Video Gamers What you playin???

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
LOL dont get me wrong jonb im not just after the guys (im not a raving guy-a-holic, but its just an added bonus thinking of all the possibilities and cute in a way-im innocent...honestly!) its more of the storyline, or in this case, lack of one. It was too charlies angels, and had it not been derived from an original FF, it may have been better, it just kinda broke the tradition so to speak. After seeing Yuna change from her summoner garb into well umm basically nothing it just isnt the same old game. As for tactics, ive borrowed the original playstation one from my cousin but i returned it to him when he wanted it back but that was a while ago. Id like to play TA at some point, it seems fun, so ill definately look into it!

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
As I said, it was too Charlie's Angels. And the idea of a love story as the main plot didn't work well in FFVIII, so what made them think a love story involving two characters you don't even control as a major plot point would? And I'm sure you'll agree, Brother+Yuna is probably the most against-my-moral-compass anime couple since Chibiusa had a crush on Mamoru.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
X&#39;D chibiusa and mamoru... thats over my limit lol and yuna and brother....just no >< lol dont need that image, both are just plain wrong lol. i could probably say VII was my favorite... it had the best storyline and occasional twists. VIII was a bit too sappy and X was decent too, but id say IX and X-2 were the vanilla children of the group, you know, nothing special. I&#39;d still replay them though, theyre still fun sometimes.

gold1122: San Andreas and MGS3 are what I&#39;m plaing at the moment. I&#39;m also playing a little DOA U on the side. And dear god how I want to play RE4. Horror for life.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
FF7&#39;s nice because of its open ending; did all the humans die? How did Nanaki have pups? (Well, there&#39;s a possibility as to how he had pups, but it&#39;s kinda icky.)

Oh, FFTA uses a mix of FFIX and FFT&#39;s ability systems. You learn abilities from weapons (except for the blue mage&#39;s A-abilities, of course), and you can equip abilities a la FFT: One extra set of A-abilities, one R-ability, one S-ability, and one C-ability. (C-abilities are combos a la Chrono Trigger.)

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Yes VII&#39;s open ending was nice, but while it was happening i felt bad for aeris, i wont spoil it, ill just leave it at it seemed like she died for nothing until something else happened with her guidance (seemingly) Im not even gonna go there about Nanaki&#33; (the ending freaked the crap outta me though it was 2 am and i was uber tired X&#39;D it was still great though) I want to play FFTA it sounds real interesting&#33; Also, if you didnt know yet an FF VII movie is coming out...eventually lol if i find the site with the trailers ill post it for ya or anyone else wanting to see them&#33; I remember some combos happening in Chrono Cross, i.e. serge and glenn&#39;s x-slash was it? but thats a fun game too if you havent played it. Felt bad for Harle though ;_;

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It&#39;s supposed to be a very human scene. Her death is in no way epic, and just leaves you feeling empty. (And wishing you could just skip to disc 3 and kill Sephiroth.)

Oh, you&#39;d like the combo abilities. They only target one enemy, but they&#39;re all mutually compatible, provided you&#39;re within range and have at least one judge point. (You get JP for killing enemies and doing things "recommended" by the current laws.) They get stronger as you gain more JP, but you lose all JP when you initiate (but not when you participate in) a combo. Anyone with at least one JP can join in.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I should go get FFTA...i have way too much time on my hands anyway, and it seems fun...ill definately take it into consideration&#33; Also for GBA, if you havent played Golden Sun (1 or 2) it&#39;s a fun game, or at least i think so. It is mind racking at times though.

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I recently quit City of Heroes in order to start playing World of Warcraft, in a little more than a week I have a level 26 Night Elf Hunter.

I also play DDR on my Xbox

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I am by no means a gamer. Shure, I have a Ps2 and a gameboy, but like, I&#39;m not one that can get into video games. My younger is a hardcore game though. But like, I just got a Castlevania game for my Gameboy and it has totally sucked me in. I love it.

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
That happens. One good game kills ya till ya beat it&#33; im not really too much of a gamer, i just have too much free time to kill usually. Final fantasy 7 sucked me in, so ive gotten the rest to see if theyre good (they are more or less) but ddr is fun too a least the at home ones. im OK at it, but by no means great. Well have fun with castlevania&#33;

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, here&#39;s a summary of the FF games:

FFI: The least linear of the FF&#39;s. Basically four "light warriors" have to kill Garland. Then they fight pirates and elementals only to find that Garland&#39;s gone back 1000 years to become Chaos and they have to break the loop.
FFII: Basic rebellion. You have to kill an emperor and then kill him again in hell. (But where&#39;s he going to go this time, Detroit?)
FFIII: Hope you have an emulator.
FFIV: You start out as a bad guy, then become a good guy, your friend then becomes a bad guy, a good guy, a bad guy, and again a good guy. Eventually you go underground and to the moon to recover the crystals.
FFV: Probably the dumbest name, ExDeath. Either way, you reunite the world and then have to go into a singularity to fight ExDeath.
FFVI: Soap opera. The first half deals with rebelling against the empire, with a girl who can&#39;t remember anything as the main character. The second half is less linear, and focuses on tying up loose ends and ultimately killing Kefka; a former general who&#39;s all alone in the post-apocalyptic world is the main character.
FFVII: Neoliberal nightmare; the world&#39;s controlled by one corporation, and one of their genetics experiments astral-projects his way into controlling a doomsday weapon.
FFVIII: Love story. Bad guy turns out to be possessed, and you have to go to the future to stop her.
FFIX: A trip down memory lane.
FFX: The church forbids technology. Like all RPG churches, it&#39;s hypocritical, dogmatic, and ruled by dead people. Only by breaking with dogma can you defeat Sin permanently.
FFX-2: Yuna tries to find Tidus, only to find that 1000 years ago he and a pop singer and summoner who looks a lot like Yuna were lovers. His ghost&#39;s still around; instead of destroying Sin, he now wants to destroy the planet.
FFXI: MMORPG. Basically D&D with thousands of players.
Tactics: Middle Ages. God turns out to be the devil.
FFTA: You go through the looking glass into a world of your best friend&#39;s creation, and eventually have to kill his mother/djinni.

Oh, I forgot to mention the other rule to jagds. If you&#39;re dead at the end of the battle, you stay dead. Always include two or three people who can revive, along with anti-instant death equipment.

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by yaoifun@Jan 20 2005, 03:06 AM
DDR is awsome, i&#39;ve only been dancing for a few weeks, but it&#39;s fun nonetheless...which difficulty do you usually choose?
[post=275786]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a post about this in the DDR thread, but to reiterate, adept at 4 footers, can do some 5 and 6 footers. Light - Standard difficulty

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Minish Cap. Personally, I&#39;m not going to buy the DS; the whole idea of touch-screen controls looks weird to me. Touch screens are basically a case of Treknology: Technology where more-primitive-and-more-effective alternatives exist. (Think of all the Star Trek spinoffs to get an idea, e.g. using plasma conduits to power their consoles.)

:Aphex^amigo):
Originally posted by nlatimer@Jan 19 2005, 09:33 PM
I recently quit City of Heroes in order to start playing World of Warcraft, in a little more than a week I have a level 26 Night Elf Hunter.

I also play DDR on my Xbox
[post=275780]Quoted post[/post]​

Level 26 in a week....??? Dude, do you sleep??

[Pp]