Veronica_Divine's amazing breasts

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was sure Veronica was a guy because one look at the stories she wrote reveals they're written by a guy - but wouldn't any voice clip sound like a man if the scale was lowered?

Yes, that's pretty easy to do. The thing is, when I heard Veronica's voice clip (the original one, not the lowered pitch one), it sounded like it was a synthesized voice-- they just don't sound the same as a real high pitched, female voice. They are almost unmistakable in the way that they change a voice and that's what VD's sounded like to me.

Cal's reprocessing to man just further degrades the clip and to me shows only that you can easily alter a voice to change pitch. The more damning evidence, to me, is the way the original clip sounds. There's a website called Audio4Fun that has a piece of software you can download here. If anyone is interested, try it out. I'd encourage some of the guys to post recordings of themselves as women and see if they think VD's clip is real or not rather than rely on the speculation here alone.

The thing is, even if VD is a man, I can see why she'd do that because she's created a persona to go along with her writing, not one that only seeks to fool men into camming with her. A lot of artists take on personas because it helps them get more attention, money, etc. for their work, and in that vein, I get it.

The funny thing is, she never struck me as a man, though I never read her writing. So I don't know. IMO, the voice clip raised a lot of red flags for me.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've often wondered why there are no women pretending to be men - only vice versa. It'd be hysterical if someone was like "I apologize - that penis you saw? It was my oversized clit, and as for the testicles, well, flesh-coloured bean bag all the way, baby." Not that this has much to do with anything. I now return you to LPSG.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've often wondered why there are no women pretending to be men - only vice versa. It'd be hysterical if someone was like "I apologize - that penis you saw? It was my oversized clit, and as for the testicles, well, flesh-coloured bean bag all the way, baby." Not that this has much to do with anything. I now return you to LPSG.

If I was a woman, I wouldn't waste my time impersonating men online - instead, I'd be in the shower all day, playing with my boobs.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've copied and pasted this from the thread "Real Women" because I'm too lazy to type it all out again::biggrin1:

The reason you can't make a male voice sound female simply by changing the pitch is because it's not pitch that makes a voice one or the other. It's a combination of dynamics including timbre, overtones, and cadence among others. A simple example is there are women singing alto parts that consist of lower notes then men singing tenor parts, but you would never confuse the female voices for male, even though the pitches are lower and vice versa. A voice altered only by pitch would have false timbre and inorganic overtones sounding cartoonish or somewhat robotic, the tell tale sign of an altered voice.

VD offered a voice sample of his (I will use the term his) own voice of his own free will without being asked, as far as I know. It's a typical example of an altered voice. Now...his credibility was extremely questionable for a long time. Something about the stories and posts and photos never quite added up to a truthful whole. It never really mattered. No harm was done. Then he had the overextended nerve to insult the intelligence of a lot of people here by posting an obviously fake photo, that he's now continuing to backtrack on by saying he never really looked at it before...lol...and posting a voice sample that is obviously a mans voice saying Hi I'm Veronica Devine, that has been obviously altered. His gallery photos, by the way, have the same kind of robotic quality to them and I would be more then shocked if we ever see any type of new, natural photo of the woman there ever show up.

Now in the grand scheme of life this is a completely inane subject and not worth more then a passing glance...but here it has become a topic of conversation so... This is either a woman who has demonstrated some rather difficult to explain and illogical behavior or a man who has had a nice run, got a little to caught up in his own hype and underestimated his audience. Given the two alternatives the latter is a lot easier explainable then the former. People who even choose to care have to make up their own minds, however, as always.

And VD...Maleness and Masculinity being two completely different things, I would hazard a guess that, at this point, your masculinity is definitely more questionable then your maleness

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes Dreamer...of course. There are male voices that sound somewhat naturally feminine and female voices that sound somewhat naturally masculine that can possibly fool some listeners in some VERY rare cases. That's hardly the case in this particular situation though...sorry

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My boyfriend likes to play practical jokes on me, including calling me up as different characters who do their best to antagonize me. When he called me up pretending to be a woman who wanted to sell me the most upsetting magazines imaginable, I was fooled completely. He sounded nothing like my clients who frequently fantasize about being transformed into women by me. He sounded WAY more convincing than the clip uploaded by Veronica. I'm not insisting that Veronica's a fake. I will say that the voice clip sounds to me like my clients pretending to be women. The giggle, for instance, is so high pitched that even on the loweredversion of the clip it is impossibly high. The voice is suspect to me, and I wish it were not so. I really do.

Hear for yourself. Download Veronica's original sound byte here.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok that definitely wasn't an unaltered voice, even a computer illiterati like me could tell that.

Yes. It sounds awful. But back over in the other thread they were singing its praises. I wish I'd heard it when it was first uploadded. I really want Veronica to be real. Maybe she's altered her voice because she's in the witness protection program? *reaches*

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes. It sounds awful. But back over in the other thread they were singing its praises. I wish I'd heard it when it was first uploadded. I really want Veronica to be real.

Imagine how BAD I want her to be real... I just hope I haven't jacked off to some dude's fake-ass persona!

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Imagine how BAD I want her to be real... I just hope I haven't jacked off to some dude's fake-ass persona!

Meh! Go jack off to it again. How much sexier is it now that we've decided she's in the witness protection program. That's a dangerous chick! Grrrr!

Seriously, you'll feel better about everything if you have another wank.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am hoping we are wrong, but after hearing the clip, I'm not sure either. I'm doubly gutted as she was not only my literary muse, she really helped me through the initial issue that brought me to this site.

I'm praying for a sign as well burns1de.