Vent: Asian Gay Guy (mixed Asian) And Feel Like I'm Wasting Time With Non Asian Gay Guys

toochill

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Feel like it's actually gotten worse than I remember!

the explicity rudeness is gone but i often am interacting with gay guys and just have this palpable feeling of "these guys literally will never give me the time of day unless I magically pull somethign out of my back pocket they want"

and now im probably overly conscious of it, but i notice weird looks when im walking with non-asian attractive friends who im not even dating but like what if i was?!?!? don't be looking at my not-my-boyfriend-platonic friend with those thirsty eyes like im not there and then smirk when u finally look at me

idk. I guess it's frustrating because i also don't have many gay asian friends so it feels like i'm just kind of rolling with the punches on my own, no sub-community "within the community".

I don't feel like a victim or that it's unfair....heck im part of the problem too with some of my habits of being nicer to people im attracted to, etc. but it feels like within the gay community and culture i find myslef doing things to like cheer on the mainstream image and celebration of a white gay prototype.

and i don't want to write a blog about it, i just wish there was more asian gay or queer guys to talk shit and laugh about the absurdity of it all

heinz.friedrich

Expert Member
Media
I don't feel like a victim or that it's unfair....heck im part of the problem too with some of my habits of being nicer to people im attracted to, etc. but it feels like within the gay community and culture i find myslef doing things to like cheer on the mainstream image and celebration of a white gay prototype.

The victim mentality is bad, I agree with you on that, then you feel inferior to others.

Maybe if you can change your preference, others can do it, too. Then you can teach them, how to do it.
That is the same problem a lot of people have that dont fit the prototype also a lot of other people (for example also white people that are ugly).

and now im probably overly conscious of it, but i notice weird looks when im walking with non-asian attractive friends who im not even dating but like what if i was?!?!? don't be looking at my not-my-boyfriend-platonic friend with those thirsty eyes like im not there and then smirk when u finally look at me

If they search in a shallow manner, they will attract shallow people. So they dig their own grave, they will never attract people with virtue.

the explicity rudeness is gone but i often am interacting with gay guys and just have this palpable feeling of "these guys literally will never give me the time of day unless I magically pull somethign out of my back pocket they want"
You said it in a funny way. But those magical teachings are the only things, I know, that really tackle the topic. If you send them love and kindness then they usually feel it, if you believe in it. And you have to love yourself, too, so others can see it. You reprogram your unconsciousness and your hormones in that way.

D

deleted2272111

Hello, fellow Asian here. In my case, the non-Asians who like me just fetishize me. I really want to like some guy. The guys who try to talk to me do so just because I'm Asian. Although I'd like to date fellow Asians who understand me, I think it's hard to interact with them since I don't know where to look! HAHA

Reactions: Fishsqueezee69

Fishsqueezee69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Feel like it's actually gotten worse than I remember!

idk. I guess it's frustrating because i also don't have many gay asian friends so it feels like i'm just kind of rolling with the punches on my own, no sub-community "within the community".

and i don't want to write a blog about it, i just wish there was more asian gay or queer guys to talk shit and laugh about the absurdity of it all
Hello! I am Latino (Puertorrican) and I use to date white men so I think I understand where you are coming from. I guess the question is, do you feel like you are only interested in White men? If so, why?

You just need to step out of your comfort zone. The minute you do, things will change.

It's not the fact you are dating white men but it's the "type" of gay white men you are hanging out with, dating etc.