Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
nopers.

after a decade plus of being vegetarian i've kind of lost my taste for meat. not chewing on critter is pretty well engrained.

is kinda like all the talk about headless cows/chickens being cloned. is like the mass of humans see animals are pets or portion size neatly packaged on a styrofoam tray. growing parts in a vat, ew.

on a world wide level... the money spent on research, the resources spent on development.. to produce a product that'll be priced out of most the world wide food budget? seems wiser to work on developing a more complete plant based protein. something developing countries could produce/distribute across the economic spectrum.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Pretty much agree with Ms. Lee. ^^

No I wouldn't stop being vegetarian to eat lab meat. It sounds disgusting and what is the point of it? If I want meat, I can just go down to the corner market and get the real thing. Or slaughter Fiona... But I luv her so that won't happen. :smile:

D_Bubba_Butter

Account Disabled
Media

No I wouldn't stop being vegetarian to eat lab meat. It sounds disgusting and what is the point of it? If I want meat, I can just go down to the corner market and get the real thing. Or slaughter Fiona... But I luv her so that won't happen. :smile:

Who's Fiona?

Ren69

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Where did this muscle cell culture come from? If it came from an animal then it is against vegetarianism and a vegan definitely could not eat it. A strict strict vegan doesn't eat eggs or cheese or dairy product either since they come from an animal.

People are designed to eat nuts, fruit, vegetables and other nourish items such as grains which grow from the ground. Meats are merely extras, but are not required to live.

And now for all vegetarians, a reminder.....you have eaten meat many times, just didn't know it. when the buffalo dies or the rabbit or any other animal out in the wilderness, if the hawks and vultures don't swoop in and eat it, it decays, becomes part of the ground and the soil and the rain washes remnants towards the river and that water is taken and used to water the farms and orchards.......yes, buffalo is in that apple or orange or handful of cashews you are eating.:biggrin1: Probably even people.:eek:

I remember the only thing Hoss never ate in Bonanza was people!! lol

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*faux-pouts at Ms. Dragon*
meat eaters don't sit down to a raw hunk of cow leg
vegetarians are known to throw a lil somethin'somethin' to flavor our kibble up.

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm. I think in theory I would try it, even though it doesn't sound particularly appealing. I was a vegetarian for almost 10 years and don't particularly like meat anyway, I started eating it again for health reasons not because I missed it.

If I could get all of the benefits of meat without any animals being killed I think I would prefer it. However, considering the quality of meat is influenced by diet and lifestyle of the animal I'd be a bit sceptical of the lab grown stuff.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Mr. Vince is a vegetarian?
*crush goes supernova*

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I was a vegetarian for maybe 2 years, for no real reason other than someone telling me I'd never be able to be one.

The thought of an entire meal that doesn't involve meat brings me out in a rash, I'll do it if we're having vegetarians over for dinner, just like I smoke outside if we have non-smokers over (or put it out, if someone sits next to me in town and doesn't light up!) and I would try the lab grown stuff and may even consider switching to it, but I'm a meat eater and honestly, don't see them coming up with anything that comes remotely close to a nice t-bone!