Very odd question but i'm curious!

naughty_girl

Experimental Member
Media
I know this doesnt fit under sex with a large penis but i didnt know where else to put it!

right.. u know u have bisexual, homosexual, hetrosexual... yeah....

I was just wondering what if u dont fancy men OR women and u r not attracted to anybody at all... just wondering if there was a name for it?

I just had a weird dream the other night that i didnt fancy men or women, not that it would ever happen in real life! but it got me thinking if there was such a thing where someone just wasnt attracted to either sexes!

Anyway.. any brain boxes out there who know about that kinda thing then please tell me b4 my curiosity sends me mad! ok i think i may be mad already.. ok nevermind!

Tam x

naughty_girl

Experimental Member
Media
oh wow! im not mad afterall there is such thing! how strange.. imagine not fancying anybody at all and not wanting sex. maybe they jus have animal sex or something

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
naughty_girl said:
oh wow! im not mad afterall there is such thing! how strange.. imagine not fancying anybody at all and not wanting sex. maybe they jus have animal sex or something

Nope, I tried on and off over a three year period to go out with a guy who was utterly asexual. It was an amazing exercise in beating my head against a wall; he was a great person, very caring, and almost all I could have dreamt of... just with no interest in anyone or anything on a sexual level. He'd lost his previous long-term girlfriend to it in the end, even though she had been certain initially that she could deal with it; and despite my many attempts to make our friendship something more over the years, I ultimately realized that I was simply trying to project my view of the world onto him, and that in his world, there simply was no sexual component.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
alex8 said:
Nope, I tried on and off over a three year period to go out with a guy who was utterly asexual. It was an amazing exercise in beating my head against a wall; he was a great person, very caring, and almost all I could have dreamt of... just with no interest in anyone or anything on a sexual level. He'd lost his previous long-term girlfriend to it in the end, even though she had been certain initially that she could deal with it; and despite my many attempts to make our friendship something more over the years, I ultimately realized that I was simply trying to project my view of the world onto him, and that in his world, there simply was no sexual component.

you definitely deserve better than this alex. you have it all going. am turning my cupid laser on for you at this point. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

naughty_girl

Experimental Member
Media
wow! such a facinating world. i know they dont have any interest in sex.. but do they actually FANCY people.. and want relationships with them minus the sex. Just wanna know if they are actually attracted to people at all! :confused:

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
naughty_girl said:
I know this doesnt fit under sex with a large penis but i didnt know where else to put it!

I was just wondering what if u dont fancy men OR women and u r not attracted to anybody at all... just wondering if there was a name for it?

I just had a weird dream the other night that i didnt fancy men or women, not that it would ever happen in real life! but it got me thinking if there was such a thing where someone just wasnt attracted to either sexes!

Anyway.. any brain boxes out there who know about that kinda thing then please tell me b4 my curiosity sends me mad! ok i think i may be mad already.. ok nevermind!

Tam x
Speaking from a psychological standpoint, I'd say that a person who prefered no gender at all in a sexual manner is antisocial. Many people perceive this definition as "someone how is not social," (as in..talks a lot?...gets out?...one who is not agoraphobic?) which is an entirely inaccurate view of the term. Antisocial means you go against the norms and mores of society. (I'm trying really hard, at this very moment, not to go off on an Ayn Rand rant.) Spawning is instinct. It's a part of being alive. All species want and feel a need to spawn. One who, against all odds, goes against society in such a way is antisocial and will have specific reasons for feeling as such.

The first signs I'd say would point to molestation in adolescence or childhood.

The very purpose of monasteries is to desexualize or emasculate it's members. According to those who practiced these beliefs, shedding one's sexual desires is actually a spiritual plain where one can focus on the better things in life than simple reproduction. They stand outside procreation and sexuallity and therefore can arise to the challenge of being pure of something.

It's like the fucking Omish not having buttons.

Sounds boring, doesn't it?!?!

pichulon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
naughty_girl said:
wow! such a facinating world. i know they dont have any interest in sex.. but do they actually FANCY people.. and want relationships with them minus the sex. Just wanna know if they are actually attracted to people at all! :confused:

NaughtyGirl.

Some people are simply asexual, for real medical reasons like voluntary castration, ovaroctomy, diseases, hormonal problems , or by plain choice.
This people, from what I read, are not sad nor antisocial, but happy people with great lives .
It is hard to understand when we look at it from our sexual lifes
' point of view , but it happens.
I looked into it because I also encountered a person, a gorgeous woman that told me she was asexual. She was not kidding nor trying to get rid of me, she was genuinly into being asexual.
I learnt that many reasons , (from physical to the psycological) can take a person to such an extreme.

Here is a link.

http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A very close friend of mine was asexual for a very long time. She did fancy people. She had the usual crushes, crappy boyfriends, so on. We went out all the time, or hung out at our homes doing cool arts and crafts or watching movies. We played games. We went to parties. All the normal things friends do. Of her first kiss, all she would say was, "he tasted like water". She had kind of a curiosity about her own lack of interest.

She eventually met someone who was able to awaken her sexual side. They are immensely happy together. I think they're both crazy, but neither is anti-social.

Another friend who remains asexual is attractive, articulate and talented, and able to attract attention from whichever gender he might be interested, but he's content to have platonic friendships that never even hint on anything sexual. He's never expressed a romantic interest (to me) in anyone at anytime in the 12 years I've known him.

So I've known two asexuals, each totally different from the other.

Oh! But neither wants children. Neither likes children.

rhino_horn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
naughty_girl said:

yes, there are many people like this...most of them are members of PETA.

*lots of xxy's in PETA:tongue:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I have gone through asexual phases - periods of time where sex seems like much more trouble than it's worth, often to the point where I don't have any sexual thoughts for some time.

I don't think I can call myself "asexual", as these stretches of time have never lasted more than a few months. But perhaps we should add a third slider to the "%straight/%gay" category? :tongue:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
naughty_girl said:

Tam x

If im not mistaken i saw a ABC news 20/20 or something like that about asexual people that choose to not have sex with no one...they live ok with that...but it show a couple in the group after a while got together and left the group...

Almost sure is about the situation you describe NG...:wink:

sares

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
She eventually met someone who was able to awaken her sexual side. They are immensely happy together. I think they're both crazy, but neither is anti-social.
this is what gets me. imagine completely separating yourself from the sexual world... and it turns out you just hadn't met the right person yet.

humans have a lot of the same biology and chemicals that animals do (pheremones, hormones guiding the drive to reproduce), so I can't believe some people just don't come equipped with the chemistry that screams, "connect, make communities, continue the line."

maybe it's a combination of low doses of hormones (nature) plus something in their upbringing (nurture) that generates a person like this.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dcwrestlefan said:
you definitely deserve better than this alex.

Ha, I had a great friendship with that guy for many years, and that really counts for a lot. It was simply my problem ultimately, though, that I wanted things to be other than they were; I hadn't made that mental leap that allowed me to envisage people for whom sex simply was not an issue. In many ways, in retrospect, every bit as offensive and misguided on my part as trying to 'turn' a straight guy gay due to one's personal desires. In many ways, an insightful experience.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I think there are a lot of misconceptions about asexuality just because it's so alien to most people. Consider how many people claim to be unable to understand gays and lesbians - well, asexuality is one step further removed.