Victoria versus Fredericks

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by aajjxx, Oct 28, 2010.

1. aajjxx

aajjxx New Member

Ladies, which is your preferred place to go for boudoir attire?

Men, which do you prefer to see on your woman?

My woman and I prefer Fredericks of Hollywood.

2. tgirlsrgreat

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    victoria!

3. Empathizer

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Vicky doesn't provide enough unlined and unpadded options for little "girls." Frederick's is unpretentious, and has lots of pretty things in my size.

Vicky also provides absolutely nothing my size in-store (it's company policy not to provide above a 34-inch band in an A cup. I asked the fitter at my local store and that's what she told me), so I can't even try it on before I buy it. That's a humiliating thing for a small-breasted girl, to have to ask if they stock any smaller size. They direct you to training bras, which are, of course, 28 through 32. Thanks, Vicky. I am so NOT going to order your bras online if you treat me like that as part of your official Customer Service policy in the store.

#3 Empathizer, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

The bf and I prefer totally nude, so everything comes off immediately. :shrug:
    When I did dress up, Trashy Lingerie was my fave store.

5. aajjxx

aajjxx New Member

Victoria's stuff seems kinda, I don't know, prudish to me. And their clerks in all the mall stores I've been to have been total snobs.

How can anyone not go crazy over this... for instance...

Sites-FoH-Site

exotic: Nude is definitely great, but sometimes don't you want your man to take you clothed, or partially clothed?

I find fishnet body suits, crotchless panties, etc to be very hot.

empathizer: Funny, I've heard many larger women complain about Victoria's because they don't carry bras big enough.

As a man, I can't say for sure, but I theorize Victoria sells stuff women think men would want to see them in, and Fredericks sells stuff men actually want to see their women in. ;)

#5 aajjxx, Oct 28, 2010
  6. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    #6 Enid, Oct 28, 2010
  7. aajjxx

aajjxx New Member

Thanks, but 124 sterling pounds for a bra? Yikes. Still impressive selection though.

8. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    TheBF prefers Victorias Secret. He likes it when I either look elegant or innocent, which he calls "the victim look".

He has gotten really turned on the few times I've worn a corset as part of a costume. I wore one with a pair of leather pants and some boots to a friend's book signing, which is a hand-me-down outfit that she gave me for the event. The other time I wore that corset was as part of my Moulin Rouge costume, also for a theme party.

9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Victoria's Secret doesn't make bra's in my size so those come from the UK. But I prefer, nighties and things from Fredricks, Yandy.com, lingerediva and a few other places.

AND ENID OMG I'm loving B&S, thank you for that link.

10. D_Tanya_Hardon

D_Tanya_Hardon New Member

Victoria's Secret's bras are comfortable but I am mad at them for a couple reasons:
    a.) the aforementioned very limited sizes. They only carry 34 to 38 in normal sizes, and while it's not relevant to me, good luck finding an A cup. I just think they should make themselves more accessible.
    b.) they aim their marketing at teenage and even preteen girls. At least Freddy's aims their marketing at mature (old enough to give consent?) women.
    c.) I once saw a senior citizen's "PINK" logo through her white pants and forever have to suffer with the memory
    So while I've never shopped at Frederick's of Hollywood, I dislike Victoria's Secret for a number of reasons. I only wish there were a Freddy's store near Portland, Oregon, where I live.

11. aajjxx

aajjxx New Member

I'm with you on point b. Absolutely ghoulish marketing lingerie to children.

12. Empathizer

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    We should have a Big & Little Girls letter-writing campaign about the underage-sexualization issue, the ridiculous size-range issue, etc.

13. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Marketing aimed at preteens? I admit to not watching a lot of TV, so I'm out of the loop there, but I get their junk mail and catalogs and I haven't noticed any of that.

I gotta defend Vicky's for one thing. As a thin adult woman, Vicky's in one of the few places where I can buy adult clothing in my size without having to import it from France. I'm not even joking. I have long legs and thin hips, so that eliminates "petite" stores. Even though stores for petite women carry my waist and hip sizes, their pants end at my ankles or above. Vicky's sells all their clothing in sizes that I can wear.

I really don't know what sizes they carry in their stores, since I usually only order from the sale catalogs they send me (which lowers the cost at least 50% and sometimes a lot more) but I haven't had any trouble finding Vicky's bras, lingerie, or clothing that fit me. I've even accidentally ordered clothes too small for me! Too small!

My other clothing options are stores for teenagers. :redface:

14. shr1125

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So you're generally wearing goth gear and vampire wear from Hot Topic, then? :cool:

15. Embrace69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can say, I haven't really shopped at either one. I guess that's due to the fact that I have limited cash flow and what I do have goes to things like food and other basic living necessities, needs over wants and what have you.

I like both stores. I like Victoria's look when I'm in certain moods though I don't own a thing from them. When I'm feeling super naughty I like the Fredrick's look. But I've not been graced with enough money to have any of those things from either store so naked I just have to go. Maybe one day, I'll be able to walk in there and blow some cash and make myself look super sexy but right now, not so much. A girl can dream.

16. aajjxx

aajjxx New Member

I was surprised by how inexpensive Fredericks is. 4 pairs of panties for 25, can't beat that.

17. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    LOL! That's funny!

I lucked out there for a few years because of the trend towards blazers and menswear fabrics for teens. Of course, most teens wore those pieces as part of a punk or alternative look, but I happily collected those pieces because they were really cheap, they fit, and they were office appropriate when worn with other conservative clothes. :smile:

18. chefgreg

chefgreg New Member

I love "Vicky C's" that's what we call it over here were I live. My girl is kinda cheap though so she prefers whatever is on sale.

19. B_prettyswinggirl

B_prettyswinggirl New Member

Fredericks's hands down. Their sales are wonderful and with my bra size 34dd, their bras are just a more comfortable fit for me. Makes dh very happy!

20. B_curiousme01

B_curiousme01 New Member

Fredrick's of Hollywood for me. They have so many styles to choose from and some seriously killer accessories. I found that some of VS's bra fabrics & cuts were not comfortable for daily wear, nor did they have a long life. I guess it depends on what you want/need from your lingerie.

Draft saved Draft deleted