Views of masturbation

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by gen1125, Apr 17, 2009.

1. gen1125

gen1125 Member

Okay so everything started when I decided to not masturbate for a week. I usually do it every day so I am trying something new. When my friends found out about it they made comments about how it should not be that had hard to do and would then make statements about they have been over a week without and such. Some of my friends say they will go over 2 weeks without masturbating. When I ask why they don't do it more frequently, they say, "Will power". The two that said that are pretty religious. One Catholic and one Christian. Do certain religions look down upon it?

2. jjgordon24

jjgordon24 New Member

3. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

Typically, major religions frown on it due to it does not lead to procreation. Problem is, as with most religious rules, they were made by men who sit around and dream up paradoxes that drive the average human nuts. They deny that God made our bodies the way they are (e.g., high sex drives) for a reason however, if we were to follow those drives normally, we would all have families with hundreds of children and women would never leave the home. Life simply is not that way anymore and to use "Dark Ages" thinking and apply it to present day is simply ignorant and stupid. It is not socially acceptable for a man your age to go around screwing everything he sees because he is horny all day long. Consequently, society disagrees with religion. On top of that, even if you were to try to follow your poor misguided friends, your God-made and God-given body would revolt and you would have wet dreams to dispose of the excess sperm. So, I say, JACK OFF YOURSELF CRAZY! At least then, you will have some fun doing it!

P.S. It is fine, even good, to have faith and to hold spiritual beliefs but it is best to reconcile these with all the stupid man-made religious rules while you are young so they don't totally screw up your life. People may give credence to the old rules and regulations but their purpose now will only heap guilt and shame on you. It is best work on your faith but to recognize all the rules that hypocrits try to heap on you for what they are:
    :bsflag:

4. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

My friend - we are given our bodies as a gift from God (even for those who don't believe) our sexuality is part of that gift. Pleasure is just that - are we hurting anyone by our use of the gift of masturbation? I don't think so.

God doesn't make any junk!

5. brianincny

brianincny New Member

Albums:
    Roman catholic and mormon are against it. All protestants ok.

6. D_Tina_Ciao

D_Tina_Ciao Account Disabled

Nowhere in the Bible does it state that masturbation is a sin.
    You can be as spiritual, even as Christian as you want, without having
    the religious doctrines of man crammed down your throat. Christ
    would not approve of all the judgmentalism so prevalent today - He
    was loving, giving, and healing and came so that we could return to
    be with Him and Father God *in spite of* our sins - there's no one
    who can keep all the law - that's why He came; we depend on grace.

The Bible doesn't specify masturbation as a sin. Period.

#6 D_Tina_Ciao, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted