Views on mature/young relationships

Rooster89

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a guy that straddles the line between straight and gay I am always interested in the various prejudices people have regarding relationships and what they find taboo. In regards to age, you see cougars and jail bait chasers on the hetero side and the daddy/boy dynamic on the homosexual side. As a young man, I am almost exclusively attracted to older men but rarely find myself fantasizing about a significantly older woman.

Just wondering what some of your opinions are out there. Is age an issue? Do you find yourself significantly more attracted to one group than another? How do you feel society looks at relationships with large age gaps, gay or straight?

Thanks and looking forward to reading what you have to say!

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have always been attracted to younger, although my age range preference matured as I did. Your attractions are what they are. There may be many reasons behind them, what shaped them, etc. but if they are consistent, they are likely not going to change. Be yourself, and go for people who compliment your attractions. My 2 cents.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I prefer being with an older woman. My ex girlfriends and FWBs have all been older than I.

As far as what society thinks? I believe it's becoming more accepted, especially due to all the references in pop culture, celebrity relationships, and the like.

Now, if someone has an issue with my (or anyone else) preference to older women, that's entirely their problem. Not mine.

bimetaldude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This is a interesting topic. I met my BF online in 2000 when he was 26 and I was 37. We did not meet until 10 years later, he was 36 and I was 47. I never really think of him as 11 years younger than me though. My mom and date were 11 years apart as well.

But I would never date a girl or a guy for that matter who were more than 15 years younger than me. I know I say that now. LOL

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I suppose age is not necessarily a measure of maturity. Regardless of the age difference. so long both parties feel comfortable with each others' maturity, I feel there should not be a problem.

However, another matter that needs to be addressed is the sex drive and stamina. Generally speaking the younger party would have a higher sex drive and more stamina. It might prove to be unsatisfying to the younger party if the older party is not quite able to keep up. It might not happen today or in three year's time. But perhaps it might start becoming a problem five years down the line.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm generally attracted to younger men, but no more than about 15 years younger than I. At this point people wouldn't look at me with a man that much younger than I and think it's odd - in a few years, it might be different. I hope it wouldn't bother me and I hope it wouldn't bother the man I'm with. I suppose that if the opinions of other matter that much that the relationship wouldn't be the right one.

B_debonair87

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i love older women. my ex was 5 years older than me. when i was like 17 i fucked a woman in her mid 30s.

right now i'm trying to find a cougar/sugar mama who can pay my bills

kiahman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am in a 8 year relationship with a man 20 years older than me. We do gave a great time, but there are several challenges. The most obvious being sex releated issues, but the POP culture is really a big deal at times. I am 38 and he will be 58 next week. But somehow our loveor our stubbornness has kept the relationship strong. All in all, I say go with what makes you happy, and who makes you happy.