VGL?

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What's with people putting VGL in their profiles on the Internet or other personals ads? If you're truly VGL, wouldn't it be more efficient to just go out in public where you can be seen? Presumably lots of people would hit on you. Even if you are so spectacular that you would intimidate some people, you could still approach someone you thought was interested in you and get good results in a short amount of time.

The only reason I can think of for a VGL person to use the Internet or personals ads instead of in-person socializing would be if their interests were truly outré. Golden showers or cross-dressing etc. Then the Internet would be more efficient to find compatible playmates.

What am I overlooking?

Thanks for the insight.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Don't confuse posting ads on the internet with an inability to attract guys in bars. I do both, but prefer the internet for hook-ups for a whole variety of reasons:

1) I don't have sex when I've been drinking and I don't fuck drunks;
2) I'm HIV+ and am very strict about serosorting: the profiles make it much easier for everybody;
3) I tend to be both free and horny at odd times like the mid-afternoons and in the wee hours;
4) Guys are much more open in their profiles than in their demeanor in a bar;
5) My Mancunt subscription cost me $15 for three months the last time I renewed it. That's the cost of two beers with a tip;
6) I happen to really like outré, extreme sex and all the real hardcore freaks (in Ft Lauderdale at least) are online;
7) I'm not shopping for a boyfriend right now, and guys I meet online are more likely to be looking for sex than a relationship, too.

As to the whole "VLG" bullshit: anyone who feels obliged to include that probably isn't so sure he actually is all that hot. They generally aren't.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I received a membership to an online dating site around two weeks ago and noticed few people have pictures, much less list themselves as VGL, attractive, or the like. Personally, I cannot speak from the perspective of someone VGL or beautiful (just cute :08:), but I meet people everywhere - bars, clubs, and online.

As far as the freaky shit, I try not to spring that on anyone too early. *blush* But, would only get into it with someone I really like and trust, not some dude I'm hittin' for random play.

6) I happen to really like outré, extreme sex and all the real hardcore freaks (in Ft Lauderdale at least) are online;
*cocks eyebrow flirtatiously* Is that right? :biggrin:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
*cocks eyebrow flirtatiously* Is that right? :biggrin:

Totally, baby :wink:

I worked for about two years at the only leather/fetish gay bar in all of South Florida: about 85% of the patrons were what I've always called "weekend warriors"; they were playing dress-up (sometimes) but were basically as vanilla as any emo-twink. About the "kinkiest" thing I ever found there was the occasional cattle-call for a group scene.

Otherwise, comparing bar-pigs to online-pigs would be like comparing a sixth-grader's essay to a doctoral thesis. It was an endless series of non-negotiable limit drawing. Guys looking for an on-line hook up are most definitely looking for play that involves as few limits as possible.

As I'm looking for transcendent encounters more than just busting a nut whenever possible, there's just no comparison.