Video gamers

@Fade Wow I doubt I'd leave the house much with that extensive a collection. Have you tried the Dragon Age series yet btw?

Yeah! I've played the first two and own the third one.. I just uh, haven't gotten around to playing it. Yet. Even though it came out in 2014... :sweat:

Reactions: hammer75

LegLuver29

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Winston-Salem (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Mario Odyssey is TONS of fun and I would highly recommend it. I also can't wait for the Pokemon Yellow remake this year :p
You also heard about these haven't u?
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Finsertcoin%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F05%2Flets-go-pokemon.jpg

sarahm9711

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is Fallout 4 a game you can just pick up and play if you never tried one before? I'm home at my parents for the summer and noticed he has that here. I'm gonna ask him too but thought I would see what you guys think. Also, is it hard to learn?

xXSlateXx

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is Fallout 4 a game you can just pick up and play if you never tried one before? I'm home at my parents for the summer and noticed he has that here. I'm gonna ask him too but thought I would see what you guys think. Also, is it hard to learn?
Yes! I had never played any of the previous games and I could get right into the story. Its self contained, but meshes with the rest of the games' stories. Kind of like Skyrim. Bethesda knows their stuff.

sarahm9711

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes! I had never played any of the previous games and I could get right into the story. Its self contained, but meshes with the rest of the games' stories. Kind of like Skyrim. Bethesda knows their stuff.

I asked my dad about it this morning and he said the same thing. I think I might give it a try soon. He was really into it and I usually like the stuff he is into.

xXSlateXx

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I asked my dad about it this morning and he said the same thing. I think I might give it a try soon. He was really into it and I usually like the stuff he is into.
I really enjoyed it, especially with the DLC. The storyline has some good twists and moral decisions (without giving anything away) and keeps me occupied for hours if I don't pay attention to time haha

sarahm9711

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I really enjoyed it, especially with the DLC. The storyline has some good twists and moral decisions (without giving anything away) and keeps me occupied for hours if I don't pay attention to time haha
Its one of those games that you can put in like tons of hours into, right?

xXSlateXx

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its one of those games that you can put in like tons of hours into, right?
Most definitely! The first character I made racked up 140+ hours of gameplay alone, and I have 2 others I'm doing multiple endings with.

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I honestly thought Fallout 4 was shite (especially with them trying to lull gamers into constantly buying mods). The factions and DLC are a hell of a lot better with Fallout New Vegas.

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I honestly thought Fallout 4 was shite (especially with them trying to lull gamers into constantly buying mods). The factions and DLC are a hell of a lot better with Fallout New Vegas.
I absolutely loved fallout 4 but have heard from friends that new Vegas was the best. Really enjoyed the DLC too but nuke world was sub par for me...

Reactions: xXSlateXx

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure

I'm going to start my second play through of Fallout 4 tonight. It's a separate story from any other instance of Fallout, so you won't be missing any part of the story. You might miss some of the intricacies of the factions and groups that exist, but that's not a problem as you'll have ample opportunity to learn about them.

It's less of an RPG than Fallout 3 was and feels more like an open-world FPS with RPG elements. I think that's not so great for a long term play through, but that's just my opinion.

It's not hard to learn, mostly point and click with inventory management. You do need to talk to NPCs and get them on your side, sort of, but you always have extra chances to do that if needed. The hardest part is knowing what your character is capable of doing and avoiding what your character is not capable of doing.

If you want some suggestions for games with an easier learning curve and good story lines I would recommend LA Noire, The Walking Dead: Season One (Telltale), I was a fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls but a lot of people aren't. If I only had a few months to play I might try a couple of these instead of Fallout 4. I feel like you'll either get bored of Fallout 4 quickly, or you'll want to keep playing for more than a few months.

sarahm9711

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If you want some suggestions for games with an easier learning curve and good story lines I would recommend LA Noire, The Walking Dead: Season One (Telltale), I was a fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls but a lot of people aren't. If I only had a few months to play I might try a couple of these instead of Fallout 4. I feel like you'll either get bored of Fallout 4 quickly, or you'll want to keep playing for more than a few months.

Thank you for the recommendations. I actually played Walking Dead a long time ago and thought it was great. I loved being able to make decisions (and sometimes you had to do it quick). I only played the first season though, so maybe trying the others would be good.

xXSlateXx

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thank you for the recommendations. I actually played Walking Dead a long time ago and thought it was great. I loved being able to make decisions (and sometimes you had to do it quick). I only played the first season though, so maybe trying the others would be good.
They actually recently came out with a collection that has all 3 seasons and the DLC episodes, if you're interested. $40 retail I believe.

Reactions: sarahm9711

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I absolutely loved fallout 4 but have heard from friends that new Vegas was the best. Really enjoyed the DLC too but nuke world was sub par for me...

New Vegas FTW. The politics of the factions were just incredible :)

Reactions: hammer75 and Beanie