Veiled Racism in America, on LPSG

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How does it keep bumping to the top?

Once a thread is closed, it's still open to moderators, so that a moderator can enter a post to explain why it's been closed. This time, one moderator was in the middle of typing a post while another moderator was closing the thread and explaining why, so both posts got added to the thread, bumping it twice.

Sometimes we 'bump into' each other that way. More of an accident than a conspiracy.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
mindseye said:
How does it keep bumping to the top?

Once a thread is closed, it's still open to moderators, so that a moderator can enter a post to explain why it's been closed. This time, one moderator was in the middle of typing a post while another moderator was closing the thread and explaining why, so both posts got added to the thread, bumping it twice.

Sometimes we 'bump into' each other that way. More of an accident than a conspiracy.
Ahhhh, OK. Like I said, I wasn't trying to stir anything up, I was just curious how it went up 3 times.

Yup, looking at it, there were the 2 Lex comments, and the 1 Pappy comment after the closure.

Thanks

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
this is one time i think we should've left the thread open. whichever posters were bickering back and forth should have been told/warned to stop (preferably via pm). then, to go a step further, the posts that contained the ill-tempered bickering could have been deleted – but if not, that’s okay, too. once that was settled we could have continued in the way of intelligent conversation; that thread could have proved to be rather enlightening. i felt the same way about the thread started by DWTwhats-his-face.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Me too, Gonnie. I was talking to a friend about it on the phone as I was preparing a post that never got posted. He's a Long Island resident of Italian heritage. He's old enough to be my father, but his girlfriends tend to be my age and younger, and always ethnic minorities. He's willing to date white women (he married one once), it just doesn't usually happen. Anyway, he didn't know what I was talking about when I used the phrase veiled racism. I asked him when was the last time someone treated himm like he was a wop, but never called him such a disrespectful thing; treated him like a guinny, but smiled at him and used all the right niceties in all the right places. I asked him if he ever noticed he got treated differently out on the Island when I was with him than when he was with someone who could more readily pass as white. Suddenly, he knew exactly what I meant. I wanted that thread to be just like that, and I'm sorry I allowed it to get bogged the way it did.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This thread was initially closed because it had become a pissing contest.

Since that time, there has been overwhelming MEMBER response that they feel that this discussion should be allowed to continue.

That being said, this thread is being re-opened.

Posters who post venom at others will be warned and then action will be taken.

We hope that this thread can generate intelligent discourse as the Holocaust Thread did, reagarsless of the initial intent it had.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dr. Dilznick said:
The Moderators do not owe anyone an explanation when a thread is closed? Really?

Speaking for myself, I think that we (mods) should offer an explanation in those cases.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Stronzo said:
Welcome Matthew!

The clouds have disappeared and the sky is clear overhead. Good to have you here.

Forecast calls for more rain.

However, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pappy said:
Stronzo you should decide which side of your face you're going to use here. You're the main one that wanted the thread closed.

Oh he's busy whining, don't confuse him with his own bad behavior. HOWEVER, this is one good reason to never take anything he says seriously.