Versatile?

Philly swords

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In a long term gay relationship or marriage do you both end up becoming versatile? I don’t know how this works. Thank you!

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Because I don’t know anything about gay marriages so it would be normal for me to ask

Ok, I see.

Well for gay men, we go into relationships communicating our preferred sexual roles up front. Some are purely top or bottom, some a blend of versatility. By the time marriage comes around, both partners would know pretty much everything so nothing would change in most cases.

Philly swords

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I should also add that some gay couples don't like anal sex so some don't do it at all.
I had no clue that existed!!! Wow. My point was that my wife and I have been together for 21 years and we do stuff now that we didn’t do when we first started dating so I was wondering if the same thing happened in a gay marriage. Thank you for your reply

OKCLane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can only speak for my marriage. We have a lot of gay married friends (50+ couples). To be honest we don’t discuss what goes on in our bedroom’s. I guess that may surprise some people but I suspect it’s the same as it is with most straight couples.
We have been married for almost ten years but in a relationship for almost 20 years. We came together as versatile tops and remain as that today. Because I’ve been battling back problems since 2017 and had four surgeries, I’ve been in the bottom role these past few years. When he had health issues I was the primary top. Things ebb and flow as a natural part of life.

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had no clue that existed!!! Wow. My point was that my wife and I have been together for 21 years and we do stuff now that we didn’t do when we first started dating so I was wondering if the same thing happened in a gay marriage. Thank you for your reply

If I may ask, are the things you are exploring things you've both wanted to try for a long time or a curiosity you've come across lately?

Philly swords

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I may ask, are the things you are exploring things you've both wanted to try for a long time or a curiosity you've come across lately?
New things that just came up. We’ve always had amazing sex but you know as you get older you get more comfy and want to try new things

Reactions: GeorgeRamirez7

Philly swords

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can only speak for my marriage. We have a lot of gay married friends (50+ couples). To be honest we don’t discuss what goes on in our bedroom’s. I guess that may surprise some people but I suspect it’s the same as it is with most straight couples.
We have been married for almost ten years but in a relationship for almost 20 years. We came together as versatile tops and remain as that today. Because I’ve been battling back problems since 2017 and had four surgeries, I’ve been in the bottom role these past few years. When he had health issues I was the primary top. Things ebb and flow as a natural part of life.
I completely get that. We talk about our sex life with friends to a degree. We keep a lot to ourselves. And as far as back problems go, I’ve had three surgeries so I know what you mean! We can talk in pm about that if you ever want to

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I first started having anal sex, I was a top only. It wasn't until I met my 1st boyfriend that I discovered the joys of bottoming. After about 4 years for me being bottom and him top, he wanted to bottom more often. So we both started being versatile. Over time, tastes do change, and sometimes your health will dictate what you can or cannot do. That is the best part of having a good relationship, your partner and you can change to make it work/happen. I've never been in a relationship where one person was 100% top or 100% bottom. I consider myself versatile and each guy I've been with was versatile. The percentage of top/bottom is always changing, but when my partner wants to bottom, I gladly top him. When I really need to get fucked, my partner has always gladly topped me. That is the joys of being versatile.

jf22

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not against being more versatile in my relationship. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now and we started with trying a bunch of different positions and roles since we were still figuring out what each other liked. As time went on I top 100% of the time. He enjoys bottoming and I enjoy topping so why fight it? That being said, I think I do want to start experimenting with bottoming again just because he has nice big dick that deserves to be in my ass. But communication is always key. We talk about sex and make sure we're both happy with how things are going and if we want to try anything different.