Very fake news

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Fake news is hard to get away from. The media elites are is a state of shock and dismay. Their cozy relationship with the very politicians they are suppose to be the watch dogs of has them scrambling to find something to hang Trump with. More often than not, they just make themselves look foolish and damage their credibility.

If you don't live near an ocean, the "mainstream" media tend to demean and dismiss your concerns. It's why the WH now takes questions from non mainstream sources in so-called "fly over country". Which happens to have the extra bonus just piss off outlets like CNN, New York Times, MSNBC, and various others.

Every time the mainstream flip out over some meaningless thing that Trump does, his supporters grow and the medias outrage just becomes white noise. If they ever do come up with some type of proof of corruption that is worth paying attention to, no one will believe them. Rachel Maddows slow mental break down is fun to watch though.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Its a question of trying to disseminate the lies from the fake news coming from both camps.
Fake news is made up of little lies, but then there are obvious little lies which just sit there.
While most of America isn't that concerned with 100% of the truth all the time its the coast fringes who note the little things which go against the grain and eventually its the grains that become the mountain.
So, news the Misses Trump might be unhappy, never leaves Trump Towers, well, true or fake....and does it matter?
More to the point is POTUS himself, his well oiled machine working perfectly while he is concerned about the size of his vote, and no, he lied, he didn't have the largest vote, no he didn't have the largest crowds at his inauguration etc etc etc... but who really cares other than POTUS!
Running the country via Twitter is certainly novel but it does show POTUS has a low threshold of attention, posts done without thinking, without clearance and without caring about the consequences. The continual castigation of the media, and yes, the more he does it, the more he wants just to have his own fake news then the more the mainstream will try for his downfall.
But they needn't worry, he will either rise above the standards he set and become a good President or he will fall on his sword and get impeached.
Across your great country there is no one person who is above the law, that goes from the pit and steel workers right across to POTUS himself. POTUS should see himself above suspicion, leading the way in honesty and integrity in word and deed.
And that is the nub of the problem.
There isn't going to be an easy way out of this impasse, if the coast media let up then given an inch POTUS will take a yard, the "fly over states" see things from their perspective the chance of jobs, a good idea, the re-starting of industry, a good idea - making middle America proud again - a really good idea.
But its the cost, the cost to the country, the cost to the world and the cost to Americas standing as an international giant, these things also have to be achieved in order for America to become greater.

Reactions: ozwestcoastboy

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have said this before, not sure why it is so difficult to grasp. I will say it again.

The man you see on TV and who talks to reporters, is not Donald Trump. That is a character he created in the 80's called "The Donald" that is the stereo typical American businessman. He's loud, entitled, obnoxious, and displays little to no knowledge of the matters on which he speaks. It is the ultimate troll specifically designed to make his opponents constantly underestimate him in the board room and now in politics. Comparing the Donald you see in the media to the Donald people meet with in private or personal settings in no way resembles each other. When reporters, cameras, and microphones come out, so too does "The Donald".

This character is why he was never taken seriously as a republican candidate nor their nominee. It's why Hillary didn't think she had to bother with the rust belt states. It's why he won. He spoke on the issues that mattered to people of most states, but did it in such a way that the pious and SJWs found just too brash and insulting to their delicate sensibilities that breached their safe spaces. He speaks in the way most of the electorate thinks. As is evident by his presidency. It's not the way that media elites, the regressive left, nor politicians in general speak and who would be crucified if they tried. It's not the way Hillary spoke. You could tell that every word out of her mouth was rehearsed and poll tested. Very rarely did she ever just say what she was thinking the way she was thinking it. It came across as inauthentic and just political BS. Trump may offend, but you don't have to wonder where he stands on an issue as he has been saying the say thing going on 30 years. It's why Sanders had such a huge following. When these guys talked, you didn't have to wonder if they really believed what they were saying. Trump just exaggerated to draw more attention as trolls usually do.

The things that Trump says, he says intentionally in a way to trigger outrage from outrage addicts. The media likes to cite his favorability numbers. His numbers may be lower than other presidents, but his numbers tower above the medias favorability numbers. Head lice and scumbag lawyers are viewed more favorably than the news media. Something that seems to reliably escape their notice. Their constant claims that Trump supporters are all racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobia, and every other phobic only adds to the revulsion of the news media and calls of "Fake News". If this continues, if and when Trump actually does do something worthy of impeachment, no one will believe it and he very likely will get away with it. It's happening already. It's not unusual for someone to think, "He might not be right, but he ain't wrong neither."

nickinoo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have said this before, not sure why it is so difficult to grasp. I will say it again.

The man you see on TV and who talks to reporters, is not Donald Trump. That is a character he created in the 80's called "The Donald" that is the stereo typical American businessman. He's loud, entitled, obnoxious, and displays little to no knowledge of the matters on which he speaks. It is the ultimate troll specifically designed to make his opponents constantly underestimate him in the board room and now in politics. Comparing the Donald you see in the media to the Donald people meet with in private or personal settings in no way resembles each other. When reporters, cameras, and microphones come out, so too does "The Donald".

This character is why he was never taken seriously as a republican candidate nor their nominee. It's why Hillary didn't think she had to bother with the rust belt states. It's why he won. He spoke on the issues that mattered to people of most states, but did it in such a way that the pious and SJWs found just too brash and insulting to their delicate sensibilities that breached their safe spaces. He speaks in the way most of the electorate thinks. As is evident by his presidency. It's not the way that media elites, the regressive left, nor politicians in general speak and who would be crucified if they tried. It's not the way Hillary spoke. You could tell that every word out of her mouth was rehearsed and poll tested. Very rarely did she ever just say what she was thinking the way she was thinking it. It came across as inauthentic and just political BS. Trump may offend, but you don't have to wonder where he stands on an issue as he has been saying the say thing going on 30 years. It's why Sanders had such a huge following. When these guys talked, you didn't have to wonder if they really believed what they were saying. Trump just exaggerated to draw more attention as trolls usually do.

The things that Trump says, he says intentionally in a way to trigger outrage from outrage addicts. The media likes to cite his favorability numbers. His numbers may be lower than other presidents, but his numbers tower above the medias favorability numbers. Head lice and scumbag lawyers are viewed more favorably than the news media. Something that seems to reliably escape their notice. Their constant claims that Trump supporters are all racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, islamophobia, and every other phobic only adds to the revulsion of the news media and calls of "Fake News". If this continues, if and when Trump actually does do something worthy of impeachment, no one will believe it and he very likely will get away with it. It's happening already. It's not unusual for someone to think, "He might not be right, but he ain't wrong neither."

It's a good theory, and one that I have considered myself. But I just can't bring myself to believe that he is just pretending to be incompetent, and a liar that is out of his depth. He clearly appears that way but is it really beneficial? Is he going to turn around at some point and say 'only joking!'?

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

The real Donald Trump is the brilliant businessman who lost a billion dollars in one year.

Reactions: BIGBULL29

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a good theory, and one that I have considered myself. But I just can't bring myself to believe that he is just pretending to be incompetent, and a liar that is out of his depth. He clearly appears that way but is it really beneficial? Is he going to turn around at some point and say 'only joking!'?
No, he will never say that. He will keep up this shtick till the day he dies. Is this persona beneficial? He won the presidency with it, so I'd say yeah.

nickinoo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No, he will never say that. He will keep up this shtick till the day he dies. Is this persona beneficial? He won the presidency with it, so I'd say yeah.

It certainly did, but is it really helping him now? I think I would be relieved to discover that there is more to him than it would appear. I just can't see it I'm afraid. He would have to be an amazing actor, or mentally unwell.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It certainly did, but is it really helping him now? I think I would be relieved to discover that there is more to him than it would appear. I just can't see it I'm afraid. He would have to be an amazing actor, or mentally unwell.
I'd go with the unwell part. You can't play a role for 30 years without suffering some... affects... Look at William Shatner. That's just sad.

The only way it's helping him now is the way it's keeping his voters tied to him. They will rise to defend him even if they know he is wrong about something. As I said is a different thread, Personal politics has risen to the religious level in America. You attack someone's political beliefs and they see it as a challenge to them personally. As long as Chris Cuomo and his ilk keep crying foul on Trump, Trumps supporters will remain energized no matter how vulgar and unfit Trump is revealed to be.

Reactions: ozwestcoastboy

nickinoo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd go with the unwell part. You can't play a role for 30 years without suffering some... affects... Look at William Shatner. That's just sad.

The only way it's helping him now is the way it's keeping his voters tied to him. They will rise to defend him even if they know he is wrong about something. As I said is a different thread, Personal politics has risen to the religious level in America. You attack someone's political beliefs and they see it as a challenge to them personally. As long as Chris Cuomo and his ilk keep crying foul on Trump, Trumps supporters will remain energized no matter how vulgar and unfit Trump is revealed to be.

You are right. I think people enjoy having someone to hate as well. For many it is Trump himself, and for others it is his detractors. I am guilty of it myself. Even on a very simple level like reality TV, I enjoy watching the characters that are easy to hate for whatever reason. Like if they are arrogant, or a bully or just very untalented. I enjoy getting angry at them and shouting at the TV, and I know I'm not the only one. And then there are the people who like to support these characters for their 'entertainment value' or, strangely because they like to support that bully and mob mentality. It's an odd comparison but then Trump is no stranger to reality TV himself.

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Donald Trump is brilliant. When he descended the escalators in Trump tower to announce his campaign, I said to the people around me that he would win and I never wavered in that view. He will be regarded by history as the greatest President of all time. Watch.

nickinoo

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Donald Trump is brilliant. When he descended the escalators in Trump tower to announce his campaign, I said to the people around me that he would win and I never wavered in that view. He will be regarded by history as the greatest President of all time. Watch.

None of us can see into the future, but it's looking unlikely right now. I think he has a huge job changing the general opinion of him. Good luck to him

Media
Were you among the actors he hired to enhance the crowd?

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't tell if this is a tribute or if it's satire, but it's the funniest thing I've heard to come out of this election cycle.

Media
El Pelos de Elote
donald-trump-funny-look-alike-20__700.jpg