View of Men Living At Home w/ Parent(s)

D

deleted395785

what is it about guys that live at home with their parent(s) that women seem to look down on? ok, i dont live at home with my mother but i think it kind of sucks that we are written off as losers if we still do. it doesn't seem to be as bad if a woman lives at home with her parent(s).
if i could i would live at home but that would wreak havoc on my social status. anyone want to share on reasons why a man living at home with mom is such a no-no?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think having a mom around the house cuts in on how much sex you can have at his place. It also kills the libido to know that at any minute his mom may be bursting through the bedroom door.

D_Langhorne Hangsleft

Just Browsing
Media
What I know is that people from the ethnic minority tend to be close with their families. Me, I'm 27, carribean background and I still live with my parents. We tend to stay together. Also partly because i'm still in school finishing my Bachelors degree. And I have what I need at my parents house (clothes, food, bed, etc...). Of course, I don't intend on living with them all my life; I am gonna move out soon. Another thing is that I'm also working part-time; thus I get to save money so I can do a big cashdown for a condo I plan to buy. So I could care less if woman looks at me down or laughing at me, because, for me, it's a smart and beneficial thing. Besides, I know plenty of guys who are on the same situation as me and they still manage to have a good social life (girlfriends, good entourage,etc...). So stop thinking of what any girl might think about you and focus on yourself.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
If a person is down on there luck and trying to get back on track, going to school, it is fine to live with parents. Or the parent(s) may be sick and need assistance. I have seen these scenarios and find that admirable. On the other hand, I have seen grown men not trying to work, don't help around the house, and still orders mom around the house like she is a personal slave, then try to find a independent woman to leech from- those are the ones that irk me.

Since I am no longer in the dating scene it not a matter that concerns me at this time; but I am raising my son to be a strong, independent man. I want him to try his best to succeed, but know his parents are there to give him a hand.

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media
what is it about guys that live at home with their parent(s) that women seem to look down on? ok, i dont live at home with my mother but i think it kind of sucks that we are written off as losers if we still do. it doesn't seem to be as bad if a woman lives at home with her parent(s).
if i could i would live at home but that would wreak havoc on my social status. anyone want to share on reasons why a man living at home with mom is such a no-no?

try this scene :
a man and a woman meet at a bar and hit off a nice convo.
man : wanna head over to my place so I can fuck your brains out?
woman: oh definitely.
man : we'll need to be quiet though. my mom and dad might hear us. . .
oh and ignore them. they're quite loud when they go at it too.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
try this scene :
a man and a woman meet at a bar and hit off a nice convo.
man : wanna head over to my place so I can fuck your brains out?
woman: oh definitely.
man : we'll need to be quiet though. my mom and dad might hear us. . .
oh and ignore them. they're quite loud when they go at it too.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yep.

I am a mother looking fondly toward the future day when my son moves out on his own and lets me make some NOISE!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
depends on motivation...
if you're ill, or they're ill.
if you're temporarily broke, or they're broke.

but if he's just never cut the apron strings then i doubt we'd get on.

it'd mean going back to mine for nooky, but that's ok.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Unless one is attending school, sick or unemployed/broke, or caregiving, why on earth would one want to live with one's parents?

Because it's cheap and can save you a lot of money.

I've been living in Asia for the past few years and here it is normal for people to stay home until marriage. I think it's honestly a good idea that has a lot of merit. If you stay with your parents you can drastically cut your spending and have more money to save and spend on things you enjoy.

In terms of where to take a date when you want to fuck, just take her to a love hotel. They are cheap and give you free condoms!

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because it's cheap and can save you a lot of money.

I've been living in Asia for the past few years and here it is normal for people to stay home until marriage. I think it's honestly a good idea that has a lot of merit. If you stay with your parents you can drastically cut your spending and have more money to save and spend on things you enjoy.

In terms of where to take a date when you want to fuck, just take her to a love hotel. They are cheap and give you free condoms!

Okay, it saves money....but wouldn't you rather be independent, self-sufficient, your own man? Do you not feel some guilt at allowing your parents to subsidize your lifestyle after you have become, or should have become an adult? Just asking.

Almost forgot, I know a fellow in my home town; 33 years old, good job, never left home. He has no real friends, because no one respects him for mooching off of his parents.

Last edited:

BIGDICKSMALLBALLS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
great dick is my drug, there is plenty of room here to hollar all you want. Now I just got to convince you to visit.

But is it really a ?, living at home with your folks, women are the last thing you need to worry about. If you cant afford a place of your own, how can you take a girl out. Generally do you want to go back to my folks place isnt a line that EVER will work

D

deleted395785

its just funny that i've been meeting women who live at home and it doesnt bother me at all. but i find myself on hard times and i dont have the luxury of moving back in with my parents so i gotta have roommates. its pretty common here in NYC to have roommates forever but in other cities i frequent its sort of frowned upon to live with others after a certain age. recently went on a date that went south as soon as i mentioned i wished i could move in with my folks to save money

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Okay, it saves money....but wouldn't you rather be independent, self-sufficient, your own man? Do you not feel some guilt at allowing your parents to subsidize your lifestyle after you have become, or should have become an adult? Just asking.

I live on my own. It's not that great.

Almost forgot, I know a fellow in my home town; 33 years old, good job, never left home. He has no real friends, because no one respects him for mooching off of his parents.

I'm not talking about mooching off of your parents. Mooching off your parents is a completely different thing than what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is that before you move out of your parents home, you should make sure that you're on solid footing financially and your career is stable. That might be in your late 20's or even your early 30's, but no matter when it happens you will be in a better position to take whatever problems life throws your way.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
unless a man has a good reason to be living at home, like he's finishing school, helping out his parents, trying to get his life on the right track, then i don't see a problem with his living arrangements. it's fine just as long as he doesn't plan on living with his parents for the rest of his life.

but if a man is lazy, unemployed, his mother still cooks, cleans, and does his laundry, and he hasn't done anything with his life, it gives a woman every reason to stay away from him.

however, i think i'm much more tolerant of the men living at home situation because in the asian cultures like mine, it's custom for men to live with their families throughout their entire lives--and it's not something that's frowned upon either. the family system has always been that when the daughter(s) marry they'll go on to live with their husband and his family. then when the son(s) marry the wife will come to live with him and his family. my father, for example, has lived with my grandmother his entire life, and my mother's father has lived with her brother his entire life. it may seem like an unusual living arrangement from the western POV, but it's very common in many asian households.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I live on my own. It's not that great.

I'm not talking about mooching off of your parents. Mooching off your parents is a completely different thing than what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is that before you move out of your parents home, you should make sure that you're on solid footing financially and your career is stable. That might be in your late 20's or even your early 30's, but no matter when it happens you will be in a better position to take whatever problems life throws your way.

OK, I get that. I guess it seems to me that you (and I'm not being snarky or singling you out, I know of more than few here in my home town) are reluctant to take the final step into adulthood - independence. I left home at age 19, after my first year of University and except for a period of about 2 months in my late twenties, never went back. There does seem to be a lot of people doing what you speak of. It just seems to be a way of evading responsibility. The longer one stays at home, the more reasons one will find not to leave.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
but i find myself on hard times and i dont have the luxury of moving back in with my parents so i gotta have roommates. its pretty common here in NYC to have roommates forever but in other cities i frequent its sort of frowned upon to live with others after a certain age. recently went on a date that went south as soon as i mentioned i wished i could move in with my folks to save money

Well, sometimes rejection is better suffered now than later. Rejection can be good things.