Sexuality
No Response
Reactions: Mercurygirl

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fake news everywhere. Each side wants to believe it just as badly - liberal media - white house - conservative media... so much bullshit - most just decide what they want to believe or wish was true and then determine it must be true even when it is not. Very divisive - not what this country is about - or not what I thought it was about. Pretty much exactly what our enemies want... POTUS, Miller, Spicer not doing themselves any favors with what they actually say or tweet.

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fake news everywhere. Each side wants to believe it just as badly - liberal media - white house - conservative media... so much bullshit - most just decide what they want to believe or wish was true and then determine it must be true even when it is not. Very divisive - not what this country is about - or not what I thought it was about. Pretty much exactly what our enemies want... POTUS, Miller, Spicer not doing themselves any favors with what they actually say or tweet.

So it is Trump, Miller and Spicer's fault when the mainstream media puts out fake news?

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So it is Trump, Miller and Spicer's fault when the mainstream media puts out fake news?

No - not their fault. Just saying that ignoring the media they are not helping themselves in general with what they actually say or tweet that has nothing to do with media commentary.

Reactions: AdamHenry

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is a fake story. This is one of the reasons liberals so are so confused about the world. They are immersed in the sphere of the fake news media. They believe everything they say.
You didn't read it. You replied two minutes after I posted. The article is more than a two minute read.

nickinoo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He could probably do with getting the news media on his side. They're quite good at manipulating. They might make things like press conferences seem less embarrassing.

AdamHenry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I never believe any news I see online, television or read in the paper. Not from one source. This has been a problem long before Trump ran for office. I check five sources including foreign news and form my own opinion. The media has been fucked up in this country for decades. If it's coming from a Conservative or Liberal slant, I turn away. It's commentary at that point. Not news. It's funny how the services have switched standpoints since the election. That should tell you something.

During Obama's run, Conservative sources were screaming the sky is falling while Liberal sources were in a utopia. Now that this dude is in, they have completely switched. Neither can tell you anything good about the other. However, the Cool-Aide drinkers from both sides lapp it up hook, line, and sinker.

The media is to blame for their situation. A maniac is now in office who doesn't play by the rules is casting doubt on the validity of the media conditioning an already skeptical public on what's real news or not. They did it to themselves. In my profession, I've seen the media black out an area due to affluency, and totally fuck up other reports with grossly inaccurate facts. And don't care. These were situations I was present on so I know what I'm talking about. The only news I take seriously is sports, because you can't mess with a score, and the Weather because it's a guessing game anyway. It's all commentary after that.

Reactions: Jjz1109 and Wave85

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
Trump Might Be Planning to Deploy the National Guard Against Undocumented Immigrants, or He Might Not, Who Can Say? But It Definitely Seems Like He’s Been Thinking About It

Using your absurd "may or may not" brand convenient logic ...

- Barack Obama may or may not be planning to murder his entire family with a cricket bat. Who can say?

- The Clintons may or may not be alien robots from a planet ruled by cats. Who can say?

- Elizabeth Warren may or may not be a annoying cow.

OK, that last one is actually verifiable but clearly I've made my point with the first two.

Reactions: BULLDOG00

ozwestcoastboy

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Memos often do not have a letterhead as they are meant for internal circulation only. I am not saying the memo is legit but it could be. Perhaps an independent internal investigation should be done It would be a win-win for Trump. If its untrue he can honestly say he never intended to have the National Guard involved. If its true he can fire the person that leaked the memo.

Reactions: ozwestcoastboy

ozwestcoastboy

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Of course the memo is real. It is just yet another leaked document. Gillian M. Christensen, the acting press secretary for the Department of Homeland Security, said the memorandum was a “very early, pre-decisional draft that never made it to the secretary and was never seriously considered by the department.” Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, said on Friday morning that the report by The Associated Press regarding the clearly VERY REAL draft memo was “100 percent not true.” Yet another example of the White House spreading FAKE NEWS . . .

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Trump Team Denies Report On National Guard, Then Admits It Was Based On A Real Document

President Donald Trump’s administration labeled The Associated Press’s reporting on a leak “100 percent false” on Friday morning, only to acknowledge less than an hour later that the story was based on a real document.

The administration’s response mimicked Trump’s remark a day earlier that even if leaks coming out of the government are “real,” the news is “fake.” And it also fit into what appears to be a pattern of ignoring reporters’ requests for comment, only to push back quickly after stories are published.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...s_58a73fa6e4b045cd34c15611?5refy1klwjnu92j4i&

Reactions: Perados

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
All I remember is, that Trump was pushing the the fake news "Obama is not an Amerikan" and even sticked to it after he has been proved wrong...

And I guess the guys who were cheering Trump to spread this fake news, are now the same guys complaining, Trump doesn't get treated fair...

All I can say, you created the monster, now deal with the consequences, Frankenstein.
If you don't like fake news and unfair treatments, you shouldn't have done it in the first place.

At the end, media do what they do: spread news - but we live in a world that becomes faster and faster. Often, media think they don't have time to do researchs and control if the news is correct. It's often a simple "copy and paste". One publishes a news and everyone else is quoting it, till enough time has paat and one did the work to control the source.

Media seams no longer be able to do the job quick enough, to select good news from bad news.
That's why it's more important than everthat politicians watch out what they say and claim... otherwise we will have situation like right now

Last edited:
Reactions: 185248