afternoon at the Spa. I've seen a few people kicked out and security called when guys were caught fooling around (specifically at Qua and ManBay) or being too aggressive. Best to be subtle in my experience. Have fun!