Video Game: Dead Space

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just got this game today and it just totally ROCKS!

This is what video gaming is about!

Great graphics (although the sub titles could be bigger).

Great story line!

Easy to use controls!

And totally suspensful and scary!

Blows away Doom 3 for that!

It is a tad bit gory (but not really). Definatly NOT for 12 and younger I'd say.

Take a look at it!

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for this review...I've been waiting to hear more about this game before I bought it...I've seen previews and it looked really interesting to me...I'm glad to hear that it lived up to the hype...

BTW, which gaming console do you have?

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I'd personally say that "video gaming is about" competitions such as ESWC, WCG and WEG etc. The latter of which's World Masters starts day 3 in China tomorrow. :wink:

As for Dead Space, I haven't played it myself but it's gotten pretty positive reviews all around. The reported instances of fps spikes annoys me, especially considering that the PC Sys. Reqs. aren't exactly extortionate.
It's definitely tempting, even though I'm not keen on third-person perspectives. Will probably torrent. :biggrin1:

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Anybody heard of this game, Bioshock? That's a bit on the gory/wtf shock moment side. Pretty crazy game. Gotta love Cohen, who is a bit of a Salvador Dali maniac himself and not to mention looks like him when he became more eccentric in the 60s. However, the game is crazy. Just beware of the Big Daddys. Those are a pain in the ass to deal with besides the splicers.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bioshock is a fun game, too.

The problem is that the ending is a bit of a let down. I don't want to get into to much specifics for fear or ruining some parts of it for others.

But there was at least one thing that made absolutely zero sense to me.

I think the best upgrade is the camoflauge and the ice powers.

Sklar

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think there is three endings. Either you do save all the Little Sisters or you just harvest them like atoms(?) or something. If you save all of them, you see them grow up and you die of old age. If you don't save them all, you are a hungry powered guy based on finding the nuclear weapon you wanted all along. There already making a 2nd Bioshock.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK, I found one thing I really don't like about Dead Space.

When you find text messages all around the ship, the font is really, really small. I have to get up close and personal with my tv just to read them.

Aside from that, I'm kicking but at this game!

P.S. Don't play it in the dark! :biggrin1: