Vermont senate votes to call for impeachment of bush/cheney

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I know... just helping to raise awareness when civic leaders take time, money and effort to vote and/or proclaim on measures that are light years from our control. I'm all for stating an opinion, but use that effort to fix more potholes, help schools, and so forth.

The situation is not just an "either/or"; it's a "both/and". Attend to the usual pragmatic duties of state AND enact symbolic initiatives as well.

Besides --- Congress did have time to spend/waste over President Clinton, ascertaining why his DNA matched that of the semen on a blue dress. (Yes, I now that lying under oath was actually the concern, but Clinton should have simply said that the matter was not the business of the public). How can worrying about semen stains be any more beneficial in terms of use of time than worrying about a President who may have acted unlawfully in matters of war?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Once every three months or so, I have this dream that Bush Jr. calls an impromptu session of Congress. He announces to the Congress and the to American public that he and top administrative officials are resigning...

and then I wake up.... that sounds more like the UK with the prime minister's prerogative to disband hsi cabinet and call an election.....

Shame when one has to wake up and find reality much where one left it. A non binding resolution in one state isn't much but it's a start, though I don't see it going much further.

BTW it's not the PM's prerogative but that of the Monarch, the PM can only do so with their permission.