Video Gamers What you playin???

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Ecchi, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    I just started the .hack series for PS2 and am quite loving it. I love good dungeon crawlers. :D I've also been fiddling with the Street Fighter Anniversary pack too. Lots of fun and nostalgia there.

I've told everyone, game wise, to pick up either Shin Megami Tensei or World of Warcraft for Christmas for me.

2. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Half Life...the first one, that is. I swear, you start the game with half a life!

3. ashlar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Final Fantasy XI online ... though I havent been playing lately and I think Herble and I are going to cancel our accounts. It just too difficult to be much fun anymore ... I play for hours and hours and never really feel like i've made any progress. ;/

4. jonb

Gold Member

Yeah, by the end of MMORPGs you don't have any lives.

I like some of the 8-bit era games. They aren't as long, and the graphics kinda suck, but they were original.

I'd kinda like to see an online flight sim where one player plays pilot and the other gunner.

5. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    City of Heroes is a big one for me right now

6. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for me, tho, I gotta say it's different from it's predecessors.

7. jdoe86

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am boring when it comes to video games. Right now I am playing Sim City 3000 Unlimited. I don't need to stress out when I am trying to relax. Also, if I feel like destroying something, I will start a fire of cause an earthquake.

8. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

It's a toss-up as to which games I play sometimes. If I had a pissy day at work, I go for GTA, and blow up everything in sight with whatever I can lay my greedy li'l mitts on. On the other hand, if I just feel like venting, I play any one of my RESIDENT EVIL games, pick either the shotgun or big handgun, and then the dead flesh-eating zombies can kiss their asses bye-bye.

9. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    I'm actually waiting for a game called "Auto Assault" to be finished.

10. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Me too! I'm an RPGer all day long and I brought broke down and got Part 1: Infection. I started a new game because I wanted to make sure I was trading for all the right stuff. I also have a running file for Grandia Xtreme and my best friend bought me Dark Cloud 2 for Christmas.

Games I've left in my wake include Final Fantasy X and X-2, Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, and Katamari Damacy. I said a big ol' fuck it to Unlimited Saga and Xenosaga.

11. kinggalaxia

kinggalaxia Member

Albums:
    LOL, Dee. I said the same thing to Xenosaga.

I've killed FF VII thru X but X-2 just murdered that series for me, so whatever.

My PS2 went to hell so I lost the gamer inside me, lol. Tho when I can, I borrow a system from my friend and work on .hack Part 2 (GOD, the last dungeon's tough).

I also love Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. What's better than a customizable RPG with an anime theme to it? There's nothing like the Monster Congress!!! :lol:

12. Imported

Gold Member

Thanatos: Right now? Hmm.. I'd have to say Rise of Nations and Dawn of War.

13. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    I recently bought a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics, I've been experimenting with a few specific party configurations. I'm trying to go through a whole game with a pure magic party (currently using 2 wizards, a priest, a summoner, and Ramza as an oracle). It's interesting and challenging, but I've been winning. Some of the battles have been painfully close though, with my priest working overtime.

I still play .hack, and Morrowind. GTA:SA for when I'm in more chaotic moods. A friend of mine recently got me into Dance Dance Revolution, yet another form of digital crack o_O. I never expected it to be that friggin' addictive.

14. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:

Woo, yay for DDR

15. Ecchi

Ecchi New Member

Albums:
    I can't do anything past Light difficulty ... Paranoia and Afronova are currently the banes of my existance. I ain't going anywhere near MAXX Unlimited, either ....

16. jonb

Gold Member

They actually made a Game Boy Advance version of DDR. Sounds kinda stupid, since there's no pad to dance on.

17. intheloop

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Mrah. I finished Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on the xbox, and on the PC I finished Starscape... And started playing Jedi Knights II: Outcast.

I know, they're old games, but I finally switched my computer and I'm playing all those games I wasn't able to play before :p

Besides I haven't been able to get Halo2 yet :wacko:

18. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Oh yeah, a loyal FFist like me. But, c'mon. X-2 "murdered" the series? I wasn't expecting anything hardcore from Yuna, Rikku, and Paine but they got a couple of kicks outta me. That, and if I could just put on a Black Mage hat and fry the hell out of some people I've encountered in my life, that'd be a nice perk too.

(That, and a good number of hits to my blog come from people doing Google image searches for an old YRP wallpaper I had imaged on my site.)

<!--QuoteBegin-Ecchi
    @Dec 17 2004, 07:59 PM
    I can&#39;t do anything past Light difficulty ... Paranoia and Afronova are currently the banes of my existance. I ain&#39;t going anywhere near MAXX Unlimited, either ....
    [post=267848]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]

Yeah. I played DDR for the first time at a friend&#39;s house during his (yawn) dinner party, and I got more hooked than I imagined. I got DDRMAXX 2. Still working through Beginner levels for all the songs and I&#39;ll get into Light mode eventually. I needed something two player anyway since I&#39;m such an RPG fiend.

By the way, is it me or are those game pads fuckin&#39; murder on the pocketbook?

19. jonb

Gold Member

Oh yeah, a loyal FFist like me. But, c&#39;mon. X-2 "murdered" the series? I wasn&#39;t expecting anything hardcore from Yuna, Rikku, and Paine but they got a couple of kicks outta me. That, and if I could just put on a Black Mage hat and fry the hell out of some people I&#39;ve encountered in my life, that&#39;d be a nice perk too.
    [post=269098]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Or a Dark Knight&#39;s armor. Personally I didn&#39;t like the idea of changing classes in combat; you&#39;re supposed to balance your classes (e.g., pick a tank, a healer, and a nuker) before a battle.

20. Imported

Gold Member

Tintin50: Doom3, Half life 2 are the games I mostly play, waiting for new Legend of Zelda.

Draft saved Draft deleted