verizon email and yahoo

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone else not get yahoo email in there verizon account inbox. I made a purchase at a place who has yahoo.com email and I am not getting there email and I can't even send myself an email from yahoo.com to my verizon inbox. Does anyone know what this is about.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
While I have no personal experience with Verizon, I can almost assure you that it's about anti-spam techniques used by large ISP's to filter a glut of inbound mail. I have constant issues with mail to/from Hotmail and my regular ISP. If it's something important, I make sure it's Hotmail-to-Hotmail, Yahoo-to-Yahoo, etc.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks for your response

It would be difficult to be able to determine what email someone is going to use for support before placing an order online. And I certainly can't possibly have email accounts at all of them. Verizon does have somekind of yahoo portal email for there new subscribers. I however have had it so long I have the older incoming.verizon.net server account.

D

deleted213967

Don't use Verizon. Their e-mail technology a decade behind. Their SPAM "filtering" is a sad joke and it is so freaking slow and clunky.

When's your birthday? We'll buy you Yahoo Plus.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone else not get yahoo email in there verizon account inbox. I made a purchase at a place who has yahoo.com email and I am not getting there email and I can't even send myself an email from yahoo.com to my verizon inbox. Does anyone know what this is about.
I have Verizon and i could use it with Yahoo or MSN and it didnt work well. I dont like Yahoo or MSN. I just use the Verizon for email and its fine.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I just changed over from Verizon to Comcast yesterday. Verizon was always screwing up my Yahoo e-mail so I made a habit of accessing it via Yahoo only, completely ignoring the Verizon Yahoo e-mail box (you have the choice of using regular Yahoo or Verizon Yahoo at the top of the e-mail page.)

B_Dustydo

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I find MSN to be very unstable.
I wasn't happy with the previous version of Yahoo so I up dated it a few days ago.
It will be interesting to see if it's more reliable than the last one.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Forget Verizon's (or any other commercial network carrier) email system...go with Gmail.

I never have any problem receiving mail from any of the other free providers (hotmail/msn, yahoo, etc), and I haven't had any problems with my emails going out, either.

You can also use POP3 clients (like Thunderbird, Evolution, or Outlook/Express) to check your Gmail account.