ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

What do you have for a pickup cartridge?
Just a budget Shure M97xE but - here's the twist - I got a special Jico SAS stylus from Japan, which sounds amazingly natural going through Quad 33/303 combo into early Rogers LS3/5a, 15ohm version, which I love more than life itself.

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I still have all my vinyl albums (about 300). My CD player expired a few weeks ago, so I got my old turntable out of the attic. I had to buy a new drive belt from eBay but now it is working perfectly and I've been playing old albums which I've not listened to for 20 years. Over the years, I have re-bought many of my favourite old albums on CD but there are many which I haven't been able to find on CD and others which I wouldn't bother to buy on CD but I would still like to hear on vinyl now and again. Even if I could replace all my vinyl with CD, it would break my heart to throw away any of my vinyl albums. I like to look at the 12" cover art and read the lyric sheets, without squinting. Other little quirks too, like remarks the engineer carved into the pressing between the inner track and the label. They have a great sentimental value for me, which I've never really had with CDs. I also have about 500 CDs and I don't have an MP3 player. I don't have any objection to listening to MP3s and I can appreciate the convenience of having your entire music collection in your pocket but if you want to look at the album art or lyrics, they're going to be on a tiny screen on the device, or you've got to look at it on your PC. It's just not the same as having the album in your hand to feel and look at.
Amen Bro!

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I still have some vinyl from when dinosaurs roamed the Earth. I spin it from time to time for old time's sake. I have cassettes and CDs, too, plus a handful of 78s my grandparents had in the 1940s & 50s, and MP3 everything. Never got into the old 8 track tapes though.