Vintage Boxers - Military - Looking for Source

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have several pair of vintage military surplus boxers. I would like to find more like one pair in particular. I believe they are French. They're white with a French back and button at the waist. I have been told they are the kind the Israelites were wearing in Chariots of the Gods. You may recall the scene when the men were running along a beach training.

Do any of you men know of a surplus store that might have such? Preferably online. I got these at Col. Bubbies in Galveston.

I'll try to add a picture here tomorrow night or Sunday.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
osxwrangler said:
I have several pair of vintage military surplus boxers. I would like to find more like one pair in particular. I believe they are French. They're white with a French back and button at the waist. I have been told they are the kind the Israelites were wearing in Chariots of the Gods. You may recall the scene when the men were running along a beach training.

Do any of you men know of a surplus store that might have such? Preferably online. I got these at Col. Bubbies in Galveston.

I'll try to add a picture here tomorrow night or Sunday.
Not sure if it's the same, but Brooks Bros. did offer "tieback boxers". They are seriously "old school" in style. Boxers designed pre-elastic band. Have a bodiced 3-button front, above the fly, and in the back, they actually tie up. You would adjust them to your size, tie them, and the knot would pretty much be left, getting you in and out of them via the buttons in the front. They used to come and go a lot. Either they'd be in the stores, or they'd be in the catalogue, but seemed to go back and forth. However, with there recent changes and updating, it's also possible that they've dropped the somewhat outdated product all together.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
bigeight_98 said:
Excellent! I should've looked there first. I made the mistake of actually going into the store and confusing the hell outta the staff, and explaining, "Yes, it has YOUR label on it, I'm sure YOU make, or made them." After I had gotten a very snooty, "We've never had such a thing" from the sixth staff member pulled into the discussion. :rolleyes:

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for the lead but I have a thing about vintage clothing. It's more of a hobby. I've been away all day so I haven't gotten the images up yet.

Yes, the Brooks Bros. drawers sound similar. The ones I am looking for have a French back - button on either side to adjust the waist size. They are a fairly substantial white cotton. I believe they are form the 40's - possibly later.

Yes! Col. Bubbies is still there. It still has the wonderful army green smell too. (Call it a weakness) I bought the boxers mentioned there in August.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
osxwrangler said:
Thanks for the lead but I have a thing about vintage clothing. It's more of a hobby. I've been away all day so I haven't gotten the images up yet.

Yes, the Brooks Bros. drawers sound similar. The ones I am looking for have a French back - button on either side to adjust the waist size. They are a fairly substantial white cotton. I believe they are form the 40's - possibly later.

Yes! Col. Bubbies is still there. It still has the wonderful army green smell too. (Call it a weakness) I bought the boxers mentioned there in August.
OK, now you have me curious. Any pix of them?

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
osxwrangler said:

Have you tried Ebay ?

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy day. Here are the images. The left marking is dated 1952. Yes, I have searched eBay.

Attachments

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
osxwrangler said:
Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy day. Here are the images. The left marking is dated 1952. Yes, I have searched eBay.
Ooo, if you find any info on these, be sure to pass it along!

*Realizes his undie fetish, and his undie-less kilt fetish do not agree, and welcomes you to his confused little world. :biggrin1:*