Video of U.S. friendly fire unleashes storm

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by kamikazee_club, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kamikazee_club

kamikazee_club New Member

This in the news today:

Video of U.S. friendly fire unleashes storm

The content speaks for itself. Everyone knows mistakes happen in wars, it's inevitable. The question is rather this; can the MOD (Ministry of [lying] Dickheads] be in any way forgiven for initally denying the existence of the video while hiding behind US skirts, and when should the needs of Justice outweigh a clearly bogus 'Classified' material cop out and the DOD's refusal to allow US pilots to testify?

When things go wrong and such deaths occur in a military conflict where should the line of accountability be drawn, and by whom? I understand the enquiry process in the US (and the US view that its military personnel should not be, and are not in general held accountable for their [mis]deeds overseas). In circumstances where, in a coalition friendly fire deaths occur should any nation's combatants be protected or should there be a transparent enquiry process?

After all, if UK troops are good enough to fight alongside US troops, should they not be afforded the same respect, rights and protections and be held to the same level of accountability when things go wrong and VV? Naturally, the same applies with any coalition nation's troops.

2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    The leaked video. part_1 part_2

From the video the pilots are not solely to blame as they were given confirmation from "intel" that there were no friendlies in the area.

Human error is fucking endless.

With all war tech being developed and GPS toys readily available why the fuck are there not transmitters carried by all personnel identifying their location and afiliation? Imbed it in a badge, attach them to vehicles. Anything to prevent this senseless shit.

3. dostoy

dostoy New Member

I wonder what friendly fire was like in WWII?

4. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:

Whats the official line, Don't ask Don't tell ????:confused:

5. socoken

socoken New Member

The pilots concluded that the orange panels where "orange rocket launchers" befire firing?

All of the air panels I saw were 3' by 5' or so orange flags or banners strapped to the roof or hood of vehicles. They may not have been put on in a way that made them easily identifiable, or they had been bunched up by wind or come loose.

6. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Personally, the Brit media are a bunch of pussies IMHO. "OH NOES! SHOT AGAIN!" Why the fuck are the Brits in a US dominated zone anyway? Tanks are worth shit when planes are around.

And what the hell was the performance of the pilot. If I saw enemy troops, I'd have done 2 fly-bys and dropped a bomb to finish them off. What if they were enemy? They've just opened themselves off to a rocket up the ass at worst.

Hey, guess what, the Brits still haven't got the hint on how much the're really "needed" in Iraq. I mean, M1 battletanks versus Scorpian (what the fung are they classed as?) vehicles....yeah, that's real presence.

7. kamikazee_club

Hardly justifies shooting at them though does it.

Perhaps you should wait until you join and have served in the military in a conflict before offering military tactical advice eh?

8. socoken

socoken New Member

A10's dont carry bombs to drop, they are a plane built around a gun made to take out armored targets.

I have trained with the Britts, camped with the Britts, and fought with the Britts. I, and everyone I know that was with me, loved having them around and had respect and admiration for them.

Besides, its not as though the only casualties of friendly fire were Britts. Your anti-war emotions have clouded your judgment.

9. chico8

chico8 New Member

When in doubt, don't.

The big problem is the continued cover up and the fact that the US has allowed those responsible to continue to fly.

THEY pulled the trigger and THEY are responsible, not the Brits, not anybody else.

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Little accountability for overseas misdeeds indeed. This reminds me of the tragic case back in 1999.

CNN - U.S. pilot acquitted in ski lift deaths - March 4, 1999

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

The Brits are there so Blair could prove how far his nose was inserted up bush's arsehole. What's a few (thousand) casualites among friends?

12. kamikazee_club

There is some truth in that but I also think it's a very simplistic view, there is more to it but that's been done to death already, I think you know that but your comment is a convenient throwaway.

13. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Remind me of this when WW3 comes along. Ever wondered why blacks are so good at running? (It's a vile south Park Joke.):biggrin1:

Answer, because they already know how to dodge bullets on the street.

Anyway, this is not a millitary discussion board. Considering that I am actually defending the pilots, you'd think the pro-US party would actually cheer for once. Figures.

How am I anti war? I've been shouting "NUKE NORTH KOREA" since just after 9/11, but I don't see anyone even contemplating fighting a country with a nuclear arsenal (or even the threat of one)... if that isn't a pro-war attitude, I don't know what is. I tend to be an apathetic neutral in political arguements, while indeed I do have, and state an opinion, I don't vote as, has already been mentioned, because I haven't flown and aircraft, nor blown up soldier by accident, or served in the millitary, I don't have a reason to make an opnion that matters.

I wish people would stop searching for a fucking gay gene though! THAT IS MY FUCKING FIELD! DAMN!!

GET THE FUCK OUT OF BIOLOGY!

ARGH!

Till you can watch animals get sliced into pieces without crying, don't get into the animal research debate either...etcetera etcetera...maybe I'm off tangent!

Many gay men would probably die to have a boyfriend that loyal.

Anyway, from what I can see, there was no malice on the part of the pilots, it was all a tragic mistake.

I'm not even sure why there's an enquiry.

Draft saved Draft deleted