Violent Sleep - I Hurt my hand

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Flashy, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Flashy

Gold Member

Does anyone have any experience with "violent sleep"? an ex girlfriend of mine, use to kick viciously in her sleep, i know someone who used to curse pretty violently too during their sleep...

it seems to be a product of the dreams one is having...

I ask because i currently am suffering my first ever episode.

of course, in the past, like most people i have had bad dreams every once in a long while, the kind where you wake up and scream, or shout, or shaking cause it was so scary or real...

ANyway, i was dreaming last night, completely random, of being back in some sort of middle or junior high school type of scenario (random school, random people i did not know) and there was one kid, who i hated who was my age, who i was apparently always feuding with and was very dangerous, and he was picking on and bullying all the younger kids...and it made me furious, and things got so vicious that i "threw" a punch at him.

i woke up instantly with an incredibly loud smashing noise, and an incredible shooting pain in my hand...

I had literally thrown all my weight, ffrom a somewhat reclining position in sleep (i had apparently, elevated myself a bit, while sleeping on my stomach, drew my fist back and swung)

i had punched the wall...really hard...apparently, i simply fell back asleep, because while i remember the incident and the wakeup clearly, i apparently jsut endured the pain and went right back to sleep without turning on the lights or checking or anything...

when i awakened this morning, there was a pretty fair sized depression in the wall, with cracks, and chipped paint, and some jagged bits...it was rather startling...and my hand was *KILLING* me, my knuckles are cut and black and blue, and are absolutely killing me...i have made an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow, because i think if they are not broken, they maybe fractured, but they are definitely seriously bruised...

has anyone ever had anything similar happen, or known someone who this has happened to in some way?

was it the beginning of a "cycle" or just a one time thing? I am hoping this is not the beginning of something and was simply a one-off. I never sleepwalk or anything like that, but this was very weird...

2. Flashy

Gold Member

3. Principessa

Gold Member

4. Flashy

Gold Member

yeah..actually they are similar but the violence is a bit different....

i have had night terrors many times before, probably 3 a year or so... which are dreams so vivid where you wake up and scream or shout...

but i never had one which involved a physically violent act like that

5. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

My son had night terrors as a child, but it usually just resulted in him screaming and crying violently for anywhere from 5-20 minutes until I could get him to fully awake. He was never violent. And he never left his bed.

Luckily enough, I've never been involved with someone who was violent in their sleep, nor do I have any rememberence of being violent in my sleep. Hopefully I can avoid that!

I hope your hand is okay, though! And I hope this was just a one time thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted