Very Out-There Question for the Ladies

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You didn't seem to be talking about that - you seemed to be talking only about social climbing. I get the feeling you have changed tack somewhat. Maybe I'm wrong.

I agree it did sound like social climbing but I said many women (not all). Moving up a notch means different things to different people in different circumstances - it all depends on what they are looking for. To me, it stands to reason that some of these women are going to be looking for financial or status advancement. This is unpalatable to some but it is true and say otherwise is to ignore human nature. What I also said (when I elaborated) is that some of these women are looking to better their lot in other ways (whether that be through social advancement, improved security, getting their emotional needs satisfied, getting more money, improved status, better sex, etc, etc.). My overarching point was people get together for a variety of reasons and to get various needs met and not just because of a winning smile and personality (nice though they are) and my take on this was just as relevant and valid as anyone elses.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree it did sound like social climbing but I said many women (not all). Moving up a notch means different things to different people in different circumstances - it all depends on what they are looking for. To me, it stands to reason that some of these women are going to be looking for financial or status advancement. This is unpalatable to some but it is true and say otherwise is to ignore human nature. What I also said (when I elaborated) is that some of these women are looking to better their lot in other ways (whether that be through social advancement, improved security, getting their emotional needs satisfied, getting more money, improved status, better sex, etc, etc.). My overarching point was people get together for a variety of reasons and to get various needs met and not just because of a winning smile and personality (nice though they are) and my take on this was just as relevant and valid as anyone elses.

I agree with you Runco.
Stripping is a very short term career for these women until their body starts to age.
The smart ones make their money while their body is fresh and then look for a "relationship" or move onto a less body focused career (or both).
Seeing a fresh faced, clean cut and respectful guy at the club is a welcome and refreshing change.
Why wouldn't these women want a relationship with such a guy when they are dealing with so much ugliness on a day to day basis?

polesmoker

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree with you Runco.
Stripping is a very short term career for these women until their body starts to age.
The smart ones make their money while their body is fresh and then look for a "relationship" or move onto a less body focused career (or both).
Seeing a fresh faced, clean cut and respectful guy at the club is a welcome and refreshing change.
Why wouldn't these women want a relationship with such a guy when they are dealing with so much ugliness on a day to day basis?

I too understood what Runco was getting at. All relationships are at least somewhat started out of a "what will this person add to my life" mentality. I have worked in regular bars and spent long hours turning down drunken losers. So if you are polite and not annoying the dancers that may be why they are receptive to flirt and take you home.

Marlboro woman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As some people on here know, I worked part time as a stripper when I was a student. Of course clean, presentable and respectable customers are preferable to some of the dirty, smelly, low-lifes that you get. But for most of us who were stripping just to get ourselves through university, it was just a job, just an act, and completely separate from our real personal lives. That doesn't mean there weren't strippers who didn't enjoy their job. But as far as I was concerned, stripping was a means to an end, my ambition was always to be a successful businesswoman and my preference was always for men who could match me in terms of intelligence and attractiveness, not for the sad men who are 99% of the audience at a strip club (the OP is clearly one of the other 1%).