/Vent

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by IntoxicatingToxin, Jan 27, 2009.

1. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Grr!! I have a boyfriend that lives overseas, which means that all of our communicating is done via the interwebz. My rant, however, is about the absolute SHITE headsets I seem to be buying. I have gone through THREE headsets in FOUR fucking months. And I'm spending $30 a pop on them. They're not the cheapest ones around, but I can't afford the more expensive ones. What the fuck is the life expectancy of a decent mid-grade headset for Christ's sake? Here I am, tired, relaxed, comfortable in my cozy bed, typing to the love of my life on MSN because yet another headset is laying broken beside me. *grumble* And it's not the "snap in two" kind of break, it's the "fucked up wiring" breakage. Hate.

/end vent.

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

When I was having a LDR there was no such thing as internet, Just really high phone bills and...
    YouTube - The Carpenters - Please Mr. Postman
    Feel better?
    PS... buy the good ones, think of the cost of buying the crap ones five times and you've paid for them.

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Yeah, I've just been stuck in this vicious circle of headset-buying. I'm unemployed at the moment, so my income is limited. It would take me ages (without a job, anyway) to come up with enough money for the good headset, and I don't like going that long without talking to my baby, so I get the cheaper ones that I can afford sooner. But then they break faster. :<

4. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    What kind are you using?

Logitech ClearChat are, in my experience, very good.

(Hopefully it's not those.)

5. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

The last two I've purchased are GigaWare brand. :<

6. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    I get mine really cheap, from the Pound Store (where everything costs £1). The headphones style one didn't last long - it snapped in half, but the earpiece style one is lasting ok.

7. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    HAD a beautiful old set (Pioneer) that i got from a 2nd hand Hospice shop TMM
    Would have been IDEAL for you
    Anyone could have had 'raging sex' solo or 3somes .. with them tucked between yr legs .. and i am sure they would have survived
    --BUT-- my Uncle fckn stole them off me duuh'
    Asshole;
    enz
    hint try a 2nd hand shop>

Draft saved Draft deleted