Vegetarian Benefits?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm vegetarian and have been for almost 2.5 years now. During this time, I've noticed a higher sex-drive, more spunk, harder (further) orgasms and nicer-tasting spunk too.

Other veggie mates have said that veggies tend to have bigger dicks too but I'm on the fence on that one.

Anyone else veggie or know of any cock-related benefits?

I have to agree with the rock hard erections (due to good arterial health - very low fat and no blood flow obstructions) and the better tasting semen.

But I don't see how it helps penis size. I've been my current size long before I became a vegetarian. This is the first I've heard of this, although the harder erections and better tasting semen concepts have been around for years. Where did you hear this? What is the mechanism that would make a vegetarian's dick bigger?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most of our teeth are closer in shape and function to that or herbivores than carnivores.

Yes we have large and small instestines. So do most other animals. My point is we have a very long convoluted intestinal tract similar to herbivores not the short tract of carnivores.

The point being -- if our teeth and our digestive system are shaped like herbivores, should we not take that as a clue that the bulk of our diet should be plant based? Obviously I and many other vegetarians think that's a reasonable conclusion.

I imagine the teeth shape issue is a great source of debate. Grinding is'nt confined to just vegetation and the fact that our front teeth are canined suggest meat eater on their own.
Of course we are not going to have the exact same innerds as a carnivore, but nor herbivore.
I don't think negatively towards anyone choosing not to eat meat any more than i would against someone who chose to only eat meat, its all choice but whatever the choice only a balanced diet is regarded as healthy so its easier for most people to just eat both meat and veg. I'm not saying that you cannot get every protein and mineral found in meat from a vegetable source etc but meat is easy and tasty and requires less quantities, i mean how many nuts would you have to eat to gain the equivalent iron content in a small steak?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I sincerely apologise ML, my intention was'nt to snub the vegan lifestyle in any way . just pointing out we are by nature not vegan, i did'nt say anywhere that it was wrong to choose to be so. And all the reasons you gave to promote the vegan lifestyle are valid indeed, it may be better in actuality to be vegan but that's just not how we are as a species, would we have survived an ice age if we did'nt eat meat?

:redface: i need a tone filter so bad. i didn't for a minute think ya were bashing a lifestyle, Mr. Mitchymo. you are a nice guy, and not prone to being the bashy with your personal belief system type. you just added ya own opinion, and did so respectfully and fair like.

i didn't mean for my post to read all persnickety/cranky. well maybe a bit at this AlphaSpartan person.... but i really don't have a leg to stand on if i am going to yell at someone for posting off topic.

so, my bad.. no harm from you :smile:

if ya are interested i do have some awesome links on vegetarianism and revolutionary thinking.. good reading for a budding political type :D

AlphaSpartan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:redface: i need a tone filter so bad. i didn't for a minute think ya were bashing a lifestyle, Mr. Mitchymo. you are a nice guy, and not prone to being the bashy with your personal belief system type. you just added ya own opinion, and did so respectfully and fair like.

i didn't mean for my post to read all persnickety/cranky. well maybe a bit at this AlphaSpartan person.... but i really don't have a leg to stand on if i am going to yell at someone for posting off topic.

so, my bad.. no harm from you :smile:

if ya are interested i do have some awesome links on vegetarianism and revolutionary thinking.. good reading for a budding political type :D
I'm down for a read, I don't know a ton about Vegetarianism. I only know that my current diet (of meats and fruits and vegetables) and lifestyle have given me a life that I love.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I imagine the teeth shape issue is a great source of debate. Grinding is'nt confined to just vegetation and the fact that our front teeth are canined suggest meat eater on their own.
Of course we are not going to have the exact same innerds as a carnivore, but nor herbivore.
I don't think negatively towards anyone choosing not to eat meat any more than i would against someone who chose to only eat meat, its all choice but whatever the choice only a balanced diet is regarded as healthy so its easier for most people to just eat both meat and veg. I'm not saying that you cannot get every protein and mineral found in meat from a vegetable source etc but meat is easy and tasty and requires less quantities, i mean how many nuts would you have to eat to gain the equivalent iron content in a small steak?

My wife was anemic and the doctor told her to eat lots of dried apricots because they were very high in iron. 1/2 cup of white beans have as much iron as 3.5 ounces of beef. So do 4 ozs of sunflower seeds. Just two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds have TWICE the iron as 3.5 ozs. of beef. Plus plant foods are high in fiber and low in fat compared to beef.

IRON CONTENT OF FOODS

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm down for a read, I don't know a ton about Vegetarianism. I only know that my current diet (of meat and fruits and vegetables) and lifestyle have given me a life that I love.

i'll pass the links on. the sites aren't so much dedicated to the diet, more the mindset behind adopting the lifestyle. lots of talk about divisions of wealth and resources. the true cost of a westernized life. blahblahblah.. links on the way.

i'll toss in some diet/food combining stuff when i send.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Someone correct me on this, but I've been given to understand that soy is the only "complete" vegetable protein that offers more nutritional benefits (without being eaten with a grain such as rice, wheat, barley, corn, etc.) than meat alone.

That didn't sound right but I had to research it for you --

While dairy and egg products provide complete sources for lacto-ovo vegetarians, the only vegetable sources with significant amounts of all eight types of essential amino acids are lupin, soy, hempseed, chia seed, amaranth, buckwheat, and quinoa.

(From the Wikipedia article on Vegetarianism)

OMG! If you haven't had quinoa (keen-wah) you have to try it. Delicious. But I love grains and seeds anyway.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My wife was anemic and the doctor told her to eat lots of dried apricots because they were very high in iron. 1/2 cup of white beans have as much iron as 3.5 ounces of beef. So do 4 ozs of sunflower seeds. Just two tablespoons of pumpkin seeds have TWICE the iron as 3.5 ozs. of beef. Plus plant foods are high in fiber and low in fat compared to beef.

IRON CONTENT OF FOODS

Well i've learnt something new today then, now how do we make them things taste good? :tongue:

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While I will agree that our bodies do not function best on a meat-based diet, to say we evolved as vegetarians is not correct. During the Australopithicene era, two lines diverged -- one, the "robust" line, evolved stronger jaw musculature (and skull crests to accommodate those muscles) for extracting more nutrition from a solely vegetarian diet. The other line, which ultimately led to the genus Homo, were the "graciles" who, rather than evolving to better process plant foods, were incorporating animal foods (typically believed to be scavenged remains from other predators) which were more calorie-dense and included nutrients necessary for greater brain development (our brain is the largest consumer of calories per volume in our body). Additionally, lacking the saggital crests (seen today most prominently in skulls of gorillas, who are more strictly vegetarian than chimpanzees) allowed for our skulls to expand more readily as we matured, to accommodate a larger brain.

As for our intestinal system, it does not most closely resemble that of herbivores, who typically have some sort of "fermentation chamber" allowing greater efficiency of cellulose breakdown. Our intestinal system actually very closely resembles that of the pig in terms of large and small intestine proportionate to our body mass. And pigs are known to commonly incorporate animal protein (yes, even scavenging carcasses) in the wild.

I think there might be some confusion over the definition of the term "herbivore" versus "carnivore" and "omnivore." "Herbivore" does not mean the same thing as "vegetarian." A herbivore extracts the majority of its calories from "herbage" or leaves (browsers) and/or grasses (grazers). Herbivores are vegetarian, but not all vegetarians are herbivores. There are also granivores (grain or seed eaters) and frugivores (fruit eaters). "Omnivore" often equates to something that eats meat and vegetables, but really means eating virtually anything that could be food. Omnivores are not as efficient at metabolizing plant material as herbivores/granivores/frugivores, but are better at it than are carnivores. And even within carnivores, there are degrees. Obligate carnivores (cats, for example) cannot prosper without meat, whereas opportunistic carnivores (most bears, for example) typically only occasionally eat meat.

Today, with the range of foods available due to agriculture, it is very possible for humans to be healthy as vegetarians as long as "healthy vegetarianism" is practiced (as in, not just removing meat, but adding other stuff). If someone ate crappily while also eating meat, simply eliminating the meat won't make the person healthy.

The "protein dilemma" is really not as serious as it seems. The typical American diet is way higher in protein than is necessary, anyway. I remember learning that for maintenance, one gram of protein per kilogram of body mass is the general guide. And it's been found that eating complimentary proteins (bean and grain, for example) does not need to occur in the same meal. Amino acids (protein building blocks) are stored in the liver for 24-48 hours if not immediately necessary.

Yes, soy is a "complete" plant protein, in that it contains all the "essential" amino acids (those we can't produce on our own) but not in the correct proportion. I don't remember which it is the lowest in, but whenever you are measuring consumed protein, the available protein for the body is dictated by the amount of the least-consumed essential amino acid. So if you need 20 units of each essential amino acid, and have 20 for all but one, of which you consumed only 10, then your available complete protein is only 10 units. So if you eat a lot of soy, you still need to be getting additional protein from non-legume sources. And there are other "complete protein" foods that aren't from animals. Quinoa and/or amaranth (both are grains) come to mind at the moment, but I can't remember which or if both fit the bill.

Soy digestibility is made possible by heating the bean (or whatever form it is in) to deactivate the protein-inhibiting molecules (can't remember the name off the top of my head....long day). Oh, and by the way, a lot of the "soy controversy" was promoted by the various meat and dairy industries, typically using soy that had NOT been heated before feeding to test animals for their nutrition trials. And to those who say men eating soy will lose virility and have lower sperm counts, I ask how is it that soy has been consumed in Asian cultures for centuries, and there's no shortage of Asian people?

I believe one can be healthy AND eat meat, though not to the degree of consumption promoted in American culture. Eating meat and animal products was seen to be a sign of wealth and prosperity. After all, you have to feed an animal food that could be eaten directly by people, or grass that was grown on land that could have been used to grow human-edible food, which uses more resources per calorie. So I think that figuring out how to produce meat cheaply has been seen as a way to give the impression that America is a wealthy country. But cheap meat isn't healthy meat, and eating it more often because it's cheaper is not the way to go.

I eat a mostly vegetarian diet, but I do consume pastured meat a few times a month. It's more expensive, but in terms of my monthly food expenses, it still costs less to eat the way I do than to eat some kind of cheap meat at every meal. I try to eat food as close to its natural state as possible (more whole grains versus flour-based foods, plenty of veggies cooked simply such as by steam, saute or roasting, etc). I believe this most closely resembles the diet that works best for our bodies. But I'm no one special, so don't take this as some kind of proclamation that everyone has to follow. I'm just sharing my opinion based on facts I've learned over the years.

:)

Last edited:

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well i've learnt something new today then, now how do we make them things taste good? :tongue:

Very simple, Mitchy...incorporate them into something you already eat. Lightly toast the seeds and mix them into a salad. Or try adding them to a rice pilaf. Maybe just make a bunch at a time and eat them as snacks instead of potato chips or cookies between meals.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

IRON CONTENT OF FOODS

I totally hear you on this, and agree that there are plenty of sources of needed nutrients that are not animal-based, however I do want to add one little wrench. The iron content is measured within the food item, but does not take into account its bioavailability. By this I mean, for example, if two different food sources contain the same amount of a mineral, but one food source is 85% digestible for humans and the other is 35% digestible, then the amount of the mineral available for human absorption is not the same between the two. Spinach, for example, has a lot of measurable calcium within the leaves, but it also has a lot of oxalates (type of mineral salt) which reduces the absorption of calcium in our intestines.

Again, let me reiterate that I personally agree that a balanced, mainly (if not entirely) vegetarian diet is the way to go, I must concede that humans are much more easily able to absorb iron via digesting blood (as in red-meat) than by digesting iron-rich plant food sources. That being said, if a person eats a healthy vegetarian diet, it's very easy to consume enough absorbable iron. Just as the doctor recommended, often it's just a matter of throwing an additional "snack" of a particular food into your daily diet.

Watta Bing

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I too have been told that my spunk tastes and smells good. I had never heard of the theory until she mentioned it to me. It's interesting to find out that others feel this way. Not so sure about the cock growth though?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
AquaEyes11010 is smart. We will keep him!

About adding quinoa and amaranth: Mexicans and Central Americans (and indigenous folks of western countries of South America) have been noshing on these grains for thousands of years. They make small "bars" of the seeds bound together with a mixture of honey and egg whites. They also mix other small grains the same way. You'll see them sold in street markets and most often some woman will be wandering around the central square of a small town with a tray on top of her head that's stacked high with a variety of these "seed' cakes. Keeping up with modern times they also make "bars" from a mixture of shelled peanuts and popped pop corn. They are quite tasty, although it's not uncommon to crunch down of a piece of ash or dirt when munching away. But they are better tasting (to me, anyway) than the overly processed granola bars foisted upon the unknowing public as "healthy" by Quaker Oats. They also make similar cakes out of millet.
For me they are much more satisfying than Rice Krispy Treats.

As for the chia seeds, I have to add a bad anecdote. First, the seeds can become a pain for anyone into high-maintenance dental hygiene (as I am). Add a little water to a half cup of chia sees and you suddenly have a full cup of seeds that looks like the seeds are covered in mucus. Nasty little buggers to remove from your teeth. Lots of dental floss. That's also why someone is now a billionaire, having invented "The Chia Pet", Chia head, chia fusion automobile . . . . But WAY BACK in the early 1970s I subsisted on a meatless macrobiotic diet for many years and I ate quite well, thank you. However, some of the recipes included included chia seeds. Around the same time Cher introduced a song with the words "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves." I only heard "gypsies, chia seeds" for several years, until I eventually saw the sheet music with printed lyrics. My bad.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's also why someone is now a billionaire, having invented "The Chia Pet", Chia head, chia fusion automobile . . . . But WAY BACK in the early 1970s I subsisted on a meatless macrobiotic diet for many years and I ate quite well, thank you. However, some of the recipes included included chia seeds. Around the same time Cher introduced a song with the words "Gypsies, tramps, and thieves." I only heard "gypsies, chia seeds" for several years, until I eventually saw the sheet music with printed lyrics. My bad.

1 -- I love my men to be Chia Pets. Covered in hair. Ooooooh baby.

2 -- I love mondegreens! Hysterical.
Mondegreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of my favorites is Robert Palmer's Addicted to Love in which the line:
You might as well face it you're addicted to love
is misheard as
You might as well face it you're a dick with a glove.

Check out www.kissthisguy.com for a good laugh fest.

3 -- We now return you to your regular program, already in progress.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think anyone said that.

Well, I'm not going to go back and quote everything, but there were comments saying our bodies are not "meant" to eat meat, such as with our teeth, digestive tract, etc being more similar to those of herbivores, which isn't true.